Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Display on asus gtx 980ti.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

BIOS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

stupid question but its in PCIE2 from the manual page 6 right?

whats the options from your bios screenshot for link speed for PCIE2?

lmimmfn wrote: »
    stupid question but its in PCIE2 from the manual page 6 right?

whats the options from your bios screenshot for link speed for PCIE2?

I dont understand. Heres the bios graphic pic

sorry its page one here in the physical manual. its in the pceie4 slot

cursai wrote: »
    I dont understand. Heres the bios graphic pic
    Yeah PCIE2 is the red slot, its in there yes? Also your bios pic above has an option for PCIE2 link speed, its on Auto, what are the other options?

• Advertisement

sorry its page one here in the physical manual. its in the pceie4 slot
    Nah it can't be that one as that's the PCIE 3.0 slot

?? its in pcie 4

OK. time for sleep. ill update tomorrow. maybe im confused with the slots. one thing is true though, its in the bottom red slot.

?? its in pcie 4
    lol, sorry for the confusion i looked again at your pic of the card in the mobo( i was using my mobile so couldnt really see the writing ).
    Its in a PCIE3,0 slots but running as PCIE 2.0 x4, man thats strange, have you tried different pcie power cables from the PSU?

lmimmfn wrote: »
    lol, sorry for the confusion i looked again at your pic of the card in the mobo( i was using my mobile so couldnt really see the writing ).
    Its in a PCIE3,0 slots but running as PCIE 2.0 x4, man thats strange, have you tried different pcie power cables from the PSU?

Lost again. LOL

The PSU has been installed the same way as usual. Whatever slot fits!!!!

• Advertisement

Lost again. LOL
    lol, i can only think its one of the following:
    1. card isint seated properly in the slot, take it out and put it back in again, make sure the plastic holder in the pcie slot clicks in
    2. card isint getting enough power( i doubt this is it but still ). Your PSU should have multiple pcie x8 or x6 power connectors, make sure both are tightly plugged into the gpu, or try 2 other ones from the PSU( most decent psu's have a few of those connectors )
    3. Some weird bios issue, reset the CMOS/restore bios settings to default, is there an option in the bios for gen2/gen3 or changing the link speed for pcie?
    4. Could be some power saving feature of the mobo, if you stress the GPU does it still show the same in gpuz?

It was seated properly. Reseated it about twenty times. Putting all sorts of force on the mobo. The plastic holders always clicked.
    It uses 2 X 8 pins sockets. Always inserted fully, the multiple times I reattached it.
    I'mean not going to reset the bios to be honest. A bird in one hand is better than two in a bush.
    I'll try the stress under heaven benchmark whilst watching GPUZ later when I get home. I'll capture it on shadowplay and link it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Do you have a monitor to test on (I've found some TVs funny with PC input) Or another computer to put it in?

I don't unfortunately. Although that was suggested to me before. Am I not better off with it in the pci3 slot anyway. Surely it's an upgrade.

So GPU is in pci express 3.0. dont know if that x4 x8 or x16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Could you download GPU-Z? There will be a question mark beside the PCI-Express 1.1/3 x16 box. Click that and it will run a little animation that will force the GPU to act in it's performance state (turns off power saving mode). Whatever the box reads while that animation is playing is the actual slot you have it in.

ye ive posted the results on the last page i think. here it is again.

im gonna take out the cmos battery and reseat it in the pcie 3.0 x 16 slot again.
    Heres a stress test whilst running gpuz.

There is a setting for gen 2 gen 3 in the bios for pcie

Back in the first slot again. PCIE 3.0x16. See phto attached.

So GPU is in pci express 3.0. dont know if that x4 x8 or x16
    The pic from this post contradicts the manual, and the writing on the mobo, the slot its saying is PCie 3.0 x16 is the PCie 2 slot, and you can clearly see from the pic that the slot below is the PCie slot.

In the bios, set whatever you can to gen3

• Advertisement

I've set it all to gen 3. I'm confused too. Think I might just give it up and stick with the slot it works in. Will reinsert it one more time tomorrow with the gen 3 setting.

I've set it all to gen 3. I'm confused too. Think I might just give it up and stick with the slot it works in. Will reinsert it one more time tomorrow with the gen 3 setting.
    Yeah, try that, clean the other slots with a can of air, clean the gold part of the 980Ti, and put it in the slot of the mobo that says pcie 3.0
    If none of that works I would RMA the card

it wont display in pcie 3.0 x16. in gen 3, gen 2 or gen 1.........

it wont display in pcie 3.0 x16. in gen 3, gen 2 or gen 1.........
    honestly im at a loss especially when your AMD card worked. Can you try that 980Ti in someone elses PC because i can only think theres something wrong with the card( contacts may be dirty )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

You have some patience Cursai! I'd have RMA'd it long before now. It's brand new, it should just slot in and work. If it didn't I'd have it straight back in the box and on its way back to where it came from within a day.

I'm gonna try it in another motherboard today.
    The reason I've not rma'd it yet is because I have until March according to amazon.co.uk. Also because it works in the other pcie slot and I've seen other similar issues on the Internet.

Im going to be returning it just for a possible 6% boost on the x16 pcie if it doesnt work in the other MOBO. Hope my GPU is in yer thoughts.

It's working on another monitor. Haven't moved it to another mobo. It's working thru hdmi. Can I eliminate the gpu as a problem.

It's working on another monitor. Haven't moved it to another mobo. It's working thru hdmi. Can I eliminate the gpu as a problem.
    So its working with another monitor with HDMI and in the PCI3.0 slot and showing in GPUZ as PCIE3 x 16?

Yep. So....its not the gpu

• Advertisement

And now its working with my original monitor on the pcie 3.0 x16 slot. Today when i reset the bios again it also uninstalled the geforce drivers which are now on 2.9.1. Gpuz tells me on pci-e 3.0 x16 @ x16 3.0. im gonna update to the latest geforce driver and hope for the best.

ive just realised that is the latest geforce driver although the geforce experience app wasnt there when i hooked it up to the brothers monitor so i had to reinstall from the disk to get it back.
    im gonna hypothesise that the move to the pc monitor somehow jumpstarted the nvidia driver to kick in and display correctly the pcie 3.0 correctly with the card.

im gonna restart now and see if it sticks.

Advertisement