Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Break

Options
  • 11-02-2016 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

I am really looking forward to this game. I hope it lives up to the hype it is getting.
    any one else looking forward to it. April 5th release date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Seems to be no longer an Xbox exclusive and now coming to PC also, consider my eyeballs raised... :)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-02-11-quantum-break-is-coming-to-pc-too

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

they did say it was going to come to PC. I think maybe X1s sells might have moved up the PC release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

gmg678 wrote: »
    they did say it was going to come to PC. I think maybe X1s sells might have moved up the PC release date.

Similar case to Tomb Raider iirc....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Similar case to Tomb Raider iirc....

you would be right there.

Windows 10 version will be free with the One version. and you also get alan wake I believe. Though AW could be just for pre-orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

This is €43.62 here: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/quantum-break-xbox-one

I wonder if this will qualify for the digital pre-order bonuses (Alan Wake + DLC, Alan Wake AN + PC version) once activated? I reckon it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Windows 10 version will be free with the One version. and you also get alan wake I believe. Though AW could be just for pre-orders.
    Everyone who buys Quantum Break will get Alan Wake.
    Digital Pre-orders will get Alan Wake: American Nightmare and the Windows 10 PC version included as a bonus - I'm not sure what physical pre-orders will get.

Everyone who buys Quantum Break will get Alan Wake.
    Digital Pre-orders will get Alan Wake: American Nightmare and the Windows 10 PC version included as a bonus - I'm not sure what physical pre-orders will get.

Physical pre-orders will get Alan Wake its two DLC and American nightmare.
    I believe that only the digital version gives the Win10 version as well.

gmg678 wrote: »
    Physical pre-orders will get Alan Wake its two DLC and American nightmare.
    I believe that only the digital version gives the Win10 version as well.

http://remedygames.com/quantum-break-pre-orders-and-previews-launch-windows-10-version-announced/

"Every Xbox One copy of Quantum Break will come with a full-game download for Alan Wake for Xbox 360, plus its two add-on packs, The Signal and The Writer, playable on Xbox One via Backward Compatibility.

Every Xbox One Quantum Break pre-order made through the Xbox Store or participating retailers will get you a download code for the Windows 10 version of Quantum Break and Xbox One backwards compatible version of Alan Wake’s American Nightmare."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Shred wrote: »
    This is €43.62 here: http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/games/quantum-break-xbox-one

I wonder if this will qualify for the digital pre-order bonuses (Alan Wake + DLC, Alan Wake AN + PC version) once activated? I reckon it should.

Just emailed cdkeys about that. Their response:

"Thank you for your email.

We have no updates on the pre-order bonus dlc for Quantum Break - as it stands it will still be the standard version (as listed)

Kind Regards".

So I'd take that as a no. You wouldn't get Alan Wake etc.

• Advertisement

Fair play and good of them to get back too. I'd think it should still include AW + DLC going by Remedy's site, I wouldn't mind the PC version too though if it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Random question of the day.

I pre-ordered the digital version of Quantum Break on the Xbox Store and received my code for Alan Wake American Nightmare already. Should I wait to play the full game of Alan Wake before playing American Nightmare? (I would like to avoid spoilers, etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ItsShane

I pre-ordered the digital version of Quantum Break on the Xbox Store and received my code for Alan Wake American Nightmare already. Should I wait to play the full game of Alan Wake before playing American Nightmare? (I would like to avoid spoilers, etc.)

I haven't played AN yet, but I believe there are several parts of the game which were to be used in the original development of Alan Wake 2. Probably best to play the first game first. Awesome game and you'll get to know Alan Wake and the story.

It would be best to play Alan Wake first. AN is not a sequel more of a spin off but I think playing AW would be better for you

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I assume the Windows 10 version is tied to the Microsoft account you purchase Quantum Break XB1 version from but if they message me a code, I'm definitely selling it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭dor83

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I assume the Windows 10 version is tied to the Microsoft account you purchase Quantum Break XB1 version from but if they message me a code, I'm definitely selling it :P

The Quantum Break site says
    For a limited time, anyone who pre-orders the digital version of “Quantum Break” for Xbox One through the Xbox Store will receive the Windows 10 version of the game for free, downloadable at the Windows Store via redemption code. The pre-order offer also applies for those who redeem a digital code purchased from participating retailers or from the Xbox One Special Edition Quantum Break Bundle by April 4th, 2016
    So it seems to be a code.

If this was the case you could pre-order on a holiday to save money and sell the windows code for as low as €20 and still have a AAA on one for what 20-25 quid ????

The problem is greed and the race to the bottom that will happen when selling the windows codes, just you watch it will be the pc folks that see the best deal on this when they get it week one for sub €10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Even though I have it preordered I keep forgetting about this game, until the latest beautiful looking GIF surfaces

Qxaydf5.gif

lSV5GTh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Preview video from YouTube. Looks good so far !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TofYHRxIYwY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Decided to pre-order the steelbook edition of this as I have a fondness for steelbooks.

• Advertisement

• Unreal that this game is not being talked about more on the forum, can the mods possibly move it to the General Games forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Unreal that this game is not being talked about more on the forum, can the mods possibly move it to the General Games forum?

Crazy there's only 20+ posts on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Unreal that this game is not being talked about more on the forum, can the mods possibly move it to the General Games forum?

Yeah that would be a good idea as the game will be available for Microsoft Windows too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

MOD NOTE: I agree that this should get more exposure.

Thread moved to the Gaming (General) forum from the Xbox Forum.

Please note that the Gaming (General) charter now applies to this thread.

CIAB

• Registered Users Posts: 54,361 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont think its not being that discussed for PC because it require a MS account and after the abysmal attempt of gears of war, I dont think many have faith in this.

I wont be getting it right away. Bound to be numerous bugs on release day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The PC version is a UWP game, so it's Win10 only, no Steam release, and major technical limitations such as no vsync disabling and no SLI/Crossfire support. It's broken by design and no-one will touch it on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Exactly. It's locked to v-sync, GFWL 2.0: Revengeance, full-screen only and no .exe/.ph, encrypted config files... The v-sync and W10 alone is a deal breaker for me but the rest makes it as attractive as a bag of rubbish.

Not only that I don't know why anyone's getting so excited for this. It looks like a generic over the shoulder shooter with TV-series pacing. Just go ahead and drain that budget on cinematics, VA and name-actor costs... to hell with actual game stuff. No hip fire either, every shot seems to be happening from shoulder-zoom. I mean there's dozens of games with this kind of gameplay that probably do it better, take your pick. I'm personally fine with booting up Max Payne 1/2 every now and then and I'll eat my own hat if any modern 3rd person shooter even comes close to it given the state of the industry, Remedy or no.

Dead on arrival unless they do a 180 on this lickety-split.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not massively interested in this game myself, primarily because of my backlog, but just out of curiosity, if Microsoft corrected the faults in the UWP set up, i.e. making it easier for developers to disable V-Sync, give access to config files, allow access to the exe, allow other stores to sell UWP etc, would it then be an acceptable platform?

Not getting this right away (xbox one) I'm not a huge fan of Remedy and the hype around them, I'll wait to see what others have to say on it. It's an interesting concept but I remain to be convinced it will work as a game.

I'd love to be wrong, but even MS themselves don't seem to be pushing it as hard as I would have thought. Saw a few reddits with people questioning the complete lack of TV spots and ads on US TV for it when Uncharted 4 was getting a big push from Sony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PC gonna wait a while and only when its less than 20 quid.

Advertisement