Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Break

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

CatInABox wrote: »
    would it then be an acceptable platform?

Since it's still a W10 exclusive... not really. There's no excuse for not having this cross-platform in windows' own ecosystem when other games are talking about crossing the platform barrier from PS4 to XBO to Mac, Linux etc. Everyone else is pushing forward and the decision makers behind this game are taking a massive step back.

But lets say it fixes literally every problem we've mentioned so far. It's still just another XBO 3rd person exclusive on PC. So far others have had horrible performance and quirks unfavourable to gaming on PC. Remember Dead Rising 3? Perma mouse acceleration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

Extremely excited for this, have it pre ordered from cd keys. always enjoy remedy games, still boot up Alan wake and american nightmares every now and again.

at 45 euro on cd keys i think itll be worth it

• Some game-play from Act 2: Obvious Spoilers alert!

Won't be watching it myself!

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/28/quantum-break-act-2-gameplay/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Some game-play from Act 2: Obvious Spoilers alert!

Won't be watching it myself!

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/28/quantum-break-act-2-gameplay/

Another article from the same site on their early impressions, no huge plot spoilers that I noticed.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/03/29/quantum-break-is-strictly-for-the-old-school-player/

What they have said in that makes me rethink my position on this game in a very good way.

Another article from the same site on their early impressions, no huge plot spoilers that I noticed.

http://www.vg247.com/2016/03/29/quantum-break-is-strictly-for-the-old-school-player/

What they have said in that makes me rethink my position on this game in a very good way.

having read that my interested levels have been turned up to 11, the whole package of alan wake ( youtube videos, book that came with it and the soundtrack) are exactly why remedy are so good at what they do.

delighted to have a single player game thats not just filler like tomb raider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have a friend playing this for review. Says it's great fun but don't expect the story to be anything special.

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I have a friend playing this for review. Says it's great fun but don't expect the story to be anything special.

A great fun single player game is all I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Another good pre-review write up here

Quantum Break is a refreshing break away from the “Open World Syndrome” many Video Games are suffering from these days. High quality is the word that comes to mind. It’s what describe the game best. High quality. This is the game developers should look at and learn from. Add quality to your Video Games, not mindless quantity.

After beating the game to a 100% completion (full review coming soon), we can confidently say that Quantum Break is the game this generation of gamers need to play and experience.

• Only thing that surprises me at the moment is Microsoft haven't had much advertising for this considering its out in 6 days

You think they would be pushing this hard from an Xbox 1 / Windows 10 exclusive perspective

• Advertisement

• maximoose wrote: »
    Another good pre-review write up here

"Max Payne" of this generation

Yes please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

And we have an embargo-breaking first review!

I skimmed over it, there are some minor story spoilers for anyone trying to avoid.
    Quantum Break is not the most revolutionary of games, and its box of time toys cover what is, at heart, a fairly standardized shooter. However, it carries itself with style and speed to create something genuinely fascinating to play, flavored by a story that, while failing to pay off in the final stretch, is more detailed and engrossing than most in its league.

The Xbox One may have failed to live up to its dreams of being a cross-media entertainment portal, but we got Quantum Break out of it, and that’s just fine by me.

8.5/10
    Great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So which is the best avenue to pre-order on Xbox One and get Alan Wake included?

I have seen that Amazon UK are replacing Alan Wake with Kameo.

So which is the best avenue to pre-order on Xbox One and get Alan Wake included?

I have seen that Amazon UK are replacing Alan Wake with Kameo.

I thought it was the american nightmare game being replaced not the original alan wake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,605 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I thought it was the american nightmare game being replaced not the original alan wake?

It is. This is due to not being able to verify the age of the recipient with Quantum Break being 16s and American Nightmare being 18s. If you purchase in store anywhere that is offering American Nightmare you will still receive it upon proving that you are over 18.

Smyths have the American Nightmare pack here and are selling Quantum Break for €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

https://www.vg247.com/2016/04/01/quantum-break-reviews-all-the-scores/

Reviews are up. Alot more reviews posted in comments which skew it back towards the high scores. Seems promising.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Promising? I'm getting more of a pretty but vapid vibe from it. One for sales I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Gamespot and Eurogamer aren't too impressed. Style over substance seems to be the indications.

Even the bought and sold reviewers over in IGN only gave it an 8/10.

• Gamespot and Eurogamer aren't too impressed. Style over substance seems to be the indications.

Even the bought and sold reviewers over in IGN only gave it an 8/10.

K

What makes them a "bought and sold" reviewer over Gamespot or Eurogamer?
    :confused:

And 8/10 is a bad score now?

Here's some you left out

Xbox Achievements 9/10
    Destructoid 85 / 100
    Polygon 85 /100
    Game Informer 85/100
    Digital Spy 100/100
    IGN Sweden 10/10
    Gameplanet 95/100
    GamesBeat 90/100
    Gaming Nexus 90/100

Looks promising to me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

And Easy Allies first ever review gave it 4.5 stars outta 5.

• Advertisement

• And Easy Allies first ever review gave it 4.5 stars outta 5.

Waza?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Waza?

The ex Gametrailers crew:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

K

What makes them a "bought and sold" reviewer over Gamespot or Eurogamer?
    :confused:

And 8/10 is a bad score now?

Here's some you left out

Xbox Achievements 9/10
    Destructoid 85 / 100
    Polygon 85 /100
    Game Informer 85/100
    Digital Spy 100/100
    IGN Sweden 10/10
    Gameplanet 95/100
    GamesBeat 90/100
    Gaming Nexus 90/100

Looks promising to me

I didn't say 8/10 was a bad score, I just feel sometimes IGN can score AAA titles a little on the high side.

Anyway, I'm probably being a bit harsh on IGN. The reviewer likes the style of the game, but from reading some of the reviews, doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Therefore I'd be more inclined towards the Gamespot and Eurogamer reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Surprised by the lack of hype around this.

Reviews seem decent, i'd say the price will drop on this quick enough and i'll pick it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

hJQSW6Q.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It would be very nice if the game came through the letterbox on Tuesday.

if anyone doeesnt want to wait and is in the north wicklow/ south dublin area this is available to pick up in tesco greystones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

recyclops wrote: »
    if anyone doeesnt want to wait and is in the north wicklow/ south dublin area this is available to pick up in tesco greystones

3 days early? Or is release in Ireland same as Australia?

• Advertisement

Must be early I'm waiting for a digital release on Tuesday.

Advertisement