Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long would it be before someone noticed you had disappeared?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Couple of minutes.

Small kids. Can't take a shower or brush my teeth without one of them appearing asking what am i doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Couple of minutes.

Small kids. Can't take a shower or brush my teeth without one of them appearing asking what am i doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I often disappear on the bike for 4-5 days at a time, I usually let the OH know in advance in all fairness.

I imagine after a week AWOL, questions would be asked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Apart from my parents, it'd probably take weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

They haven't found me yet ;) about twice a year I'll go on a proper drink /drug bender for 7-10 days,I think it's a spiritual thing as I normally do it around the summer and winter solstice,,it takes around three days before people start ringing round.I keep strange hours,so even my nearest and dearest wouldn't bat an eyelid if I don't surface for a day or two. If I'm f*ckin off for a while tho I'll generally have the wherewithal to let someone know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is there not an element of self-pity in this question?

Is the measure of ourselves really what other folks make of us? They know no better than you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

RobertKK wrote: »
    Probably 24 hours, at most 36 hours, my cows would notice first if they were not milked and would really let everyone in the townsland know when they weren't fed, so they would be like my alarm systems that something wasn't right, along with hungry calves looking to be fed.
    Sometimes I think if I had a bad farm accident and needed help and no access to the phone, I might be there for a long time and there would be no one to look for me until maybe it was too late.
    This thread is slightly depressing...

I have a brother who works a farm on his own, I would say after a day my sister who lives near him would notice but he could be any where if it was out on the farm its not something I though about before.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember watching a programme about a young British woman who died alone in her apartment in London and wasn't discovered until 3 years later when bailiffs broke in to repossess the property

It was one of the saddest stories I ever heard.

Advertisement