Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hassing Cold Calls Feom Eir

Options
  • 12-02-2016 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I am a Meteor customer and am getting calls from 7652760 today and yesterday during working hours. The phone rings twice and then hangs up. If I call the number it is an Eir answering machine.

I am down as ex directory and not acceoting direct marketing. Furthermore, from a Meteor perspective I am opted out of all Marketing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

nicnac wrote: »
    I am a Meteor customer and am getting calls from  7652760 today and yesterday during working hours. The phone rings twice and then hangs up. If I call the number it is an Eir answering machine.

I am down as ex directory and not acceoting direct marketing. Furthermore, from a Meteor perspective I am opted out of all Marketing.
    Hi nicnac

The calls are intended to serve as a customer care call and usually intent on discussing an improved plan, possible upgrade etc. If you wish to stop receiving these calls please PM me your mobile and PIN and this will be taken of the dallier within 30 days.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭nicnac

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi nicnac

The calls are intended to serve as a customer care call and usually intent on discussing an improved plan, possible upgrade etc. If you wish to stop receiving these calls please PM me your mobile and PIN and this will be taken of the dallier within 30 days.

Thanks
    Al
    Alan,

30 days to opt out?? Calling me 4 times a day during working hours?

Tell you what. I'll forward your reply onto Comreg, because I have specifically opted out of marketing calls on my Meteor account. I am a Meteor customer and I reserve the right to opt out, which I have. Eir cannot just take Meteor customer data, ignore opt outs and cold call as they please.

I the meantime Customer Care are blocking that number.
    Nicnac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi nicnac

Thanks
    Al
    Alan,

Tell you what. I'll forward your reply onto Comreg, because I have specifically opted out of marketing calls on my Meteor account. I am a Meteor customer and I reserve the right to opt out, which I have. Eir cannot just take Meteor customer data, ignore opt outs and cold call as they please.

Nicnac
    Hi nicnac

You are welcome to submit any information to comreg. While I do apologies for the inconvenience this causes I can assure you that they are calls from meteor (which is owned by eir).

Thanks
    Al

Hi nicnac

Thanks
    Al
    Alan,

Nicnac
    Hi nicnac

You are welcome to submit any information to comreg. While I do apologies for the inconvenience this causes I can assure you that they are calls from meteor (which is owned by eir).

Thanks
    Al
    I have had my phone with Meteor for 9 years and have ALWAYS been ex directory and opted out of marketing messages. 
    I am in the process of drafting an official complaint to comreg and the Data Protection Commissioner.
    I am still getting daily calls from this number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi nicnac

Thanks
    Al
    Alan,

Nicnac
    Hi nicnac

Thanks
    Al
    I have had my phone with Meteor for 9 years and have ALWAYS been ex directory and opted out of marketing messages. 
    I am in the process of drafting an official complaint to comreg and the Data Protection Commissioner.
    I am still getting daily calls from this number.

I understand your frustration with this.

Feel free to PM me your mobile and pin and I can confirm if you are opted out of all marketing calls and tx messages.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

I have just made a formal complaint to Comreg and the Data Protection Commissioner. My mobile account is ex directory AND flagged that I do not want to receive marketing calls. I have already been through this many times over the last few years and I am just fed up with it at this point.
    It seems that lots of other customers are too. 

"The calls are intended to serve as a customer care call and usually intent on discussing an improved plan, possible upgrade etc"

That is a cold call! It is a marketing call. If someone has opted out of all marketing then you have no right whatsoever to bombard them with dialler calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

I have just made a formal complaint to Comreg and the Data Protection Commissioner. My mobile account is ex directory AND flagged that I do not want to receive marketing calls. I have already been through this many times over the last few years and I am just fed up with it at this point.
    It seems that lots of other customers are too. 

"The calls are intended to serve as a customer care call and usually intent on discussing an improved plan, possible upgrade etc"

That is a cold call! It is a marketing call. If someone has opted out of all marketing then you have no right whatsoever to bombard them with dialler calls.

Ok that's no problem at all nicnac. If you have any further issues please don't hesittae in coming back to me.

Apologies for all inconvenience caused to you. I understand this is frustrating.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement