Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract change

Options
  • 11-02-2016 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Hey,so I've a question if it can be answered with some certainty I'd appreciate it. So basically,the company where I work issued new contracts this week to other employees with some changes to the contracts they received back in October/November. I work in a somewhat different role so I don't think I'll be getting this new contract. However,I'm just wondering can the company actually do this legally to my fellow employees(The pay etc has all stayed the same,the only difference is that the new contract states the employees now have to be available to work evening and nightshift)

I thought that the contract of employment was final with regards to the conditions agreed upon between Employer/Employee,but if changes can be made so easily then what's to stop them continually changing the contract in their favour,say,every month.. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭mulbot

So I just got the legal answer to the question-Thanks,can this thread be deleted?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement