Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clumping Bargains Together into Big Threads?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Where "Bargain Alert" superthreads *do* work are in forums like Xbox for the "Deals With Gold" superthread (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056144176&page=186) where the parent forum isn't particularly about bargain alerts.

Superthreads in Bargain Alerts is essentially bargain alerts for bargain alerts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

mrcheez wrote: »
    Superthreads in Bargain Alerts is essentially bargain alerts for bargain alerts?

So true! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Nollog

Doge wrote: »
    I think the smaller bargains should be posted in the Amazon thread, such as things like groceries.

But for the big bargains they should have their own separate thread.

Look at the Air Fryer thread, do you guys really want to have all that discussion spamming the Amazon thread?
    One thing I absolutely hate is when the mods seperate chat from the actual bargins.
    As above, I like to get people's opinions on the product, and that's just a pain to do when they're separate threads.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

WTF? Everyone wants seperate threads yet no one is listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have seen plenty I have missed in "superthreads" that I would have otherwise noticed.

If there was some way to even see the top 10 most thanked posts in BA that day or week it would be good (maybe there is).

People moan about cross or double posting, but if some post with a good bargain gets a rake of thanks it could be alerted to a mod to create a specific thread, even if it was a locked thread pointing to the post in the superthread, In fact it may be better to be locked so all discussion is in the original, though there might be some clutter to wade through.

It is similar to groupon, pigs back etc. I still get all the emails but rarely read them properly but I know I missed out on some I should have got. Its just endless ads for beauty treatments etc. I think some site does filter them for you and gather them from many of the groupon type sites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,891 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

It's pretty simple. Bargain Alerts should match HotUKDeals in format (i.e. all deals visible on the landing page)

The "minor" deals like groceries will get less comments and so will naturally fade as they are relegated to sub-pages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

I've just put up a poll in a new thread. Perhaps if the voting is against superthreads then we could revert back to single therads.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Superthreads suck ass.

Fcuk superthreads in the face!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

JustMac wrote: »
    I've just put up a poll in a new thread. Perhaps if the voting is against superthreads then we could revert back to single therads.

and the link http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057565487

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement