Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MST Monitor Suggestions Needed

Options
  • 11-02-2016 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I am looking to replace my trusty Dell 17" and Samsung 21" displays in my home office with two new units in the 22"/23"/24" Bracket and I am looking for some recommendations which hopefully meet the following specs.

Should have DP Daisy Chaining Support ( as want to get away from using and purchasing a separate MST Hub or KVM with DVI/DP Support)
    Budget €150 - €275 Ish ( may have a slight bit of movement)
    Don't need stands.
    1920 x 1280 Min Resolution.
    Fairly Thin Border.
    Usage will mostly be general usage for work and personal use ( incl photo editing) but with little Gaming.
    USB Connectivity would be nice.

I will be connecting both displays a Docked Surface Pro 3 and a Dell PC to these.
    Dell PC Will be connected to both monitors via DVI and the SP3 via DP.
    (I am presently running the same setup in work with 2 dell U2312H's and a MST Hub ( which is not ideal)

Although the UltraSharp 24" Monitor – U2414H is more or less what I desire I am ruling it out as it does not have DVI support.

**Mods Please move if this is in the wrong forum**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm guessing you want VESA mounting support?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Yes - I have my own dual monitor stand

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Bump, Does anyone have any recommendations? Even without dp daisy chain support?

Advertisement