Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum Break

Options

Comments

Played for 10 minutes before switching it off. I liked what I saw in the opening section. Felt very much a remedy game and I didn't even see any guns.

2 things bother me though from those 10 minutes , there looks like there are going to be a massive amount of collectables and cg aidan gillen looks way too old :confused:

We'll see though when i can play it properly in the morning :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Played a couple of hours there tonight and I enjoyed the first act, really liked the first episode at the end of that too, thought it was really well done!
    Looking forward to getting back into it tomorrow now, nice break from the grind that is The Division!

54.99 in Argos :eek:

• 54.99 in Argos :eek:

Nice1

Reserving now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Completed the first chapter. Haven't died yet but came close a couple times from trying to have fun with the abilities.

Normal seems about the right level for me. Don't really care about achievements etc.

It's alot of fun alright.
    I'm at the start of chapter 2 and I wasnt expecting the twist already
    . Looking forward to playing more of this.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    Completed the first chapter. Haven't died yet but came close a couple times from trying to have fun with the abilities.

Normal seems about the right level for me. Don't really care about achievements etc.

It's alot of fun alright. In at the start of chapter 2 and
    Inwasnt expecting the twist already.
    Looking forward to playing more of this.

Hard is not hard so far , we'll see how that goes later :D

• irishmover wrote: »

It's alot of fun alright. In at the start of chapter 2 and
    Inwasnt expecting the twist already
    Looking forward to playing more of this.

Ah lads,

Could be classed as a spolier

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Ah lads,

I honestly didn't think it was. But I'll spoiler it then.. Nothing I can do about the quotes though.

Ah lads,

Might want to spoiler tag the spoiler in the quote there mick, doesn't update when the op gets the tags added.

• irishmover wrote: »
    I honestly didn't think it was. But I'll spoiler it then.. Nothing I can do about the quotes though.

My point was that I'm now expecting it so I will find no shock factor in it. It's definatly a spoiler.
    Have blanked out the quote

• Advertisement

• Might want to spoiler tag the spoiler in the quote there mick, doesn't update when the op gets the tags added.

Your post above also...

Your post above also...

Cheers missed that.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's average enough so far nothing amazing. On the 2nd part of act two. Will probably skip the tv show episodes, sat through one and it just felt annoying when I would rather continue on with the game. Story is dull as dishwater too

Combat feels fairly clunky imo, nowhere near as fun as any of the max payne games. Playing on hard and its a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's average enough so far nothing amazing. On the 2nd part of act two. Will probably skip the tv show episodes, sat through one and it just felt annoying when I would rather continue on with the game. Story is dull as dishwater too

Combat feels fairly clunky imo, nowhere near as fun as any of the max payne games. Playing on hard and its a breeze.

I am really enjoying the story and the episodes all combined. Nice experience. The combat does feel clunky however I get around that by using the abilities which is most likely what the devs are trying to get us to do.

I didn't mind the TV show the 1st time as a TV Show but I'm not sure how I'll feel the 2nd or 3rd time. I have a feeling I'd rather either play a full game of it or watch a 10 episode series of the show perhaps.

I like the story but don't love it so far end of act 1 and show 1.

Few annoyances so far, bodies disappearing and how they implemented cover. I'm betting we've all pressed A more than once or twice and ended up jumping over the cover instead of getting into it :mad:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,280 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I didn't mind the TV show the 1st time as a TV Show but I'm not sure how I'll feel the 2nd or 3rd time. I have a feeling I'd rather either play a full game of it or watch a 10 episode series of the show perhaps.

Few annoyances so far, bodies disappearing and how they implemented cover. I'm betting we've all pressed A more than once or twice and ended up jumping over the cover instead of getting into it :mad:

Yeah I keep trying to use the division's controls :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Are these tv episodes in between the chapters? and you have to download them separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

for me the TV show in between thing is just not working for me its too drastic from the game

think this is gonna be another order 1886 type game pretty to look at but dull going through the game act 1 was just not all that exciting

il keep playing though and who knows maybe further in things will change but for now those are my first thoughts

Are these tv episodes in between the chapters? and you have to download them separately?

They are between chapters, and choices you make or stuff you interact with affects them, to what degree I don't know but would explain the 75gb size of them for 4 episodes. Word is you can stream them instead of downloading them but I downloaded them yesterday so can't say if that is the case or not.

• Don't understand the criticism of the TV shows. The production here is AAA

A great watch.

Gameplay wise I feel you need to be creative because there's alot if ways to approach situations. I'm playing on hard, on act 2-2 and really enjoying it.

Combing powers is a thrill when it comes off. Takes a while and I died a few times but really starting to get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I'm loving the references to previous remedy games. I know they do this alot but these are very clever.

Enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Just finished act 1 and watched episode 1. I love it, think the TV show thing is a very interesting idea to show the villains side of the story. The gameplay is typical Remedy, its such a playground of chaos when you're stringing your powers together.

I really want an Alan Wake sequel though, like really bad.

So this happened just now :D

Nothing spoilery so it's safe to watch

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Calex%20dEUS/video/16346387

• Are these tv episodes in between the chapters? and you have to download them separately?

I have been streaming them on a 2MB connection with no issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Be sure to watch and listen to the character diaries you unlock by progressing through the game. They are quite good and give you further insight to the story.

I also recommend turning auto aim to the low setting. It's annoying trying to shoot an explosive barrel beside an enemy when your corsair locks onto them instead of the intended target.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I'd pick this up on PC as I like this kind of game and like Remedy as a developer but why are they charging €69.99 for it on the Windows Store. Up till April 4th it came free with the cheaper Xbox One version.

I don't think I've seen a standard edition of a PC gamer cost this much before with the possible exception of Flight Simulator which was another MS title.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Azza wrote: »
    I'd pick this up on PC as I like this kind of game and like Remedy as a developer but why are they charging €69.99 for it on the Windows Store. Up till April 4th it came free with the cheaper Xbox One version.

I don't think I've seen a standard edition of a PC gamer cost this much before with the possible exception of Flight Simulator which was another MS title.
    That'll be Microsoft setting the price as publisher, not Remedy. It's £49.99 on the Store over here which is what The Witcher 3 was at launch on Steam, pretty sure Asasssins Creed Unity and Far Cry 4 were around the £44.99 mark if not more according to some older threads online. Either way, it'll just be MS charging the RRP for it which would be discounted at retail if, you know, it wasn't a MS Store exclusive. :o

You'll more than likely find it cheaper soon on eBay. You get a code sent via Xbox to redeem the game and I believe it's not bound to a Microsoft account

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Not far into Act 2 - I'm liking it but nothing mindblowing. TV show is ok, if a little cheap looking.

For all the fuss about how good it LOOKED before release, am I the only one thinking it's quite average graphic wise? Odd blurry effects on character animations, clunky movements, bad lighting etc

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    Not far into Act 2 - I'm liking it but nothing mindblowing. TV show is ok, if a little cheap looking.

For all the fuss about how good it LOOKED before release, am I the only one thinking it's quite average graphic wise? Odd blurry effects on character animations, clunky movements, bad lighting etc

It's not that the lighting is bad in the traditional sense for me , it's that it way over the top, there are sections where you can be completely blinded by it as you move along making it impossible to see at all.

I've been mulling over the game play myself, and maybe wrongly concluding the reason you can't button snap to cover is to force you to use powers other wise the game would descend into being a rather below average cover based shooter, I'm only midway through act 2 also so thats probably unfair at this point.

Advertisement