Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United 13/2/16 k/o 12.45 BT 1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

United are spineless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Ah heyor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Get the **** out of Manchester LVG you're a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Not not at all. I'm simply laughing at your ignorance and self worth that you find you can speak for all football fans on the De Gea v Neuer topic. But hey you keep up the good work

No problem, on such an obvious topic it isn't that difficult really.
    Meanwhile De Gea hasn't had his best day today either.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Christ I hate Big Sam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Best GK in the world...
    Yep.

Yep yep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fcuk had a nice bet on 1-1, only time I'd be dissapointed to see United lose.

Unlucky DDG nearly got it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I love that you think that claiming Neuer is better than De Gea is funny....oh to inhabit the world that you do.

My post was some what tongue in cheek but I did a bit of googling, as per ESPN, in the league thus far this season DDG has made 55 saves in 21 games vs 33 in 20 for Neuer.

The German league is essentially a one horse race with a lot of poor teams and no team with the money or drawing power to challenge Bayern.

I'd liken it to the PL in the 90s, when the "big 4" played the lower level teams its almost a given that the big 4 teams will win.

So, much less to do, behind a much better defence than ours, the gap is very very close, ddg is also 4 or 5 years younger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Should he have kept it out.

Memphis......an absolute waste of cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Deserved.

Why the **** is martial on the right now ?;

Memphis......an absolute waste of cash

Along with Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Will Keane to the rescue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah well, that's that. No chance of Sunderland winning now which is the only result that is good enough today.

Off to do something else with my weekend as opposed to letting these useless **** ruin it again.

I hope you didn't go, Paully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Paully D is currently writing the most negative celebration post right now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Best GK in the world...

looks to have scored the winner too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

"unorthodox" attempt to keep that out ....

• Advertisement

Own goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Why the **** is martial on the right now ?;

The question id ask is why the **** is VanGall still managing the club.

looks to have scored the winner too!

When the ball is kicked off him.....

Terrible corners

My post was some what tongue in cheek but I did a bit of googling, as per ESPN, in the league thus far this season DDG has made 55 saves in 21 games vs 33 in 20 for Neuer.

The German league is essentially a one horse race with a lot of poor teams and no team with the money or drawing power to challenge Bayern.

I'd liken it to the PL in the 90s, when the "big 4" played the lower level teams its almost a given that the big 4 teams will win.

So, much less to do, behind a much better defence than ours, the gap is very very close, ddg is also 4 or 5 years younger.

Yes, Neuer plays for one of the best teams in the world because he is the best keeper in the world, that's kinda how football works, the best players play for the best teams. So why should that stat matter? If Butland or Foster save more per game than both of those keepers are they the best goalkeeper in the world? Keylor Navas and Claudio Bravo must be useless if that stat is what you base the quality of your keeper on.

My head hurts so I'm not even going to touch the next few paragraphs, I haven't stocked up on aspirin.

It really isn't "very very close" at all, you just think it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

But Neuer is the undisputed most complete keeper we'e ever seen apparently.

On a more relevant note, LVG should be sacked immediately. A great opportunity to close the gap on at least half of the current top 4 this weekend and United lose to one of the worst teams in the league.

Lack of champs league will be good for united, make a realistic tilt at the title with Mourinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Big Sam and LVG equals the death of football.

• Nice to see O Shea get MOTM, hope he carries that form into the Euros
    Only thing positive I can take from the match

Top four looks out of reach now so I'd say LVG's time up

Too early for booze?

Yes, Neuer plays for one of the best teams in the world because he is the best keeper in the world, that's kinda how football works, the best players play for the best teams. So why should that stat matter? If Butland or Foster save more per game than both of those keepers are they the best goalkeeper in the world? Keylor Navas and Claudio Bravo must be useless if that stat is what you base the quality of your keeper on.

My head hurts so I'm not even going to touch the next few paragraphs, I haven't stocked up on aspirin.

God, you really are an easy fish.

Go you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Good Result for my Everton top 6 bet. Didn't expect United to drop points there at all!

On a more relevant note, LVG should be sacked immediately. A great opportunity to close the gap on at least half of the current top 4 this weekend and United lose to one of the worst teams in the league.

And De Gea is better cos "he gets down better".....and plays for Manchester United

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Yeah agree. He has to go tonight. Outplayed and outfought by a very poor Sunderland team. Just didn't work for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Who would have thought it would be a goalie that would bring us together :pac:

Its similar to how Mignolet was rated so high in the Sunderland team a few years ago.
    For me De Gea is one of the top maybe 7 goalies, but I dont have him as the best. Right now their is 5 goalies in the league in Cech, Lloris, De Gea, Hart and Courtois
    Id have Courtois and De Gea 1 & 2 but the drop to the others isnt massive, which I think we will see next year if United get CL and Spurs dont cause Lloris is the obvious replacement for De Gea
    I do however not think Neuer is the best ever, Id still give that to Buffon or Uniteds own Big Dane or Kahn, but in last 3/4 years hes been best

A complete spoofer bill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

The fact we are on the backfoot in injury time a goal down is incomprehensible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Lovely great result :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I don't know why Man U are waiting until the summer to bring in Mourinho. Bring him in now. Give him a few months to assess the squad and see who has to go and who to bring in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fair play to Sunderland, they played well today and didn't let themselves be sucked into United's dismal long ball game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

What a mental season and there's no sign of it slowing up soon either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Well done to the Mackems, a well deserved victory for them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kone has been threatening that since his debut. He missed 2 sitters from those exact situations against Manchester City. He's a weapon in the opposition box.

You can see why Allardyce has been after him since his time at West Ham.

• Well Done Pauly D!
    Be happy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

Canadel wrote: »
    Two fairly evenly matched teams but Utd should have enough quality to win by a goal.
    RobertKK wrote: »
    Fairly evenly matched, yeah both will have 11 players on the pitch :p
    You're not even trying anymore.
    Fair enough lads, I was wrong. Sunderland had the quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't know why Man U are waiting until the summer to bring in Mourinho. Bring him in now. Give him a few months to assess the squad and see who has to go and who to bring in.

Do people actually think Jose will actually go to United? I cannot see him going there tbh.

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    Who would have thought it would be a goalie that would bring us together :pac:

Its similar to how Mignolet was rated so high in the Sunderland team a few years ago.
    For me De Gea is one of the top maybe 7 goalies, but I dont have him as the best. Right now their is 5 goalies in the league in Cech, Lloris, De Gea, Hart and Courtois
    Id have Courtois and De Gea 1 & 2 but the drop to the others isnt massive, which I think we will see next year if United get CL and Spurs dont cause Lloris is the obvious replacement for De Gea

It is a scary partnership but I can't believe there are actually people who believe De Gea is better than Neuer, this proves 3 things.
    1. That some Manchester United fans who wear those red goggles can only see 1 team playing football.
    2. None of these people watch Neuer each week, or even once every couple weeks.
    3. The Premier League hype machine is a scary, strong thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fair play to Sunderland, they played well today and didn't let themselves be sucked into United's dismal long ball game.

United do not play a long ball game. Go again.

They are ****ing ****e, but their style is not long ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I have to admit, I'd be shocked if Mourinho isnt brought in before Utds next fixture. Utd have nothing to lose now and sacking LVG might push them towards a top 4 finish which is very much still within their grasp but they to maek that call sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    Do people actually think Jose will actually go to United? I cannot see him going there tbh.

Why? I'd say he'd love that job. He'll be given plenty of money to spend.

monkey9 wrote: »

If you were him would you want to?

I wouldn't think so anyway.

The worst thing is we are probably stuck with him for the season at the very least.

• Advertisement
Advertisement