Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacting Branch Directly

Options
  • 12-02-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

Could you please advise as to how I may contact Douglas branch directly?  I was given an email address for a David McCarthy which was incorrect & I need to request a refund of a charge to my account.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Smiley11 wrote: »
    Could you please advise as to how I may contact Douglas branch directly?  I was given an email address for a David McCarthy which was incorrect & I need to request a refund of a charge to my account.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Smiley,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can send your query via the online service desk using the Ask a Question option. 

Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365. Representatives are available Monday-Friday from 8am-Midnight and 9am-6pm on weekends and bank holidays.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

Thanks for your reply Tara but unfortunately it doesn't answer my question.  I rang already & was told contact my branch directly in order to have the money refunded to my account.  So again, how do I contact Douglas branch directly?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Smiley,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

You can send your query via the online service desk using the Ask a Question option. 

Alternatively you can call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365. Representatives are available Monday-Friday from 8am-Midnight and 9am-6pm on weekends and bank holidays.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Thanks for your reply Tara but unfortunately it doesn't answer my question.  I rang already & was told contact my branch directly in order to have the money refunded to my account.  So again, how do I contact Douglas branch directly?
    Hi Smiley11,

Thanks for your reply. 

Our calls are answered centrally, however, if you need to speak with your branch directly a representative will be happy to forward your call or request a call back for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to send us a private message with your full name and contact number, we'd be happy to forward your details to Douglas branch to arrange a call back. 

To send us a private message, please click on the link in my signature below.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Smiley11

Hi Smiley11,

Thanks for your reply. 

Our calls are answered centrally, however, if you need to speak with your branch directly a representative will be happy to forward your call or request a call back for you.

Alternatively, if you would like to send us a private message with your full name and contact number, we'd be happy to forward your details to Douglas branch to arrange a call back. 

Thanks,

Sharon
    I appreciate your reply Sharon but BoI has become an anti-customer institute.  Have things really gotten that bad that a person can't ring their branch directly any more?  I'll go in there altogether even though its a massive inconvenience but thats what banking with BoI is these days.

I'm very glad to be closing my mortgage, current & credit card accounts in the next couple of months & hopefully moving to a bank that want my business.

Nothing personal as I know you didn't implement these ridiculous policies but if you have some means of passing on my disdain for current procedures you might do so.  Not that they give a damn I know.

Thanks anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Smiley11,

Thanks for your reply. 

Thanks,

Sharon
    I appreciate your reply Sharon but BoI has become an anti-customer institute.  Have things really gotten that bad that a person can't ring their branch directly any more?  I'll go in there altogether even though its a massive inconvenience but thats what banking with BoI is these days.

I'm very glad to be closing my mortgage, current & credit card accounts in the next couple of months & hopefully moving to a bank that want my business.

Nothing personal as I know you didn't implement these ridiculous policies but if you have some means of passing on my disdain for current procedures you might do so.  Not that they give a damn I know.

Thanks anyway.
    Hi Smiley11,

Thanks for your reply.

We're very sorry to hear you feel this way and that you wish to close your accounts with us, we hope you reconsider. 

All feedback we receive here on Boards is forwarded and we will ensure to pass on your comments. If you would like us to arrange a call back to you from your branch to discuss the charge, please let us know in a Private Message.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement