Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Visiting Belfast in a Leaf

• 12-02-2016 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

I'm driving my new Leaf from Wicklow to Belfast tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone had tips on any charge-enabled car parks etc that would make sightseeing convenient. Otherwise it will be short trips to IKEA or some other nearby rapids.

Any other tips also welcome. Very excited. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

Best spot is the titanic center car park.
    Well looked after and never ICEd but only 16A chargepoints.

Other then that you can hit for the DRD carparks of which there are a few in the city center. 22kW chargepoints but sometimes ICEd.

There are also streetside chargepoints with marked bays in the city center but they are limited to 2 hours..... on the plus side you don't have to pay.

Great, the first long trip. Exitings.

IKEA is part of the Ecotricity network so make sure you have their card handy. It's a very busy charger. More centrally we have charged at the Central Station railway station car park which is quite close to the centre. The nice parking attendant informed us when going to pay that parking is f.o.c. for EVs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

It's a very easy trip. One tip, the Fast Charge on Bouchers Rd is at the Dublin end in the new retail park. The reason I say this is because the satnav was way out on its directions. It may have updated but just a heads up..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafal

Thanks for the tips. Is Belfast street parking free, up to 2 hours, in all EV bays or just some areas—is it marked as free?

I had no idea about IKEA being on Ecotricity. Since I am still waiting for my CYC card, I wonder if I can activate it using the CYC phone app. So far I only have the ESB card.

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭cros13

CYC won't work on an ecotricity charger I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Rafal wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips. Is Belfast street parking free, up to 2 hours, in all EV bays or just some areas—is it marked as free?

I had no idea about IKEA being on Ecotricity. Since I am still waiting for my CYC card, I wonder if I can activate it using the CYC phone app. So far I only have the ESB card.

Thank you!

If your needing an ecotricity card let me know or cyc

Scottie99 wrote: »
    If your needing an ecotricity card let me know or cyc

That is really nice of you, thanks! :) Let me know if I can reciprocate if you visit Wicklow.

I think I will be ok, as I plan to use the rapid at Shane or Shore Rd, and with luck, the slower one close to Botanical Gardens (if you see a 161WW bronze Leaf, we will back in an hour or two). Out of interest, if you get 2 hrs free, what do you have to do to park for a 3rd or 4th hour?

Had a wonderful day in Belfast today. I can report that the charge point near Botanical Gardens on Crescent Rd allows you a free stay of 4 hours. We arrived with 10% and in 2 hrs 40 mins we got to 80%, nice. Later, run into another forum user! Small world. :)

Advertisement