Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zoomtak T8

Options
  • 11-02-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

I know someone who recently got a Zoomtak T8, but is trying to decide whether to keep it or return it and get something else.

Think this is the one.

Does that have any advantage over something like this MXIII or a Wetek, which seem to be the most popular choices at the moment based on a glance around various forums?

From what I can see the specs are similar, but I think the Zoomtak worked out a fair bit more expensive.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@MOH

The following warning is not directed at you :-), your query is fine.

Folks,

Please take note of the warning Stickey at thetop of the forum and keep responses to this query focussed on the technical merits or otherwise of the boxes in question.

Cheers,

Ritz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Exact same as MXIII in terms of spec and operating system, certainly not worth changing it for one and you shouldn't really save money by doing so.

Wetek has lower specs but runs OpenElec as the operating system (essentially a Linux type Kodi OS) - this uses much less of the system's resources so can be better performance wise. Wetek can also come with a satellite or TV tuner too.

Advertisement