Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digger on Twitter

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

terrydel wrote: »
    Because whenever any other sport receives negative criticism, justified or otherwise, its defenders tend to reach for the 'what about soccer' defence.
    I don't think I did, I don't really give a crap. It is just weird that people seem to think that cycling is the worst for this behaviour, rather than seeing the more blindingly obvious solution, cycling does more than most to route it out at a fan base level. If I wanted a whatabout discussion, amateur rugby in the Uk would be the target. Look at the level of positives there, and it is supposedly random (although the positives would indicate targeted if levels were not that bad). Any attempt to push it in the media and look what happens. Google rugby French doping. Christ, Cian Healy admitted on twitter to taking pain killers to help training, but apparently that is not doping and no one called him on it. Former french rugby international vioices concern over anti doping and is lampooned by his country men and fellow rugby fans. Even the WRC are cited as referrign to Frances criminilisation of doping as a reason not to hold the world cup there.

Long story short, cycling has high levels of doping at elite level, it's just weird that because of the level of testing it is more prominent but you mention that it is now different than any other elite sport in recent history and your called for whataboutery.

I love Rugby, but if my son showed a talent for it, I certainly would not encourage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

If cycling was low skill then the strongest rider would win every time, which doesn't happen. There is much more to it than that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

the unfortunate thing about these "tin foil hat wearers" is a lot of the stuff they say turns out to be true. And i know some will say if you have a scatter gun approach you will hit a few targets but in the main him and others have been banging on about Sky for example for years and now we know that sky are squeaky clean.

But come on we have been following cycling for years as he has. you dont have to be a genius to work things out. Take Quick Step for example. not members of MPCC. why? they have won everything worth winning this spring. Terprstra has 8 days break from competition before flanders. Luckily that was just the right rest period for him and he lashed the Ronde.

Advertisement