Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No response from references

Options
  • 12-02-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently got a job but I'm am currently going through the vetting process. Today I got a second call from their hr dept telling me they cannot get in contact with one of my references. This reference has agreed to give me one and I have been contacting them about once or twice a week asking them to send in the reference (of course in a nice professional way) and I've been fobbed off ir calls were screened. I did not leave the previous employer on bad terms but I don't know what to do, this reference could cost me my new job. Does anyone know what to do in this case? I have offered other references from different places but the new job are adamant that I need this particular reference.
    I am currently working and this place has given me a reference no problem!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,969 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Contact your referee via LinkedIn and ask them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ask them to arrange a phone call at a pre set them.

Advertisement