Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Under 6 GP Care

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

yellow hen wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I should be clear my GP has said it has changed over but I still assumed we'd get a new card.

When I added my son to our medical cards I had to ring for the card after two months. Then again when we changed doctors I had to ring for the cards. Give them a ring this morning and ask for the cards to be sent out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭baldbear

Sorry for hijacking but I've a quick question.

We had to bring our little lad to the gp but didn't have our gp card, we thought stupidly his pps no would do.

We paid the €50 & were told we could claim it back when we received our card. Probably to get rid of us from reception.

Has anyone experienced this scenario?

I Emailed tge hse who said we couldn't claim back but after been told we could at the reception I'm slightly confused.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

They might mean you could claim it back as a medical expense in 2017? As in, you can claim a percentage of all your medical expenses back through the tax system?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

They might mean they will refund you the money themselves when you bring in the card to them? We do that in work if a person with medical card brings us in prescription not on a medical card prescription form - charge them and then refund when they bring the right paperwork in

Advertisement