Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Silver kidney grilles (at least for the e92) were always indicative of 6+ cylinder engines.

Skylinehead - clean those bloody exhaust tips for feck sake :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

166man wrote: »
    OMG you don't have black kidney grills and angel eye headlights and german plates on your E46 OMG do you realise how uncool that is?!?!

Lol.

LOL GOOD ONE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Silver kidney grilles (at least for the e92) were always indicative of 6+ cylinder engines.

Skylinehead - clean those bloody exhaust tips for feck sake :P

You know, I don't know what they're supposed to look like! I'll get a scrubber to them next weekend maybe, see what happens. Definitely won't be going black grille though, I think the little bit of chrome offsets the black nicely. Especially on an already black car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

You know, I don't know what they're supposed to look like! I'll get a scrubber to them next weekend maybe, see what happens. Definitely won't be going black grille though, I think the little bit of chrome offsets the black nicely. Especially on an already black car.

Agree about the grilles, at e92 plain chrome looks the part, but chrome trims around the windows ruining sporty looks... thankfully you have them sorted.

Mr Muscle oven cleaner works miracles, and a very fine wool pad. Took me like 5 minutes. From what yours look like to this..

Slu8M33.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

shietpilot wrote: »
    What's wrong with black kidney grills? :mad:

It's like theres a checklist of things you have to do when you buy a noughties BMW.

- Black grills
    - german plates
    - angel eyes

And go the whole hog and put the M colours on the grill of your diesel 3 series if you're going for the full look!

I just find it hilarious. :)
    Ah don't him he suffers from the usual Italian temperaments of blowing his head gasket at the most inopportune of times.

In owning 19 Alfa's I have only ever had one let the head gasket go on me. :)

Carpentry wrote: »
    Mine had it all :D

Stunning. Is it an M3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

All Alfa's are ugly.

All Alfa's are ugly.

Agreed. Most of them are hideous from the factory though, so no need to ''modify'' them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

I got this last night..190bhp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

When are we renaming this the BMW Thread? :)

God I hope so, too many pictures of interesting numberplates. :D
    It's like theres a checklist of things you have to do when you buy a noughties BMW.

- Black grills
    - german plates
    - angel eyes

Check, check and check. :cool:

436018.jpg

436019.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Jesus, black grills, blue calipers and Angel eyes too.

316d no doubt

Now that's nice. I especially like the colour, it's very different.

Really nice to see a BMW that isn't diesel either. Fair play :)

Now that's nice. I especially like the colour, it's very different.

Really nice to see a BMW that isn't diesel either. Fair play :)

I actually think I prefer the chrome grills...might change back.

I was always an advocate for the chrome grills - an unpopular opinion around these parts.

Car is freakin' awesome though. Is it as expensive to run as most folk would make out to be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

Are there black headlights available? I think that would tie in the black grille nicely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I was always an advocate for the chrome grills - an unpopular opinion around these parts.

I'd also have to go against popular opinion amongst BMW fans, I prefer the chrome as well.

I'm also not changing the wheels or lowering it either:pac:.

• Advertisement

I'd also have to go against popular opinion amongst BMW fans, I prefer the chrome as well.

I'm also not changing the wheels or lowering it either:pac:.

You do drive a silver E46 though so we won't hold that against you at least. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Jesus that's a beautiful motor fitzgeme! Love the colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Wailin wrote: »
    Jesus that's a beautiful motor fitzgeme! Love the colour.

+1, that M4 is gorgeous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

+1, that M4 is gorgeous

Fitzgeme ruins the look when he drives it, old fat and bald.....!!😆😆

aren't we all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

I normally find modern BMW's quite dreary looking but that M4 is lovely.

Well wear. :)

Fitzgeme ruins the look when he drives it, old fat and bald.....!!����
    Well better the you..you are young fat and bald . You better post up your new jammer �� and the old one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Echo echo echo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

bear1 wrote: »
    Echo echo echo....

They should've used a Corolla instead of a DeLorean!

Ok, here's my daily... Nice car, had it about a year and a half. Good fun to drive, fast and makes a good sound....
    It's days are numbered, hopefully changing it this week....:D

436065.jpg

436066.jpg

436067.jpg

436068.jpg

436069.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I got this last night..190bhp
    Nice. Always liked them. Nicely bolted together.
    Check, check and check. :cool:
    Very cool. Love the colour.
    aren't we all :(
    No. Well OK, old. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

Not a beemer....sorry!!
    Picked up this E11 corolla last year for the missus, stored in a garage for the last 8 years and has a full service history. Best £600 I ever spent. Put some decent oil, filters, sparks and plugs in it and no issues at all.
    We now live in the north of Scotland and stuck some decent winter tyres on it and it gets around surprisingly well.

qfjGjKU_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Not a beemer....sorry!!
    Picked up this E11 corolla last year for the missus, stored in a garage for the last 8 years and has a full service history. Best £600 I ever spent. Put some decent oil, filters, sparks and plugs in it and no issues at all.
    We now live in the north of Scotland and stuck some decent winter tyres on it and it gets around surprisingly well.

[IMG][/img]

Nice! The first car that I owned was a G6 Corolla of that shape, surprisingly well kitted out and completely bulletproof. Well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

God i miss my old SR Corolla, it was a rust bucket but she was a great little car to throw around on back roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Been a while since I posted here. Far too many BMW's going on though so I better dilute things a bit. :P

25182354_10155017276212327_4816274997521921846_o.jpg?oh=a534327a506b32b0dcedeb5e9f376286&oe=5ABAD77E

25073219_10155017276182327_7927753968760580835_o.jpg?oh=dff61cdbc66753f9b5a443390e3641aa&oe=5A90CB14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

That GTI is amazing. Love the wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

When did you get those wheels Dar?

tossy wrote: »
    When did you get those wheels Dar?

Few months ago at this stage. They're decidedly more dirty at present!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Lovely GTi. I have a major want for a mk7 lately

dar83 wrote: »
    Few months ago at this stage. They're decidedly more dirty at present!

Nice one :) If you are ever trading it in give me a shout on the wheels :)

Nice one :) If you are ever trading it in give me a shout on the wheels :)

One picture and they start to circle already!

tumblr_oug7ifWCkI1txwsk0o1_500.gif

:D
    OSI wrote: »
    Didn't keep it stock for long did ya :D

What's the exhaust? Have you mapped it accordingly?

I just couldn't, it was too quiet and just like the rest out there. :o

It's just a Milltek catback for now, so no remap required. Trying to maintain some semblance of warranty until it naturally expires, but the garage I bought off are quite understanding. As long as I don't touch the ECU they'll cover me for most things, if required, so I'm being good. *touches wood*

As I've said in other threads, the M4 will probably be my next car. I can see them and the F80 M3 holding their value a lot better than the E92 M3 given that the M4 (+ M2, M3) are all €1200 per year tax compared to €1809 on previous generations.

As I've said in other threads, the M4 will probably be my next car. I can see them and the F80 M3 holding their value a lot better than the E92 M3 given that the M4 (+ M2, M3) are all €1200 per year tax compared to €1809 on previous generations.

The e92 m3 was a eye watering 2350 a year from 2008 onwards, and no matter what people say about "well if can afford it what about the tax" that stings. Reliability is markedly improved over the E generation cars in general, and the looks are more dramatic and geared towards the type of knob heads that want a fast BMW. No matter what motoring journalists will tell you they sound great and go like absolute stink, usually sideways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

The e92 M3 tax is 1,809

I'm biased as I have one but I do think they are the best of the M cars - they are the last naturally aspirated with a V8. A turbo can't compare to the high-revving redline of the E92

• Advertisement

The e92 m3 was a eye watering 2350 a year from 2008 onwards, and no matter what people say about "well if can afford it what about the tax" that stings. Reliability is markedly improved over the E generation cars in general, and the looks are more dramatic and geared towards the type of knob heads that want a fast BMW. No matter what motoring journalists will tell you they sound great and go like absolute stink, usually sideways.

I thought the 2008s got in on the lower rate of €1,809 and then from 2009 onwards it was €2,350?

I would love to own a 2008 e92 M3 but I couldn't stomach having paid €10,000 for a tax disc for 5 years. The fuel consumption wouldn't bother me nor would the issues it has (actuators). They don't seem to be too easy to move on either.

I thought the 2008s got in on the lower rate of €1,809 and then from 2009 onwards it was €2,350?

I would love to own a 2008 e92 M3 but I couldn't stomach having paid €10,000 for a tax disc for 5 years. The fuel consumption wouldn't bother me nor would the issues it has (actuators). They don't seem to be too easy to move on either.

I think July 2008 to 31st Dec 2008 could choose the old or new system (so yes the €1800 rate)...

I think July 2008 to 31st Dec 2008 could choose the old or new system (so yes the €1800 rate)...

There was no choice - post July 08 you were taxed based on emissions (be it dearer or cheaper) my own car went to 1200 after July 08.

The €609 in motor tax should be insignificant in terms of the overall costs of running an M3.

I think the likes of the E92 M3 with the V8 will be cherished in years to come. Also with a manual gearbox will be more reliable than the twin turbo double clutch gearbox, given the general Irish attitude to maintenance.

There was no choice - post July 08 you were taxed based on emissions (be it dearer or cheaper) my own car went to 1200 after July 08.

Ah yes, maybe it was Jan to June 2008 I was thinking about.....

OSI wrote: »
    You don't make pounds without counting the pennies ;)

Insightful. I'll use that when I launch my next company from the seat of M3. :)
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Except for the fact the E92 M3 feels like your driving a bus. Hated driving the thing on track. What is the curb weight of one like 4 tonnes :pac: Sure it has great brakes,sounds lovely and looks cool but you cant hide all the weight its carrying

Given that we don't all daily drive around Mondello for a living I think the E92 M3 is more than capable enough on the day to day roads. The difference in weight between the 2 is 60 odd kg, hardly driving a bus.

Maybe you're driving it wrong? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I think this is the first time I've seen any M3 described as anything but perfect, are the German fan boys starting to come around or is this just old tax mad Ireland really trying to justify the cost of owning one super saloon over another? :pac:

No one buys an M3 to count pennys, you absolute loons. :p

CianRyan wrote: »
    No one buys an M3 to count pennys, you absolute loons. :p

True but when your job is financial control and advising aswell as being a car enthusiast you kind of have an issue on your hands :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Look, I'm a mechanic and I've bought an RX8, you need to go deep to understand the issues at hand. Haha

CianRyan wrote: »
    Look, I'm a mechanic and I've bought an RX8, you need to go deep to understand the issues at hand. Haha

How's the RX8 running? Must spin up to you some evening! It's a hilarious car with the pops and bangs :)

Didn't someone take the tax office to court over the emissions tax for cars sold in 2008 and won the right to tax it either by litre or emissions?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement