Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To TT or not TT

Options
  • 11-02-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi

I am debating whether to invest in a TT bike or not for the coming season. The reason I am hesitant is the prospect of all races becoming draft legal. I will be racing cat 1 this year so TTs are a no go for those races. What is the general consensus regarding all triathlons becoming draft legal? I've been racing on a roadie with clip on tri bars with a decent level of success up to now.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Mos Eisley wrote: »
    Hi

I am debating whether to invest in a TT bike or not for the coming season. The reason I am hesitant is the prospect of all races becoming draft legal. I will be racing cat 1 this year so TTs are a no go for those races. What is the general consensus regarding all triathlons becoming draft legal? I've been racing on a roadie with clip on tri bars with a decent level of success up to now.

Thanks

Ahem http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057558460
    Ahem

I don't see races moving to draft legal format. Outside of Cat1 I imagine they'll stay as they are for numerous reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Mos Eisley

Too big and pricey for me but thanks for the reply, I'm only 5'5 so need a small frame. I'm on the look out if anyone out there has one for sale?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Maybe an aero roadie with clip on's? I suppose it depends on what races you want to focus on. If you were going long and had real time ambitions then id go TT but if you are happy to race cat 1 draft legal races and do other races knowing you could be a fraction faster than stick with roadie. Ive both a road and TT bike, both of whom are well past their best and both dont fit but id be going for a roadie before a TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭rooneyjm

The Duathlon National Champs are draft legal this year so it looks like things are heading that way

Advertisement