Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB Re-Energisation after two years?

Options
  • 11-02-2016 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Could somebody please advise me on the Esb and if there worth challenging regarding a Re-Energisation charge.

Bought old re- possessed Cottage .
    When i got Keys there was power in the premises.
    I called Esb, recieved old MPRN No, and they said it was disconnected in 2012 and the MPRN was terminated.
    They sent out a technician whom my neighbour met and let in, the technician took out fuse and re sealed with no fuse, and said he had disconnected it in 2012.
    The technician called his boss as he was confused. The technician thought someone had broken in and put esb fuse back in at some stage.
    He then stated it after talking with his boss it would be 79.00 euro to re-energise and the meter was perfect it just needed a fuse upgrade.
    My neighbour asked the technician would it cost a fortune and he was adamant it would not be 2000 euro it would only be 79.

In the meantime i had sent in a request to replace a pole as it was covered in ivy and also applied for the RE-Connection.

Lone Behold i get a bill for 1970.00 euro in the post yesterday for a complete new connection.
    I contacted them and they said the lines are too far from the transformer 400m and i would not run a kettle with the supply there. its only 3 kva and it has to be 12 kva.
    Its wierd theres a 7.5kw electric shower in the cottage.

Is this worth getting a solicitor on the scene as i feel im been put in a position where im having to pay for there upgrading of poles lines etc.

Any advice would be helpful

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

If there was a legal power supply then somebody was paying the bill and there should be no fees at all, installing a fuse should be free.

Sounds like something hookey going on with somebody bypassing the meter, in which case esb not at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

If there was a legal power supply then somebody was paying the bill and there should be no fees at all, installing a fuse should be free.

Sounds like something hookey going on with somebody bypassing the meter, in which case esb not at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

The €1970 charge is because you asked for the pole to be moved / replaced. This constitutes a new connection fee I'm afraid and because it's a new pole its treated as a new connection which means the network to your home must be upgraded to new build standards.

Advertisement