Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

landlord selling

Options
  • 11-02-2016 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi living in Wexford town. Landlord had out he house up for sale we were not aware until we saw it online. There are open viewings this weekend which we were not made aware of. Also 4 weeks ago he sent a guy in to 'measure the windows' as he was replacing them. This guy took photos of the sitting room kitchen and bedrooms with all our belongs in the photos which I certainly not happy about. What are my rights here. I've been living here for 3.5years. Landlord snt giving much information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi living in Wexford town. Landlord had out he house up for sale we were not aware until we saw it online. There are open viewings this weekend which we were not made aware of. Also 4 weeks ago he sent a guy in to 'measure the windows' as he was replacing them. This guy took photos of the sitting room kitchen and bedrooms with all our belongs in the photos which I certainly not happy about. What are my rights here. I've been living here for 3.5years. Landlord snt giving much information

Do you have a lease?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

All info available on citizens info site.

You are part 4 so time you have ben there gives you so many days/months to vacate when informed correctly.

You are required to let viewings once there arranged before hand and at suitable times for you.

I would suggest if worried contact ll and find out or leave it till he has contacted you by email/letter.

I also would suggest start looking for a new place unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

This guy took photos of the sitting room kitchen and bedrooms with all our belongs in the photos which I certainly not happy about.
    Ask him for the photos to be retaken, with your belongings not in the pictures. If he refuses, say that you may not be always available for viewings....

Advertisement