Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone here use american eagle

Options
  • 12-02-2016 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

obviously its not the same in every rifle but does anyone have any rough idea on what dope is for american eagle fmj 223 at say 100, 200, 300 and 400 meters

just the drop is all need will work out the wind on day

be going through a tikka 1-8 twist

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What ones? 50 or 55gr? They are almost the same. A rough guide in my 1:9 twist is:
    • 100 yards - Zero
    • 200 yards - 1.75 moa
    • 300 yards - 4.75 moa
    All from the 100 yard zero.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mick65cm

The 55 grains and like you zerod at 100.

Now when you say 1.75 and 4.75 moa drops do you know how that transfers into mil... scope has 1/8 clikcs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I got them for 15 Euro a box for the .223 and only used them for target . Mistakenly used for hunting once and never again.

Mil and MOA are different. I've no idea what it'll be on your crosshair if that is in mil, but if your scope is 1/8 click then its an MOA scope in which case there are 8 clicks per MOA. So multiply each number above by 8 and you'll get the amount of clicks.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

If Im you reading that right your saying

1.75 x 8 = 14

So 14 clicks should have me roughly on target at 200

Correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

mick65cm wrote: »
    The 55 grains and like you zerod at 100.

Now when you say 1.75 and 4.75 moa drops do you know how that transfers into mil... scope has 1/8 clikcs

1 mil = 3.38 moa

Sorry about the delay, i'm not getting notifications of new posts so have to remember to check/refresh the thread regularly.
    mick65cm wrote: »
    If Im you reading that right your saying

1.75 x 8 = 14

So 14 clicks should have me roughly on target at 200

Correct?

Exactly. Every 8 clicks is 1 MOA. So 14 clicks is 1.75 MOA.

Just make sure your scope is 1/8 click value. I only say this because its odd that a hunting scope, or even a lot of target scopes, come with 1/8 click value. Normally its 1/4 click value. This would reduce your clicks by half (there, there abouts).

Great.

and its not my own rifle young lad in the club just got himself first rifle and said Id take him out and help him get zerod and show him a few bits

its viper vortex scope hes using and I saw it myself it has 8 clicks was shocked never saw anything like it

thanks for help too

Advertisement