Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody else have any issues with pre auth coming out of account??

• 12-02-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

I booked a hotel room in Ireland off a an Irish travel website. Don't know what they did but I got charged 3 times instead of one. So I rang up the company and they say that the other times were pre-auths but they were refunded. I rang the bank and they say if they are pre auths they could take 5 working days to come off my account. Has anybody had similar experience with this.
    My bank are saying wait till the 5 days are up and if they are still there I can go about a applying for a dispute form.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Correct info from the bank (though why the hotel put 2 pre-auths as well as the 'real' transaction is beyond me). The hotel can speed it up by instructing their merchant bank to release the pre-auths, however you'll probably need to speak to a hotel manager to get that done, if they're even willing to.

Advertisement