Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens if one of the mortgage holders dies, does the other one still have to pa

Options
  • 11-02-2016 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

Or is it possible to have insurance against this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Good Afternoon Zelda247,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

As there are many different scenarios affecting this (whether there are two names on the policy, who is named on the estate etc) I could not give a definite answer on this. I can say however, that mortgage applicants do have to have a life assurance policy in place, which would usually cover death.

If you would like to discuss this with one of our mortgage representatives please PM us here and we would be happy to arrange a callback to discuss further.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

Good Afternoon Zelda247,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie

As there are many different scenarios affecting this (whether there are two names on the policy, who is named on the estate etc) I could not give a definite answer on this. I can say however, that mortgage applicants do have to have a life assurance policy in place, which would usually cover death.

If you would like to discuss this with one of our mortgage representatives please PM us here and we would be happy to arrange a callback to discuss further.

Thanks,

Evie[/quo

Hi,

Thanks for that, I would ask that you remove your telephone number for your own security, and could you please PM us your name and first line of your address instead and we will arrange this call for you.

Thanks,

Evie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I found the answer thanks.

Hi,

Glad to hear you got sorted, but let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Thanks,

Evie

• Advertisement
Advertisement