Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda station opening hours??

Options
  • 11-02-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

As the title says, how can I find out the times that there is somebody in Portarlington Garda station?? Need to get passport photos signed and the one in Monasterevin refused as I live in Port! Problem is, I have no idea when to find anyone in Port! Any ideas (other than to rob a bank to get them here of course!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

As the title says, how can I find out the times that there is somebody in Portarlington Garda station?? Need to get passport photos signed and the one in Monasterevin refused as I live in Port! Problem is, I have no idea when to find anyone in Port! Any ideas (other than to rob a bank to get them here of course!!)

the rumour is they are there in the evenings after 8....this is fairly hit and miss though. i have to get a passport sorted too il have a look this evening il be passing that way

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭SecretBride

Just in case anyone needs this info for future....although when you telephone you are told the hours are 10-1 and 8-10 that actually aren't!!! Apparently it's rarely manned in the evenings at all and very hit and miss for the mornings....we got given three different sets of times and none of them are correct!

For passport stuff we were allowed to go to Portlaoise and they did it there for us....but that was AFTER we were told by Monasterevin that they would not sign the paperwork because we didn't live in Monasterevin and that we had to go to the station in our own town! Can't decide who is annoying me more at the moment, the guards, the passport process or the governnent and Ireland in general!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

cheers secret bride, il be looking for them next week for a passport application so thats good to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I spent many an hour traveling between three garda stations in my vicinity while trying to get a passport renewal form completed etc. I eventually happened upon a garda leaving the station who was reluctant to re-enter said station and could not give me a time when somebody would be available. At that point, I said I would head into the regional garda station which was open 24/7. He did not seem to want me to do this and did re-enter the station and processed the form for me. This guy did not know me at all so it calls into question why this process is in place. For first time applicants, I can understand the reasoning behind this but for renewals, I cannot and if the guard in question does not know you how can s/he verify that you are actually the person you claim to be.

I wonder would it be easy to get a fake passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭2011abc

Any ideas (other than to rob a bank to get them here of course!!)

You might still be waiting hours if not days !

• Advertisement
Advertisement