Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

blade1 wrote: »

I can say this because it's a loaner.

That's a f*cking well ugly car. Way way way too much going on at the front and sides. Rotten.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Ahem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

hzaJ4Hn.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

166man wrote: »
    Any thoughts on changing the Civic Colm? You've had it a while now at this stage? Seems to have been a pretty good car to you though!

I don’t know to be honest! Was hands thinking an Accord DTEC but have a lot going on so will probably hang on to it for a while more as it doesn’t give me any trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That's a f*cking well ugly car. Way way way too much going on at the front and sides. Rotten.

Just because it's a loaner shouldn't affect what you say!
    It's gone back now anyway.
    Problem now is I'm stuck with this rotten yoke!
    Won't be able to shift it as it's too ugly so I can only hope someone will take it in on a scrappage scheme. :pac:

IMG_20171011_133251_01.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I don’t know to be honest! Was hands thinking an Accord DTEC but have a lot going on so will probably hang on to it for a while more as it doesn’t give me any trouble.

I've had mine two years plus now and don't think I'd sell either.

Pity it keeps attracting other cars though, you'd swear I bought a Lexus or something.

I think those Civics are the job but I am biased.

I'd like to get rid of mine but if I do it'd just be for another one maybe a 10 or 11 post facelift model as mine is a bit tatty in reality.

It's a really good car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

I think those Civics are the job but I am biased.

I'd like to get rid of mine but if I do it'd just be for another one maybe a 10 or 11 post facelift model as mine is a bit tatty in reality.

It's a really good car.

This issue I'm having with rust on mine, has turned me off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Won't be able to shift it as it's too ugly so I can only hope someone will take it in on a scrappage scheme. :pac:

Thats a really lovely Lexus blade1

giphy.gif

job seeker wrote: »

I'll sell you the pan roof out of mine :pac:

In all honesty man if you keep that rust clean I doubt it would progress too much over the course of a few years. But if you plan on keeping it until death do you part go to an independent panel beater spend the few quid and you'll be happy. You'll get a bit better of a deal if you get them to tidy up any other bits of bodywork that need doing at the same time.

• Advertisement

job seeker wrote: »

Just get one with the pano roof. Rust issue on the poverty roof is well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Well, here she is. 4 months after ordering, a 4 week delay due to a shortage of DSG gearboxes. Finally took delivery yesterday. I love it. Highline 1.0 110hp, 7 speed DSG with keyless entry, will do the job nicely :)

BXo0YBW.jpg?1

XCTGlrl.jpg?1

You’re lucky the Greenpeace crowd didn’t hold you up too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Do orders still go through the UK before they come to Ireland?
    I'd have thought that for the likes of German and Japanese cars they'd ship them directly.
    Curious how it will work after brexit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,595 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Lovely Golf. I love those dsg boxes.
    Well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

bear1 wrote: »
    Do orders still go through the UK before they come to Ireland?
    I'd have thought that for the likes of German and Japanese cars they'd ship them directly.
    Curious how it will work after brexit

Irish ordered cars have nothing to do with the UK. The ship the Irish-bound cars are on may have a stop over at one of the UK ports but not always. Depends on the ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

BMW’s and some Volvo's dock to the UK and come over on transporters. Nissans come down from NI.

Most come straight to Ireland though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

DaveyDave wrote: »
    Well, here she is. 4 months after ordering, a 4 week delay due to a shortage of DSG gearboxes. Finally took delivery yesterday. I love it. Highline 1.0 110hp, 7 speed DSG with keyless entry, will do the job nicely :)

Lovely looking car. It really is striking in white. Is that the Oryx white or the Pure white?

Looks like you got a great PCP deal after all. :)

dil999 wrote: »
    Lovely looking car. It really is striking in white. Is that the Oryx white or the Pure white?

Looks like you got a great PCP deal after all. :)

Pure white, looks good for a solid paint. I hear white needs a little extra care to 'shine' after a wash but we'll see how that goes when it comes time to clean :)

It looks much better in person, the 17" alloys look especially bigger than on the configurator. There was a few times while I was waiting for delivery I thought I should have went for the indium gray as it looks nice, but I'm happy with my choice. I think white suits VW cars well. One of the lads on work has a white Passat and it looks great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Beautiful car. Only noticed that there is a side sensor on the front and rear of the golfs today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Really nice! White definitely suits the current Vag style. The 1.0 TSI is 115bhp is it not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Really nice! White definitely suits the current Vag style. The 1.0 TSI is 115bhp is it not?

No it's 110bhp ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

No it's 110bhp ;)

Interesting, it's 113bhp in the Octavia and 115bhp in the Leon/Ibiza

MidMan25 wrote: »
    Interesting, it's 113bhp in the Octavia and 115bhp in the Leon/Ibiza

Could it be 115PS/113bhp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Could it be 115PS/113bhp?

Still 108 bhp for the Golfs (110 PS), even in the UK they're rated as 108 bhp.

For the higher output petrols it gets more ahem 'interesting', in Ireland it's a 148 bhp 1.4 TSI (no more ACT), whereas the UK gets the 1.4 TSI with just 123 bhp but then there are two versions of the new 1.5 TSI Evo; 128 bhp and 148 bhp.

• Advertisement

Money can't buy taste :pac:

Ah, I see your problem now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭polan

7 speed DSG with keyless entry, will do the job
    7 speed DSG with keyless entry
    keyless entry

Make sure to keep your key in a safe / blocker bag or you won't get to enjoy your car too much.

I don't think that happens too much in reality otherwise half the cars in Ireland would be missing.

I certainly wouldn't keep it too closely in mind. Treat your key with the same level of caution you would a traditional key and your risk of theft is about the same I'd say.

polan wrote: »
    Make sure to keep your key in a safe / blocker bag or you won't get to enjoy your car too much.

Very true! I have a travel belt I use for holidays to hold my phone and wallet, it blocks wireless signals so I'll keep it there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

LOL.

From the guy who spent €4k on a ''death trap BMW E36'' with four cylinders and sh1t alloys that is very rich comment. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don't think that happens too much in reality otherwise half the cars in Ireland would be missing.

I certainly wouldn't keep it too closely in mind. Treat your key with the same level of caution you would a traditional key and your risk of theft is about the same I'd say.

Yup, the supposed security weakness with keyless cars is very over-stated imo. (Hope I don't ever have to eat these words!!)

I follow a few UK high-performance car forums and the "tried and trusted" mechanism for robbing cars, keyless or no keyless, is still break-into-house-for-the-keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

LOL.

From the guy who spent €4k on a ''death trap BMW E36'' with four cylinders and sh1t alloys that is very rich comment. :)

Mr. Pot, would you care to meet Mr. Kettle?

No, no, I believe the correct term is African American.

LOL.

LOL GOOD ONE.

Is this why you're so popular on the motors forum?

I said a RENTAL car was deeply unattractive...(it is) Someone with the same car took offence, I made a tongue in cheek comment and then you arrive in with this shít. I've never said a word against you when everyone was jumping on your back but by god you've earned that reputation on this forum.

(By the way I paid 3k for an e36, kept it for 6 weeks and made a grand profit)

Christ above good luck to ya.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'm lost lads.

I said a RENTAL car was deeply unattractive...(it is) Someone with the same car took offence, I made a tongue in cheek comment and then you arrive in with this shít.

It was me that had both cars Hunky and I took no offence whatsoever.
    I was only messing back at you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

beertons wrote: »
    I'm lost lads.

I'm lost too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm lost too

I thought women were good at this sorta thing ;)

Maybe male car enthusiasts are the bitchiest species after all :P

It was me that had both cars Hunky and I took no offence whatsoever.
    I was only messing back at you.

Someone didn't get the joke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

R.O.R wrote: »
    Mr. Pot, would you care to meet Mr. Kettle?

No, no, I believe the correct term is African American.

I don't understand what you're implying. :confused:

LOL GOOD ONE.

Is this why you're so popular on the motors forum?

I said a RENTAL car was deeply unattractive...(it is) Someone with the same car took offence, I made a tongue in cheek comment and then you arrive in with this shít. I've never said a word against you when everyone was jumping on your back but by god you've earned that reputation on this forum.

(By the way I paid 3k for an e36, kept it for 6 weeks and made a grand profit)

Christ above good luck to ya.

Do you think it bothers me if I'm unpopular? :pac:

Sure wasn't my comment tongue in cheek too? You said it was a death trap btw, not me, lucky for the buyer! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Is it me or recently threads on here have started to feel like an after hours atmosphere rather than a place where people can share their 1 common passion?
    Great some hated the car and some liked it. Big ****ing deal.
    No need for this **** to continue over the course of a few days though.
    We obviously wont ever agree unanimously on what cars we like or don't so could we drop the entire Lexus debate.

Agreed. It's always the same ****ing person though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It's those Lexus owners that cause all the trouble imo with there ML bespoke speakers.....:pac::pac:

bear1 wrote: »
    Is it me or recently threads on here have started to feel like an after hours atmosphere rather than a place where people can share their 1 common passion?
    Great some hated the car and some liked it. Big ****ing deal.
    No need for this **** to continue over the course of a few days though.
    We obviously wont ever agree unanimously on what cars we like or don't so could we drop the entire Lexus debate.

I completely agree. If you don't like It, no bother, start a discussion on it's drawbacks, not an issue we all love a chat but do not post baiting comments like the one that kicked this all off.

Anyway, handbags away now lads or there will be more holidays!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

*Speaks in Skoda accent*

14444726_1259017944132464_5886008779986630253_o.jpg?oh=828b141c2e4800244a73e9022d7e7aeb&oe=5A7A5F9E

Shup tae fuk and more pictures comrades

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

Haven't been on here in donkeys years, currently in this...
    roll 5 mins into work, then 5 mins home.
    Great craic, peanuts to run. Has seen mig, tig AND stick action during its life :pac:

IMG-cc2f854725bc8a7b90a0e6eac2d7b405-_V.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Those 1.25 Fiestas are class. That looks a nice one with the alloys and colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

NickDunne wrote: »
    Haven't been on here in donkeys years, currently in this...
    roll 5 mins into work, then 5 mins home.
    Great craic, peanuts to run. Has seen mig, tig AND stick action during its life :pac:

https://s1.postimg.org/8on8ijbibz/IMG-cc2f854725bc8a7b90a0e6eac2d7b405-_V.jpg

Nice! I had one of these last when I was waiting on my current car. Any issues with the coolant valve whereby you only get hot air?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

I changed my wheels over tonight :D

iQa9O43h.jpg

YETV9PRh.jpg

NzqmiAxh.jpg

NLnq0TNh.jpg

WsRCwBIh.jpg

HNrfPqYh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

So we picked this up on Thursday night.

430613.jpg

Ex UK police car which has the tell-tale holes in the dash, but also benefits from a remap (estimated 180ish bhp). Bit rough around the edges (eagle eyed will spot that the front bumper is a different shade of silver) but all factored in to the price. Needs an engine mount, service, possible front shock top-mount and there's only maybe a months life left in the mis-sized rear tyres. Initially it was bought to see me through the winter (NCT till June 2018) .. but now I've driven it I kinda like it and I'm considering putting some money into it :eek: :o

430614.jpg

Watch this space as they say - so far I've removed all the junk. An interesting task which netted some deodorant, lip gloss, chocolate coins, a busted phone, samsung earphones, wire crimpers, about 10 quid in change and a roll of Christmas wrapping paper :D Vacuumed it thoroughly and gave it a wash to see what I've bought and what I'm going to do.

430615.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement