Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

Prob differ than most but I really like the orange indicators. E39 has aged so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Made a buy today

21246124_1833305653354247_286076619_o.jpg

1995 740i, hoping to get this on classic insurance. Needs a bit of tidying but nothing too serious.

I like the order of the pics posted :D

Alan's 3 Series
    Foxhole's 5 Series
    Polan 7 Series

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

polan wrote: »
    Made a buy today

1995 740i, hoping to get this on classic insurance. Needs a bit of tidying but nothing too serious.
    No doubt picked up for buttons? Well wear with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

Top Dog wrote: »
    No doubt picked up for buttons? Well wear with it :)

Sure, I spend more every year on drink and smokes :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

For a 22 year old car it still has a certain presence about it.
    Looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

polan wrote: »
    I like the order of the pics posted :D

Alan's 3 Series
    Foxhole's 5 Series
    Polan 7 Series

:D

Anyone got an E31 to show off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Anyone got an E31 to show off?

Picked this up on Tuesday

E31_Orinoco_Green.jpg

I may have made that up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I think there actually is a forum member with one of those. I think he does anyway he had another BMW that was stolen and burnt out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

To continue the BMW theme. Polan, when one door opens another closes. Its the 1st of September tomorrow and it means the e36 is being declared off the road and tucked up in its little house. I had a fantastic summer driving it and it never missed a beat in 2500 miles. I intended on doing a few jobs but they never materialised unfortunatley. But the upside is if I save them all for the wintertime I will be able to enjoy the car in a different way. A build thread will come once the funds allow. Had a few big holidays this year and one still yet to come so it will have to wait.:P
    [IMG][/img]20170831_193627.jpg upload photo to web

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

0Iu.jpg

Just in time to ruin all you BMW Fanboys with a photo of something Italian (156 V6)

Made a formal start on this project today by ordering the following;

- timing belt kit and water pump
    - auxiliary belt and tensioners
    - thermostat
    - 6 x spark plugs
    - oil,air,pollen,fuel filter

This will get the engine up and running and we will go from there. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think there actually is a forum member with one of those. I think he does anyway he had another BMW that was stolen and burnt out.

Did Matt Simmis have one of those?

I met a fella through work who has one of those in storage, reckons it's worth huge money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

colm_mcm wrote: »

I met a fella through work who has one of those in storage, reckons it's worth huge money.

Skatedude I think his name is has a silver one. He had an early 90's 7'er that was rear ended and written off.

colm_mcm wrote: »

Does he have a few BMW's in storage? Met a chap at Limerick car club meet last month in Castletroy with a 70's 5 series who had one in the shed at home along with a few other bits.

Does he have a few BMW's in storage? Met a chap at Limerick car club meet last month in Castletroy with a 70's 5 series who had one in the shed at home along with a few other bits.

No, I don't think it's the same guy.

BJ1RaU.jpg

Drove down to Lahinch and Doolin over the summer. Took this between the showers hence the dirt of the thing.

Bad parking thread >>>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,504 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I love the mangled bumper :D:D:D

I love the mangled bumper :D:D:D

Never quite got around to fixing that! Winter job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

36976435085_d460838e92_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

36028126534_cdf4879c59_c.jpgIMG_0170 by Eugene O'Connor, on Flickr

And watch all the oncoming traffic slow down ;)

Looks great to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭m-i-m-m-

Replaced my rusty old silencers with two nice stainless tig welded sections today...

Sound is just a bit louder and deeper than stock, without any annoying drone on the motorway or attracting too much attention.

exhaust-2.jpg

exhaust-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That car is beautiful m-i-m-m-
    I remember when I had my is200, I used to be on a few Lexus forums and some of the GS build threads were amazing.
    Definitely one of my favourite cars.
    Here's a build thread of one you may or may not be interested in.
    https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/697814-phil-s-04-gs300-sportdesign-vip-build.html

Ya I've seen that thread randomly the other week actually! The work he puts in is incredible, especially the arch work to fit those wheels.

Did he ever finish it I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

m-i-m-m- wrote: »
    Ya I've seen that thread randomly the other week actually! The work he puts in is incredible, especially the arch work to fit those wheels.

I remember another one where yer man done a rear fog light delete.
    I thought he was going to ruin the whole look of the rear but it actually turned out really cool.
    Smashing looking cars!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Did I spot this around Arklow?

Yup, most likely!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

I believe you're thinking of fitzgeme, although i dont think he had one of those although could be mistaken, he upgraded to an e60 m5 when his 335d was stolen and burnt out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭the merchant

24m6gzp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

My main money guzzler 98 impreza wrx gt555
    just had headgaskets timing belt sump and many expensive things replaced :rolleyes:
    21362186_120784625314976_1521738453_o.jpg?oh=67125bb292eff131a5c2035ddc79fc65&oe=59AF2788

The good daily 525D :D

21330575_120784575314981_1607281655_o.jpg?oh=c55a66c21219a86e84e8bb18d0ec9f7d&oe=59AE31A1

The new daily upgrade 08 330d :P

21330632_120784728648299_1980738853_o.jpg?oh=3f3623523edb102b62d36a7c0b4786e4&oe=59AE4E80

The other halfs pride and joy :cool:

21329773_120784718648300_876573550_o.jpg?oh=782a3f7f5b68b91898f20a39f35ed392&oe=59AE2A72

sorry about the large pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Love the colour of that a4 but the wheels :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Got the wheels refurbished last week. Few before and afters. Gave the whole car a polish and seal today too, and put on a new set of centre caps

refurb2.png

refurb3.png

refurb4.png

refurb5.png

refurb6.png

refurb7.png

refurb8.png

refurb9.png

refurb10.png

refurb11.png

Wow your alloys were in a really bad way. I didn't realize they were that bad. They done an excellent job on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Good work on the alloys, would you mind me asking how much one has to pay for this kind of work? Or is it priced individually, depending on the damage/size etc?

Thanks

wonski wrote: »
    Good work on the alloys, would you mind me asking how much one has to pay for this kind of work? Or is it priced individually, depending on the damage/size etc?

Thanks

I asked him that in another thread recently and he said 95 a wheel.

Wow your alloys were in a really bad way. I didn't realize they were that bad. They done an excellent job on them.

Ya, whoever had them before me destroyed them, no matter how I cleaned the car, they always stood out, which annoyed me, as there isn't a mark on the rest of the car!
    wonski wrote: »

Thanks
    Yep, 95 a wheel. Think thats the rate regardless of the size or damage. The outer lip was badly damaged, so a nice bit had to be taken off, so much so that they can't be refurbished again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭26000 Elephants

They were more like rotating parking sensors than alloys! :)

So I just bought a 2.4 210bhp q4 159.. I'll give it a wash and wax it and pop up some pictures.
    Delighted.

• Advertisement

Another one of the fleet got a spit polish over the last few days. Tidied it up a nice bit this summer, seat covers inside, new mats, new front fogs, reg plate surround, sprayed the rear toe bar area, and only last week put on a spare wheel cover, tidies up the rear of it nicely. Still a few creases in it, as it was folded up, but these should come out with time.

Holding up quite well for a near 20 year old jeep!

Pajeropolish1.png

Pajeropolish2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭supue

That Pajero's in great nick! At what age does classic tax/insurance kick in - I've always dreamt of having a runaround classic Defender?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

supue wrote: »
    That Pajero's in great nick! At what age does classic tax/insurance kick in - I've always dreamt of having a runaround classic Defender?

Tax is 30 years and classic insurance 15 or 20 onwards depending on the few companies.

Tax is 30 years and classic insurance 15 or 20 onwards depending on the few companies.

Autoline in NI will do it from 15 years. I've a 18 year old car for €450 but it will more than half at 20 years old.

Can't upload other photos cause of size but here she is.
    Needs to be registered this week and put through the local nct.
    Already bought the new timing belt kit and pump from gates and also a brand new manifold so it restore some power and cleaner emissions.

Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Wow left hand drive. Did that aspect not put you off at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

What spec is it and was it much cheaper then buying here even though left hand of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

bear1 wrote: »
    So I just bought a 2.4 210bhp q4 159.. I'll give it a wash and wax it and pop up some pictures.
    Delighted.

I bought one as well. Collected it yesterday :D

0tx.jpg

She's a 2.4 JTDm Lusso spec. Will get some better photos soon but so far enjoying the silly power. Nice replacement from the Volvo - another 5 cylinder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

166man wrote: »
    I bought one as well. Collected it yesterday :D

She's a 2.4 JTDm Lusso spec. Will get some better photos soon but so far enjoying the silly power. Nice replacement from the Volvo - another 5 cylinder!

That's nearly the full set :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement