Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty line

Options
  • 12-02-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

We notice a fault in our line on Sunday we couldn't make calls but could receive them.  On Monday we couldn't do either but still had broadband so I contacted yourselves Monday night and spent 20 mins waiting until someone answered the phone.  I logged the fault and was told an engineer would come out to us.  On Wednesday morning an engineer came out check the line and told us that our line was fine and the fault seemed to be coming from outside so he went to the exchange at the top of the estate He took my husband mobile number to ring at lunch time to see if the issue was resolved but never called.  Roll on 1pm and when my husband came home for lunch we had no phone or broadband all services are gone.  Engineer called my husband at 3pm told him that he couldn't fix the fault and we would have to ring to get another engineer out.  I called eir that night to tell you that both phone and broadband were now gone and was told another engineer would be out today at some stage.  I missed a call at 9.30 from the engineer and tried to call back but didn't get an answer.  My husband rang at lunchtime to let them know services are still down and was told it would be Tuesday before we can get another engineer out to look at the problem. Why do we need another engineer out?  The first engineer told us that the fault was outside not with our line.  Also why did we lose broadband there was nothing wrong with it until the engineer worked on the exchange at the top of our estate and why do I keep having to ring to log these faults.  I logged the fault on Monday why do I keep having to re log it when an engineer calls out and can't fix the problem also eir has to realise that both my husband and I work and can't keep taking time off to wait around day.  If the engineer had answered the phone myself or my husband could have been at the house within 5 mins as we both work very close.  On top of everything you can't even guarantee that you will be able to fix the line on Tuesday considering the two engineers have been out and still have figured out what the problem is mean that it will be another day wasted in which either myself or my husband will lose ½ days’ pay.  Why do we have to chase you to fix a problem that we logged on Monday and why can’t eir just send an engineer that knows what he is doing out to fix the problem.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭GSBellew

Bit of background to this, and the reason its so annoying Clicky it took a total of 50 days to get service in the first place, hardly confidence inspiring customer service, especially in light of a price increase at the same time.

I certainly wont be rushing to change the work lines to eir anytime soon going by these two instances of a pure and complete failure to provide service.

Advertisement