Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 fuse query

• 11-02-2016 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

My aritech CS350 keeps blowing fuse 2 (internal sounder & PIR circuit). I replaced the internal sounder and the problem went away for a while but has come back again. I replaced the fuse (1amp quick blow) a couple of times but it blows again as soon as i power back on. I tried a 2amp slow blow fuse and its holding ok. Is it safe to leave this fuse in place?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Not if it kept blowing the 1 amp ones. I would rather try find the problem.
    Try disconnecting the powered devices from aux input & try the internal on its own. Also meter out the pair the power is wired on to the PiR.
    Try on a different pair if that's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 L0rdLucan

Thanks KoolKid. would it be ok to leave it for a couple of days until i have time to troubleshoot properly?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ofcourse. Come back to us when you have more info or questions.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭altor

L0rdLucan wrote: »
    My aritech CS350 keeps blowing fuse 2 (internal sounder & PIR circuit). I replaced the internal sounder and the problem went away for a while but has come back again. I replaced the fuse (1amp quick blow) a couple of times but it blows again as soon as i power back on. I tried a 2amp slow blow fuse and its holding ok. Is it safe to leave this fuse in place?

Replaced a faulty PIR on one of these systems doing the same last week.
    Id disconnect the wired devices and add them back one by one to see which one is causing the issue.

Advertisement