Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compulsory redeployment

• 12-02-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I was informed by my principal that I am being nominated for compulsory redeployment. I have a form to fill in and can choose a 50KM radius from my home or school. That is the only information I have been given.

Is there anyone here who has gone through the process? When do they normally tell you the school you are being sent to? Is it likely to be actually 50KM from home? Will that school give me a new written contract or do I just keep the one I have already (CID)?

Thanks everyone - its a worrying time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Just wondering did you know you were likely to get selected... I though there was quite a detailed process involved and it all came down the the needs of the school and the subjects you teach.
    I am fairly sure you keep whatever you have in your own school..is hours, posts etc.
    Best of luck OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭sitstill

solerina wrote: »
    Just wondering did you know you were likely to get selected... I though there was quite a detailed process involved and it all came down the the needs of the school and the subjects you teach.
    I am fairly sure you keep whatever you have in your own school..is hours, posts etc.
    Best of luck OP

Yeah what happened is, I got my CID last September having been replacing a teacher on career break. She is now coming back to the school so I have to take compulsory redeployment.

Advertisement