Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PEAR TREE FERTILIZER

Options
  • 12-02-2016 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

HI,
    Ive got 2 pair trees ,one a mature 10 year plus old,and the other a 4 year old tree.im just looking to find out what is the best fertilizer for pear trees,NPK value,ive read on the internet that 10-10-10 is great for pear trees but havent seen this around any the co op stores,would growmore be the best?whats the best time to apply fertiliser etc to the pear trees.At the moment the crop is ok on the more mature one but i had to cut it back this year a little ,i have it trained against a wall fan style.any ideas on best types and when to apply be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

bazbrady wrote: »
    HI,
    Ive got 2 pair trees ,one a mature 10 year plus old,and the other a 4 year old tree.im just looking to find out what is the best fertilizer for pear trees,NPK value,ive read on the internet that 10-10-10 is great for pear trees but havent seen this around any the co op stores,would growmore be the best?whats the best time to apply fertiliser etc to the pear trees.At the moment the crop is ok on the more mature one but i had to cut it back this year a little ,i have it trained against a wall fan style.any ideas on best types and when to apply be great.

Gromore is fine and you can apply it sparingly now. I would also add some potash on its own.

If you can find Vitax Q4 somewhere its a great general fert for most plants. BTW,anything planted next to a wall tends to lose nutrients quickly due to drainage issues.

Make sure there's no grass or other plants near the base too.

Advertisement