Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United 13/2/16 k/o 12.45 BT 1.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

But it isn't. You cited a specific group of people, Neuer's teammates coaches and opponents, having quotes about Neuer specifically in which they specifically refer to his aura. I just asked you to provide SOME, not all, of these quotes.

If it's universally accepted that the very best keepers have an aura, then why are you using this ridiculous argument as a reason why Neuer is superior to De gea? De Gea is one of the very best keepers in the world, therefore he has an aura too. Just like Neuer.

Right I'm going to find quotes to back up the most basic football argument because I'm that bloody good and because apparently some people on Boards need things spelled out in spaghetti alphabet shapes for them.

Do you seriously think De Gea has the same aura and presence as Neuer? Honestly I don't understand why I'm even debating this with someone who quite clearly doesn't watch Neuer each week, how can you possibly debate something you don't know about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Could have sworn I clicked into the Sunderland vs Manchester United thread...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Right I'm going to find quotes to back up the most basic football argument because I'm that bloody good and because apparently some people on Boards need things spelled out in spaghetti alphabet shapes for them.

Do you seriously think De Gea has the same aura and presence as Neuer? Honestly I don't understand why I'm even debating this with someone who quite clearly doesn't watch Neuer each week, how can you possibly debate something you don't know about?

How can you measure "aura" and "presence"? Do you think Neuer has been worth the same number of points to Bayern this season as De Gea has to United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Was there a game earlier?

How can you measure "aura" and "presence"? Do you think Neuer has been worth the same number of points to Bayern this season as De Gea has to United?

Do you think Neuer has been worth the same number as points as Butland? Stats would suggest no. So, do you think Butland is a better keeper than Neuer, why? Why not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

There should be an attribute for 'aura' in fifa.

Aura, bloody aura:

http://www.sport.net/neuers-aura-of-invincibility-vital-to-bayerns-cause_281011

"Loew pointed out - "exudes an unbelievable aura". - https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/manuel-neuer-not-quite-best-keeper-world-072229752.html

Oliver Kahn- "I think Neuer changed the game of goalkeeping in the World Cup."

Mark Schwarzer- "Manuel Neuer is a better goalkeeper than David De Gea by a mile."

Anyway short of busting out my Das Reboot book this is as good as it is gonna get via a quick google search before the Chelsea game. Anybody doubting the presence and aura of Neuer must be mad.

Aura, bloody aura:

http://www.sport.net/neuers-aura-of-invincibility-vital-to-bayerns-cause_281011

"Loew pointed out - "exudes an unbelievable aura". - https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/manuel-neuer-not-quite-best-keeper-world-072229752.html

Oliver Kahn- "I think Neuer changed the game of goalkeeping in the World Cup."

Mark Schwarzer- "Manuel Neuer is a better goalkeeper than David De Gea by a mile."

Anyway short of busting out my Das Reboot book this is as good as it is gonna get via a quick google search before the Chelsea game. Anybody doubting the presence and aura of Neuer must be mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

DDG:
    Best keeper in the world? No.
    Best keeper in Europe? No.
    Best keeper in English football? No.
    Best keeper in Manchester? Debatable.
    Best keeper at Manchester United? Yes.

As you were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

DDG:

As you were.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

DDG:

As you were.

Worst post of all time: Yes.
    Wrong: Yes.

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Worst post of all time: Yes.
    Wrong: Yes.

Why: I don't know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Its funny if everyone could just nicer to each other we could all have a nice talk about football :pac:

astonaidan wrote: »
    Its funny if everyone could just nicer to each other we could all have a nice talk about football :pac:

I've long been a proponent of having a monthly hand-holding session, where the soccer forum comes together once a month and holds hands for a predetermined amount of time. It could do wonders to easing hostilities and tensions between Boards members.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Who fupping cares who is better than who? They are both good enough to be in the top teams and any team in the world would have them.

Anything you say has little credentials to your great knowledge, which I am sure you have as your bias is as easy to see as the hair on your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Who fupping cares who is better than who? They are both good enough to be in the top teams and any team in the world would have them.
    Anyone posting about it obviously. You included, considering you didn't just ignore it and move on.
    Anything you say has little credentials to your great knowledge, which I am sure you have as your bias is as easy to see as the hair on your head.
    Lets not pretend the United fans are bastions of impartiality here :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Anyone posting about it obviously. You included, considering you didn't just ignore it and move on.

Lets not pretend the United fans are bastions of impartiality here :pac:

Have you not got a poll to win? :pac:

Have you not got a poll to win? :pac:

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can we got back on subject about a utd team completely outplayed by a team in the relegation zone.

• Advertisement

Obviously Cech is your number 1 in the league? Probably the universe :D

niallo27 wrote: »
    Can we got back on subject about a utd team completely outplayed by a team in the relegation zone.

I only seen the first half hour but your "completely outplayed" differs to everybody else's. This I've noticed in Liverpool match threads when they don't win.

I only seen the first half hour but your "completely outplayed" differs to everybody else's. This I've noticed in Liverpool match threads when they don't win.

I saw almost the whole game (tuned in at 5 minutes to see United 1-0 down) and United weren't completely outplayed by Sunderland. That said, you wouldn't go and call Sunderland undeserved winners and they could have had 1 or 2 more if not for Dave Saves.

Doesn't matter that we weren't completely outplayed, we were matched and beaten by fúcking Sunderland. Niallo is more than likely looking to keep the party going in here, and why wouldn't he. I'd be pissing my sides laughing at us too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

This thread, just like man utd's top 4 chances has gone right down the Khazri.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This match thread is a perfect example of why i just don't bother venturing into the La Liga thread anymore.

Obviously Cech is your number 1 in the league? Probably the universe :D

Don't forget parallel universes!

De Gea is wasted at Utd tbh.

He probably needs to move on

Advertisement