Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tackling obesity

Options
  • 12-02-2016 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure how many of you pop over to AR for a look but I came across this thread started by zico. Fair play to him and others for implementing in their classes. Kudos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Bravo Zico. Some great work. I remember you posting about the Scottish school on FB some time back. Thought it was a great idea and brilliant to see you and other teachers bring it in over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Yeah fair play Zico. Its a great idea and i really hope it spreads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

After running a mile a day with a new class since September, I got the Blanch Gazette to do a feature on it. I'm trying to generate as much publicity as possible for this. If people wouldn't sharing the article on social media and whatnot, it would be great.

https://dublingazette.com/news/daily-mile-run-boosts-health-academic-performance/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Nice one zico, great to see it getting the publicity it deserves.

How has their academic performance improved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    How has their academic performance improved?

I didn't write the headline and even though it's in quotation marks, I'm pretty sure I didn't say it. That question was put to me and what I did say was more along the lines of; without a test group, it would be difficult to say, but my class are doing well academically. Of course any improved academic performance could also be down to their excellent teacher, so that's introducing even more variables to such an experiment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭El Director

That is fvcking class. Well done Zico, fair play to you. I'll share that article today. I teach next door to you in Coolmine Community School actually and train soccer and/or basketball so I'll be on the look out for the fit St. Mochta kids :) We run a fit club in our school, aimed at the non sporty type of student though all are welcome but I feel a daily exercise routine is hugely important especially at that age.

Advertisement