Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

24 hours to live. What would you do?

• 13-02-2016 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭

So you have 24 hrs to live. All life will end in 24 hrs. What would you do?

I would light the fire, play cards with my kids, bit of mariokart, a bottle of strong liquor, laughter, craic, piss taking..

Just like a normal Friday night for me.....

Just to make it clear all lives are ending, everyone will die, not just you..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

timthumbni wrote: »

I would light the fire, play cards with my kids, bit of mariokart, a bottle of strong liquor, laughter, craic, piss taking..

Smoke crack,write my memoirs and go skydiving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

Heroin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Call Jack Bauer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

golfball37 wrote: »
    Heroin

But if the whole world was ending who would be selling it to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Pull the stomach out of myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

I'd write a totes hilarious shout out FB post to a celebrity.

'Here Selena Gomez, you're a beour, shift me? X'

Watch the likes roll in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,183 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Life - presumably as we know it, Jim - is ending. Boo-hoo. The world will trundle on. :D

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Call Jack Bauer

If I could thank this post twice, I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

I'd gather up all the explosive, corrosive, flammable and destructive materials I can find and destroy my neighbour's end-of-the-world proof bunker.

Who does he think he is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Everyone and their mother I'd reckon,at rock bottom rates. If you've only got 24 hours get it on tick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

panic cry lament

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

1) Write a quick but articulate letter to my friends and loved ones, informing them that I love them very much.

2) I'd go out for a meal with my loved ones, on a Last Supper ting, and then I'd go out on the piss with the lads one last time.

3) Before that, though, I'd tell the girl in my local bookmakers that I think about her when I ejaculate, which is true. The weekend that's in it, that is quite romantic, but if she's not swept off her feet by that then f*ck her.

4) If a night of passion with the girl from Boyle Sports fails to materialise, it's off out with the lads, where I'd tell every girl in the club that I've only got hours to live, in which case they may take sympathy and ride me.

5) In the likely event that I don't get a ride, I'll go home and think about the girl from Boyles and ejaculate into a sock. Then I'll pay someone handsomely to throw that very sock at her, which I would do myself but, you know, I'll be dead. That's the good thing about Boyles - no plexiglass so the would-be assassin simply has to lob it over a counter and scarper. Being topical, I'd also have him do the deed in a wig and kevlar vest. Paul Williams would write about how the IRA is so hard up that their only weapon is now semen in a sock, and they're trying to blind people instead of kill them now.

6) I'd probably still be a little drunk, so I'd wake up the lads and guilt them into coming to my house, where we'd laugh and reminisce about childhood misgivings. There'd be sombre undertones, but each laugh would negate them if even for a moment. Every laugh would be preceded by the phrase 'remember when...'

7) When that's over, and we say our goodbyes in typical lad fashion, shaking hands instead of hugging, even though we both want hugs. Why do we do that? Why do we need nine pints of cider before showing a bit of physical affection for lifelong friends? There's something abnormal and very sad about that. Actually, I'd run the risk of being called a 'fagg*t' and say this to them before they go.

8) Then I'd spend the rest of the day with family. I'd ensure they know that I'm unafraid of what is to come. I'd ensure they know that I move into the other side not bitter about the years I would miss out on, but grateful for the years I had.

9) I'd make sure the first 10 seconds of Dr Dre's Let's Get High is played at my cremation. I feel that would lighten the mood somewhat.

10) Then I'll go up to bed, switch on Netflix and fall alseep watching Olympus Has Fallen or something, and I'll never wake up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭jeremymurphy

Post straight away on Boards to ask for advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Being honest, tell my wife to be, family and close friends how much I love them and thank them for being so kind to me. After that, go buck wild!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Do the simple stuff I love.go for a long run or cycle somewhere in the countryside.have Mexican food.ride my girlfriend.say goodbye to my family and thank them for all they've done for me.I'd ring some people who left a positive impression on me and say goodbye.then I'd go out and get absolutely twisted one last time with my girlfriend and friends.please god I'd be gone before the hangover.

Hammer89 wrote: »
    1) Write a quick but articulate letter to my friends and loved ones, informing them that I love them very much.

2) I'd go out for a meal with my loved ones, on a Last Supper ting, and then I'd go out on the piss with the lads one last time.

3) Before that, though, I'd tell the girl in my local bookmakers that I think about her when I ejaculate, which is true. The weekend that's in it, that is quite romantic, but if she's not swept off her feet by that then f*ck her.

4) If a night of passion with the girl from Boyle Sports fails to materialise, it's off out with the lads, where I'd tell every girl in the club that I've only got hours to live, in which case they may take sympathy and ride me.

5) In the likely event that I don't get a ride, I'll go home and think about the girl from Boyles and ejaculate into a sock. Then I'll pay someone handsomely to throw that very sock at her, which I would do myself but, you know, I'll be dead. That's the good thing about Boyles - no plexiglass so the would-be assassin simply has to lob it over a counter and scarper. Being topical, I'd also have him do the deed in a wig and kevlar vest. Paul Williams would write about how the IRA is so hard up that their only weapon is now semen in a sock, and they're trying to blind people instead of kill them now.

6) I'd probably still be a little drunk, so I'd wake up the lads and guilt them into coming to my house, where we'd laugh and reminisce about childhood misgivings. There'd be sombre undertones, but each laugh would negate them if even for a moment. Every laugh would be preceded by the phrase 'remember when...'

7) When that's over, and we say our goodbyes in typical lad fashion, shaking hands instead of hugging, even though we both want hugs. Why do we do that? Why do we need nine pints of cider before showing a bit of physical affection for lifelong friends? There's something abnormal and very sad about that. Actually, I'd run the risk of being called a 'fagg*t' and say this to them before they go.

8) Then I'd spend the rest of the day with family. I'd ensure they know that I'm unafraid of what is to come. I'd ensure they know that I move into the other side not bitter about the years I would miss out on, but grateful for the years I had.

9) I'd make sure the first 10 seconds of Dr Dre's Let's Get High is played at my cremation. I feel that would lighten the mood somewhat.

10) Then I'll go up to bed, switch on Netflix and fall alseep watching Olympus Has Fallen or something, and I'll never wake up :(

Aye that's all very good. But taking into account I said the whole world will end and everyone will die who the feck is going to be serving you food in a restaurant? That reminds me I won't have electric so no mariokart either. Well at least I have cards and firelight......

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Aye that's all very good. But taking into account I said the whole world will end and everyone will die who the feck is going to be serving you food in a restaurant?

Getting a table will probably be the biggest problem if everyone else has the same idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

Aye that's all very good. But taking into account I said the whole world will end and everyone will die who the feck is going to be serving you food in a restaurant? That reminds me I won't have electric so no mariokart either. Well at least I have cards and firelight......

I apologise I didn't read your post. Sure I've only got 24 hours to live I'm hardly going to read full posts :p

Kill myself. Yeah, that's right. Fukc that! I'm going out on my own terms by my own doing, not some random whim of the universe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd go around telling all the people I didn't like how I felt , I definitely have to do some reckless damage like crash a car into someone's sitting room

Then I'd get coked off my head and go absolutely mental altogther

When I'd come down I'd probably ball my eyes out with my girlfriend and then take a load of tablets killing myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd go around telling all the people I didn't like how I felt , I definitely have to do some reckless damage like crash a car into someone's sitting room

Then I'd get coked off my head and go absolutely mental altogther

When I'd come down I'd probably ball my eyes out with my girlfriend and then take a load of tablets killing myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Just to make it clear all lives are ending, everyone will die, not just you..

You'd be doing none of the above if we all knew we were gonna die. With zero consequences law and order would cease to exist. Mob mentality would overtake everything and everyone.

You'd be doing none of the above if we all knew we were gonna die. With zero consequences law and order would cease to exist. Mob mentality would overtake everything and everyone.

Well I said the world would end in 24 hours. I most certainly would light a fire and play with my kids... What would the mob be doing in 24 hours ? And anyway I'm armed............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Oh god I would do all of the drugs. ALL of the drugs.

I've never done any, but I recently had opportunity to live with a group of guys who had tried everything going. I used to beg them to describe them to me the exact feelings and sensations of every type of drug they'd tried, but hearing about it just wasn't the same. :(

At this stage of my life (a middle-aged mammy) I'm unlikely to ever start experimenting ... but with only 24 hours to live, hell the f*ck yeah I'd try every single one of them! And I'd die happy.

(Oh yeah and I should probably say bye to my kid and sentimental stuff like that, too ... yeah ...)

Advertisement