Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom customer for 15 years. Final nail in the coffin was this (unfortunately) expec

Options
  • 12-02-2016 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

I have broadband with you and rang up last week to get TV services added.
    I was told someone would be out yesterday.

I rang yesterday morning to find out what time.
    I was told "anytime before 530" and that I'd just have to wait.

So at 5 I rang again and I was told nobody would be coming.
    I shouldn't have been told that they'd be out yesterday that there was no free slot then
    Instead Ive to wait 11 more days.

I took a day of work yesterday.

Unfortunately I'm used to this level of customer service from you.

Please let me knowhow I can cancel. I'll be moving to someone who appreciates my custom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

You do NOT want their TV service, trust me its terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

esforum wrote: »
    Any recommendations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

mathie wrote: »

I shouldn't have been told that they'd be out yesterday that there was no free slot then

Please let me knowhow I can cancel. I'll be moving to someone who appreciates my custom.
    Hi mathie

I'm really sorry to hear of this and I certainly understand your feelings. If you wish to cancel please call cancellations on free phone 1800303600 (opt.1) However if you would like to PM me your eir account number I'll look in to this further for you and see if there's another appointment that can be made.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

esforum wrote: »
    Any recommendations?
    in all honesty that depends on what you want to watch. You can get a multi box that gives both freesat from the uk and saorview. Thats what we have now and its grand, we miss a few channels now and again but its rare enough and usually only for one or two shows we follow like walking dead on Fox as an example.

I wasnt a fan of UPC when I had them, service was fine and support but the setup just didnt suit us. The only TV service I was genuinely happy with was sky. Channels, setup, guide, reliability and service were all superior to Eir. I wish to god I had never been seduced by the cheap intro price Eir gave me. they never actually applied it so overall at this stage an inferior service has cost me more financially and I think I may genuinely go insane dealing with them.

As I stopped using paid TV when Eir cut me off in April (after being asked multiple times to correct the overcharge before being paid) we went free so I havent a clue what prices are like now.

eir: Alan wrote: »

Hi mathie

I'm really sorry to hear of this and I certainly understand your feelings. If you wish to cancel please call cancellations on free phone 1800303600 (opt.1) However if you would like to PM me your eir account number I'll look in to this further for you and see if there's another appointment that can be made.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan

Can you please answer my PM?

Thanks
    M

• Advertisement

Hello?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hello?