Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i4590 with stock cooler - thermal paste?

Options
  • 11-02-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Hi - I plan on building my pc tonight - first time builder and all my parts arrived in the post this morning - I didn't have time to open them as I had to rush to work. Do I need to get thermal paste for my i5 4590 CPU - it came boxed with a stock fan?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Don't think so there should be a pre-applied square on the stock cooler

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

if you are planning on using the stock cooler then the paste that comes with it should be fine. Any thoughts on overclocking and you'll probably need some better paste and a better fan/cooler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hyzepher wrote: »
    if you are planning on using the stock cooler then the paste that comes with it should be fine. Any thoughts on overclocking and you'll probably need some better paste and a better fan/cooler

Thanks very much guys - I have no intention to overclock so I'm looking forward to building it tonight as I'm not great with thermal paste - tried it on a PS3 once with mixed results.

All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If its an i5 4590 and not the 4590k you can't over clock it anyways, so the stock fan is all you'll need

Advertisement