Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moved to Sky- When do I get my final bill?

Options
  • 11-02-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi, 

I'm changing my query cause my previous query was resolved.

I've moved to Sky because of the Eir price increase. I did it all through Sky, but I was onto your team today and was told because I didn't contact you directly (as Sky told me not too) that my final bill will have a cancellation charge and that I will have to ring to dispute it once the final bill is issued.

The loyalty agent was lovely and assured me that it shouldn't be a problem if I have the letter but I'm wondering why will it be there in the first place? The account has been cancelled, I was given 30 days from the letter issue, why does it matter who did it?

Is there any way of just getting my final bill for the services you provided without having to go through the rigmarole of ringing you guys back to cancel a charge that you've already said shouldn't be an issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

cb123 wrote: »
    Hi, 

I've moved to Sky because of the Eir price increase. I did it all through Sky, but I was onto your team today and was told because I didn't contact you directly (as Sky told me not too) that my final bill will have a cancellation charge and that I will have to ring to dispute it once the final bill is issued.

The loyalty agent was lovely and assured me that it shouldn't be a problem if I have the letter but I'm wondering why will it be there in the first place? The account has been cancelled, I was given 30 days from the letter issue, why does it matter who did it?

Is there any way of just getting my final bill for the services you provided without having to go through the rigmarole of ringing you guys back to cancel a charge that you've already said shouldn't be an issue?
    Hi cb123

The letter states that contact must be made to eirs cancellations team - in honesty another provider cannot see that letter and they should not have advised you this.

Unfortunately as as notification was not provided there is no eir can issue a final bill without the charges - however I can assure you once the bill is out the loytalty team will take the charges off right away :)

Also, if your eir account was on direct debit I would reccomend cancelling he direct debit with loyalty today - you can reach loyalty team on free phone 1800303600
    Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cb123

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi, 

Hi cb123

The letter states that contact must be made to eirs cancellations team - in honesty another provider cannot see that letter and they should not have advised you this.

Unfortunately as as notification was not provided there is no eir can issue a final bill without the charges - however I can assure you once the bill is out the loytalty team will take the charges off right away :)

Also, if your eir account was on direct debit I would reccomend cancelling he direct debit with loyalty today - you can reach loyalty team on free phone 1800303600
    Thanks

Al
    Thanks so much for the reply Al and the reassurance.

I've cancelled my Direct Debit with my bank, and I will pay the bill via the post office once it arrives.

Over the past year, I've had a great experience with Eir and would recommend them to anyone. My only gripe was that I was paying €60 for 3mb BB and it's not worth it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi, 

Hi cb123

Thanks

Al
    Thanks so much for the reply Al and the reassurance.

I've cancelled my Direct Debit with my bank, and I will pay the bill via the post office once it arrives.

Over the past year, I've had a great experience with Eir and would recommend them to anyone. My only gripe was that I was paying €60 for 3mb BB and it's not worth it for me.
    Thanks cb123

I understand your views - please do not pay the final bill as it will show the early cancellations charges - make sure to have the charges removed by either loyalty team (or myself) and then pay the amount less the charges :) There's nothing to worry about and I'm happy to help!

Al

Advertisement