Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anon posts

Options
  • 12-02-2016 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've asked a mod about this who said it isn't anything they can do.

When a poster writes an anonymous post the timestamp is when they submitted it for mod approval.
    I know the mods work really hard to approve posts as soon as possible but there is times when it can be a few hours later, in which time multiple posts could have gone up. So the anon post ends up further back in the thread and isn't seen unless the thread is read from start to finish every time.

I was hoping it could be changed that the posts timestamp is at the time it's approved and posted to the thread- therefore it shows up as the most recent post.

Any chance?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think by default that could be confusing as the context may have changed in that timeframe. What could be an idea would be if you could opt in to a delayed approval timestamp which would do what you suggest.

However, I imagine the development time needed in order to do that process, while keeping other facets of boards appropriately managed, would outweigh the benefits. For example, our mod logs would need to show when posted, not approved, and maybe on threads there would need to be two timestamps: posted/approved and I imagine that's just the tip of the iceberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

That sounds very complicated!! Easier to just read the thread...haha
    Thanks for the reply :)

Advertisement