If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia Android bugs

Options
  • 11-02-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hi RS people,

2 weeks ago I was advised to buy a Sony Bravia KD55X85... serie because I am looking for the best picture and other features are less important.
    After looking at the community forum, here I am reluctant and want some detailed information about guarantee.

- In the case of a bug, do you consider refound/exchange if this bug is not fixed, after how long?
    - If a bug is not known, will you consider it is a bug from my words as it could happen only once every few hours?
    - Could you point the corresponding sentences in your guarantee contract corresponding to your above answer?

In case I am not happy to buy a Sony:
    - Has Sony really the best picture?
    - In the same range of price what could be another possibility?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Trompette wrote: »
    Hi RS people,

2 weeks ago I was advised to buy a Sony Bravia KD55X85... serie  because I am looking for the best picture and other features are less important.
    After looking at the community forum, here I am reluctant and want some detailed information about guarantee.

- In the case of a bug, do you consider refound/exchange if this bug is not fixed, after how long?
    - If a bug is not known, will you consider it is a bug from my words as it could happen only once every few hours?
    - Could you point the corresponding sentences in your guarantee contract corresponding to your above answer?

Thanks
    HI Trompette, many thanks for your post.

Very nice choice of TV, the 55x85 series would certainly be one of the best out there at the minute.

As most modern TVs have so much software for the huge amount of features on them, as with most things software based, there are usually some bugs which surface after launch. With this series as per your link,there were some issues, which so far seem to have been fixed. These are usually cured by a firmware update supplied by the manufacturer

Our 6 year guarantee covers exactly as per the manufacturers standard warranty. If there is a fault with the TV, any tv over 40" can be either repaired on site, or collected by our approved repairers.
    If a fault does appear, our approved repairers will repair any known fault, and in the case of a bug not previously known, will contact sony for any firmware updates

If there is a fault which cannot be repaired, you would be offered a like-for-like replacement

Our terms and conditions for the warranty can be found here - http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

Any other queries, please drop me a post

cheers
    Brian

Hi RS people,

2 weeks ago I was advised to buy a Sony Bravia KD55X85... serie  because I am looking for the best picture and other features are less important.

Thanks
    HI Trompette, many thanks for your post.

Very nice choice of TV, the 55x85 series would certainly be one of the best out there at the minute.

As most modern TVs have so much software for the huge amount of features on them, as with most things software based, there are usually some bugs which surface after launch. With this series as per your link,there were some issues, which so far seem to have been fixed. These are usually cured by a firmware update supplied by the manufacturer

Our 6 year guarantee covers exactly as per the manufacturers standard warranty. If there is a fault with the TV, any tv over 40" can be either repaired on site, or collected by our approved repairers.
    If a fault does appear, our approved repairers will repair any known fault, and in the case of a bug not previously known, will contact sony for any firmware updates

If there is a fault which cannot be repaired, you would be offered a like-for-like replacement

Our terms and conditions for the warranty can be found here - http://www.richersounds.com/information/warranties

Any other queries, please drop me a post

cheers
    Brian
    As a further to the above, as it is an Android based device, android is an open source platform, with the opportunity to download additional apps, and as such there is the potential for 3rd party apps to clash with or cause issues on the software

These issues would not be covered under warranty, as they are completely beyond the control of the manufacturer.

If you have concerns regarding android platform and the downloading of additional 3rd party apps, you might be better to consider another manufacturer which are a more closed platform

regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Trompette

Thank you Brian for your answer.

You are very complaisant for these companies, selling software, in this case included in an hardware, without enough tests and debug.
    Have you notice the above Sony web site is Ireland site? and there are a lot of user involved.
    Please take few minutes and have a look on the last week, 10 pages with a lot of different users.
    One says, no TV for 3 days now and no answer from Sony, other says TV switch on by itself at night...

What would you think if the firmware in your ABS breaks car is not tested?
    What would you think if the firmware in a defibrillator is buggy?

I had again a look on the Sony web site, new users today...
    So I will choose another brand.

Let me know what is the second best picture after Sony in the same range of price?
    Any deal to come, I am not in the rush?

Many thanks

Thank you Brian for your answer.

You are very complaisant for these companies, selling software, in this case included in an hardware, without enough tests and debug.
    Have you notice the above Sony web site is Ireland site? and there are a lot of user involved.
    Please take few minutes and have a look on the last week, 10 pages with a lot of different users.
    One says, no TV for 3 days now and no answer from Sony, other says TV switch on by itself at night...

What would you think if the firmware in your ABS breaks car is not tested?
    What would you think if the firmware in a defibrillator is buggy?

I had again a look on the Sony web site, new users today...
    So I will choose another brand.

Let me know what is the second best picture after Sony in the same range of price?
    Any deal to come, I am not in the rush?

Many thanks
    THanks for the reply,

In and around the Sony, one set which would be comparable to it would be the Panasonic TX55CR730 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201342-viera-tx55cr730b.aspx - at €1379, this is also a 4k 55" set, and is not Android, and uses Firefox OS, but it is a curved model

In the flat screens, the closest we would have would be the LG55UF860 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201412-55uf860v.aspx at €1579 - these are a stunning 55" 4k set, and have a refresh rate of 1700PMI which is much higher even than the Sony

Have a look at these and let me know your thoughts

Brian

Thank for the quote,

Technical question on LG 55UF860V:
    On the LG web site
    they say
    Micro Pixel Control (Local Dimming) Yes
    In your spec you say NO.
    Where is the error?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thank for the quote,

Technical question on LG 55UF860V:
    On the LG web site
    they say
    Micro Pixel Control (Local Dimming) Yes
    In your spec you say NO.
    Where is the error?
    Hi Trompette.

Hmmm. Seems like our spec on that may be in error. I'll need to let our IT guys know to change it.

LG's own website and other retails have this:
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ULTRA Luminance[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Expanding you contrast range is 4K Luminance. It means that you’ll be able to enjoy brighter whites and darker blacks thanks to local dimming technology. This TV tech lifts the brightest scenes to brilliant new levels, and makes the darkest of shadows come to life.[/font]

Kenny,

I tried to PM you but not working, so I sent you an email

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Kenny,

I tried to PM you but not working, so I sent you an email
    Hey Trompette.

Dropped you back a little email :)

Could you tell me what is the reference of the remote control with the LG 5UF860V?
    They say:
    "*Magic Remote included on selected models." 
    and if you could find a link to the manual of this remote.

Thanks

Could you tell me what is the reference of the remote control with the LG 5UF860V?
    They say:
    "*Magic Remote included on selected models." 
    and if you could find a link to the manual of this remote.

Thanks
    Have the order all processed for you Trompette as discussed

As far as I can see the remote that comes with the TV is the ANMR600 Magic remote
    http://www.lg.com/us/tv-audio-video-accessories/lg-AN-MR600-magic-remote

Cheers
    Brian

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.