Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

chargebump and plugshare

• 11-02-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭

I notice only a handful of plugshare residential chargers being listed. I was thinking of adding mine as , its easily accessible.

How does it work, do you charge for it, whats the etiquette

mines with be 6kw capable and I can control it remotely from a smart phone

Also Chargebump , how many are using it in ireland , guesstimates,do people find it works

any other up and coming apps ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Plugshare these days is largely just for emergency use since there are plenty of public AC chargepoints.

Chargebump had some issues with Irish reg plates for a long time so use is limited over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

BoatMad wrote: »

mines with be 6kw capable and I can control it remotely from a smart phone

Do you have an expensive charger to allow the remote phone support or is it considered standard capability?

Could you give make/model of charger as I am in the process of buying one so I'd like to keep my options open. Thanks.... PM me if you dont want to divert your thread! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I have never successfully used charge bump or had it used on me.

My home charger is listed on plug share but never been contacted. Basically if I'm at home and somebody sent a message I would let them charge. Hardly worth charging them for it, for the sake of a few €.

My charger is in my garage though so could only be used if I was at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I have never successfully used charge bump or had it used on me.

My home charger is listed on plug share but never been contacted. Basically if I'm at home and somebody sent a message I would let them charge. Hardly worth charging them for it, for the sake of a few €.

My charger is in my garage though so could only be used if I was at home.

Same for me, never been bumped but have tried to bump others and had it ignored.
    My charger is listed on plugshare also but no requests to use it. To be honest I would only expect someone in an extreme emergency. I wouldn't charge and I might even throw in a free cup of tea/coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

KCross wrote: »
    Do you have an expensive charger to allow the remote phone support or is it considered standard capability?

Could you give make/model of charger as I am in the process of buying one so I'd like to keep my options open. Thanks.... PM me if you dont want to divert your thread! :)

It's my own design of an evse , it has wifi , I will publish the design freely , once I finish testing on my lead in March.

Sorry you can't buy it !!

• Advertisement

s.welstead wrote: »
    Same for me, never been bumped but have tried to bump others and had it ignored.
    My charger is listed on plugshare also but no requests to use it. To be honest I would only expect someone in an extreme emergency. I wouldn't charge and I might even throw in a free cup of tea/coffee.

Thanks I'll probably list mine in due course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I'm listed with plug share, never been requested. I use it update the state of charge points.
    l'm on charge bump but never been bumped or had success bumping another driver.
    But I don't use public charge points very often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 194 ✭✭mr.dunkey

I think the owner has updated the app and rid of the dashes in the Irish plates to make it easier. Great Idea of an App but everyone needs to be on it, The same dip**** that parks at a FCP for 4 hours probably wont answer a Bump or care

mr.dunkey wrote: »
    I think the owner has updated the app and rid of the dashes in the Irish plates to make it easier. Great Idea of an App but everyone needs to be on it, The same dip**** that parks at a FCP for 4 hours probably wont answer a Bump or care

charging is unfortunately the only way , just like plastic bag tax, appealing to peoples better nature, simply doesn't work. The ESB stats on FCP will be telling them that hogging is occurring and they really only have have one way to solve it.

all we can hope for its is incremental rather then draconian in nature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭Fastpud

BoatMad wrote: »

all we can hope for its is incremental rather then draconian in nature

This is Ireland - have a guess which way it will go......
    I bet the monthly fee will still be there and a charge by KW as a min at the domestic rates.

The ESB have $$ in their eyes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement