Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill pay versus pre pay pricing

Options
  • 11-02-2016 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've had a look at the charter and don't believe this is in conflict with anything. I run a small tech site and have just created a tool for working out whether bill pay or pre pay is better value. It's not perfect, but if you could have a look, comment, share and give some feedback, I'd appreciate it!

http://goos3d.ie/bill-pay-offers-best-value/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

El Inho wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've had a look at the charter and don't believe this is in conflict with anything. I run a small tech site and have just created a tool for working out whether bill pay or pre pay is better value. It's not perfect, but if you could have a look, comment, share and give some feedback, I'd appreciate it!

http://goos3d.ie/bill-pay-offers-best-value/

The concept of comparing Pre-pay with Post-pay is sound. However, you seem to be missing some of the best plans available. eg Meteor "Super 4G" - €24pm Unlimited Voice & Data & 10GB data (5GB after 6 months).

The problem with most comparison sites is that they focus mainly on the basic tariff. In practice there are many other factors which should be assessed in choosing a plan.
    • Does the plan support tethering at no extra cost?
    • Does the operator offer free texts via a mobile app - if so you may be able to choose a plan without normal texts.
    • What are the roaming charges like - particularly data?
    • What is the operator's coverage like?
    • Is 4G widely available?
    • Is HD Voice available?
    • Is it necessary to manually select national roaming while at home?
    • Is there a bundle option available which offers a discount if you combine Broadband, Phone, TV & Mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

bugfreebob wrote: »
    The concept of comparing Pre-pay with Post-pay is sound. However, you seem to be missing some of the best plans available. eg Meteor "Super 4G" - €24pm Unlimited Voice & Data & 10GB data (5GB after 6 months).

The problem with most comparison sites is that they focus mainly on the basic tariff. In practice there are many other factors which should be assessed in choosing a plan.
    • Does the plan support tethering at no extra cost?
    • Does the operator offer free texts via a mobile app - if so you may be able to choose a plan without normal texts.
    • What are the roaming charges like - particularly data?
    • What is the operator's coverage like?
    • Is 4G widely available?
    • Is HD Voice available?
    • Is it necessary to manually select national roaming while at home?
    • Is there a bundle option available which offers a discount if you combine Broadband, Phone, TV & Mobile?

Top feedback!

This is BETA for want of a better phrase to oust the illusion of "free" bill pay initially, but I will definitely take this on board in improvements.

Advertisement