Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Browning Pro Trap

Options
  • 12-02-2016 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Lads I'm gone mad into trap shooting and I'm on the market for a decent trap gun. Almost every browning gun I pick up fits me with minimal adjustment. Is there anyone here using the 725 pro trap and would you recommend it. I'm looking at the high rib model which I think looks the business.
    Basically I'm looking for pros and cons from people who have used this gun
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ace86

I fired it at the cla game fair lst yr and it was a really nice gun even the guys giving the demo with it who had nothng to do with browning were very impressed with it. Can i ask wat kind of prices are u being quoted for it i have see a retail of €5100 bcos im hoping to get one myself ltr in the yr if possible.I know the Beretta 692 x trap is nearly €500 cheaper roughly but from wat I have seen read and just from firing a few shots out of it i think it will be the one for me hopefuuly.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭12gaugedave

The high rib model I priced is 4500 in most rfds I rang. The black action standard rib is a good bit cheaper I think. Iv yet to see what I'm looking for in any RFD but there all willing to get them in for me. I'm just waiting on my local lad to get back to me with his price as I'd like to keep my business with him if I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭.243

If your only starting off in trap go for a miroku mk38 trap (basically its a browning made under license in Japan),simple,strong,reliable,
    Last time I looked they were hovering around
    Under the 1500 mark

.243 wrote:
    If your only starting off in trap go for a miroku mk38 trap (basically its a browning made under license in Japan),simple,strong,reliable, Last time I looked they were hovering around Under the 1500 mark

Not so much starting out as Iv been shooting dtl with my sporter for a good while but now I plan on doing more registered shoots and I'm now in a position where I want to upgrade. I shot 100 bird dtl last week with an mk38 and it kicked the face off me as I couldn't get down on the stock low enough and it just didn't feel good. I was goin to try and then buy but not now.

The high rib model I priced is 4500 in most rfds I rang. The black action standard rib is a good bit cheaper I think. Iv yet to see what I'm looking for in any RFD but there all willing to get them in for me. I'm just waiting on my local lad to get back to me with his price as I'd like to keep my business with him if I can.

there is one on display in knockangoshel shooting grounds if ur not too far if u want to come and look at it.

• Advertisement

ace86 wrote:
    there is one on display in knockangoshel shooting grounds if ur not too far if u want to come and look at it.

Thanks, might take a road trip tomorrow.
    Do you know is it a high rib model?

Thanks, might take a road trip tomorrow.
    Do you know is it a high rib model?
    It's the B725 Pro Trap to the best of my knowledge I will pm u with contact info shortly be easier to talk 1st before u make any trip

Advertisement