Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bataguclir

when you wonder why you dont visit a forum any more then check in and find a bunch of 20 somethings who live at home with mammy with there straight piped rep mobiles arguing that tax on an M3 is not important :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

166man wrote: »
    How's the RX8 running? Must spin up to you some evening! It's a hilarious car with the pops and bangs :)

It's been perfect bar being thirsty! Do, I'm on Christmas leave now except Friday so I'm pretty much always free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

* gets popcorn *

bataguclir wrote: »
    when you wonder why you dont visit a forum any more then check in and find a bunch of 20 somethings who live at home with mammy with there straight piped rep mobiles arguing that tax on an M3 is not important :D:D:D

Please post a picture of your car so we can critique that instead.

OH SORRY! You can't because you don't even post here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Who drives the rep mobile with the straight pipe? :confused:

Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Let's try to STEER this back on topic....

32911264092_e8487515fd_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Got sent a little something in the post last week. Been having fun since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Didn't someone take the tax office to court over the emissions tax for cars sold in 2008 and won the right to tax it either by litre or emissions?
    That was for cars sold in Ireland from Jan-Jun 2008, they were allowed to choose either scheme (whichever was cheaper)
    Important to note that it does not apply for imports. So if you import a Jan 2008 RX8 from the UK for instance, it will be taxed at the 2350 rate.

I saw an 09 RX8 on 09 - d - 120xxx plates in cavan of all places, taxed at the 2350 rate and all. Now there's a madman/enthusiast take your pick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Alright fella, post a pic of your car... Do you even have enough posts to allow you to post pics??

ELM327 wrote: »
    That was for cars sold in Ireland from Jan-Jun 2008, they were allowed to choose either scheme (whichever was cheaper)
    Important to note that it does not apply for imports. So if you import a Jan 2008 RX8 from the UK for instance, it will be taxed at the 2350 rate.

Incorrect. I was looking at an early 2008 RX8 R3 a few years ago, imported from the UK and was €636 per year tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

True but when your job is financial control and advising aswell as being a car enthusiast you kind of have an issue on your hands :pac:

As a financial advisor you really should be better up on your man maths...see works like this.

1. Expensive tax...sure its a cheaper car and the depreciation is done, and that covers the extra tax anyway = buy the car you want.

2. Cheaper to tax - well the extra price of the cars is offset by the chape tax = buy the car you want.

Its so simple, yet i have to explain it to my wife every time.

bataguclir - nice trolling there, usually takes a few more posts than that to have everyone think your a dick, but you nailed it in one. :P

As a financial advisor you really should be better up on your man maths...see works like this.

1. Expensive tax...sure its a cheaper car and the depreciation is done, and that covers the extra tax anyway = buy the car you want.

2. Cheaper to tax - well the extra price of the cars is offset by the chape tax = buy the car you want.

Its so simple, yet i have to explain it to my wife every time.

bataguclir - nice trolling there, usually takes a few more posts than that to have everyone think your a dick, but you nailed it in one. :P

Man maths only applies to the individual - not the majority :P Also man maths is what made me buy an RX8 in 2007 with which insurance was 2.5k!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Incorrect. I was looking at an early 2008 RX8 R3 a few years ago, imported from the UK and was €636 per year tax.
    Hmm.
    I'm sure I read that on the UK import thread before but after a quick google you are indeed correct
    https://www.motortax.ie/OMT/pdf/co2_emissions_rates_en.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Might as well keep the car pics coming :cool:

May look somewhat clean here, but the back of it is filthy :o

Golf_Snow.png

Are those GT's the 1.6 turbo?
    Took one for a test drive last year and I was really impressed. Somewhat of a warm hatch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,480 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They'd be 2.0 TDI 140 or 1.4 TSI 160
    The GTD is 170
    (UK Specs)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Ya it's a 2.0 Diesel. Doing fairly big mileage. Even still it has a bit of poke to it and doesn't complain!

Ah, the TSI 160 I was thinking off.

My friend has the same 2.0 TDI in an A4 which feels good so I'd say it's great in the Golf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Got sent a little something in the post last week. Been having fun since

Tell me more!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Man maths only applies to the individual - not the majority :P Also man maths is what made me buy an RX8 in 2007 with which insurance was 2.5k!

Man maths is why I have two cars both with 2.5 tax. 9 months tax for one, 3 months for the other. It's practically paying me to do it sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Man maths is why I have two cars both with 2.5 tax. 9 months tax for one, 3 months for the other. It's practically paying me to do it sure!

Someone will be along to report your post soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

I'll keep the ball rolling with my own yoke: 20171212_220612.jpg

Its heading towards being the most reliable e46 320d ever made (*touch wood*).

172k miles on the clock with original clutch, flywheel and turbo all fighting fit.
    Been in the family since 2007.

Factory M sport? Nice looking car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ymh4I.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Factory M sport? Nice looking car.

Kitted se unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

dar83 wrote: »
    Few months ago at this stage. They're decidedly more dirty at present!

Love the wheels Dar. Massive improvement on the standard Austin’s. Are they 19’s? Is it lowered a bit too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

Just to mix up the tread a little, here's a picture taken a while ago. :)

436133.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭carsfan2

That M4 looks the business.
    Well wear.
    Did you not recently get a 911 before this or am I not remembering correctly?How do they compare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Love the wheels Dar. Massive improvement on the standard Austin’s. Are they 19’s? Is it lowered a bit too?

Both. :P

carsfan2 wrote: »
    That M4 looks the business.
    Well wear.
    Did you not recently get a 911 before this or am I not remembering correctly?How do they compare?

Yeah had a 997 CS2 before, the best steering car I ever had but not that great as a daily. Lacked gagets and it was a manual. Also the ever present threat of the IMS bearing had me on edge. The m4 is more car, a fair bit more lively mind you. One thing about the 911 is that you suffer far less depreciation. Also insurers hate it. Was given a 3k quote on renewal due to age and category.

436156.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Was it you fitgeme that had the 335i e92 that got stolen and burnt out in the Wicklow Mountains??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Was it you fitgeme that had the 335i e92 that got stolen and burnt out in the Wicklow Mountains??

It was, don't bring it up or he might start crying like a baby again....

Fitzgeme is like a bad car dealer, always changing stock but makes a loss everytime.....

It was, don't bring it up or he might start crying like a baby again....

Fitzgeme is like a bad car dealer, always changing stock but makes a loss everytime.....

Cars just seem to find me :D Its better to have loved and lost........

Haven’t posted a picture recently actually.

See below my 166 V6 recently used at a friends wedding.

s1jg3o.jpg

:)

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    ^

Like most marriages, owning an Alfa will result in a 50/50 chance of the person being left broke and in tears :pac:

Joking, I do love those Alfa's, have had one myself

Pretty sure they have left in broke and in tears on occassion.

Then again this year I bought my 19th Alfa Romeo and I'm not yet 25 so who knows what 2018 will bring :pac:

Then again this year I bought my 19th Alfa Romeo and I'm not yet 25 so who knows what 2018 will bring :pac:

2.375 Alfa Romeos by my calculations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

What a difference a wash makes :)

25289529_1732243233476597_1554280318590729700_n.jpg?oh=b788380d1ef111bdf5bdacbc6e6ece7b&oe=5AB956BB
    25158042_1732243290143258_884092630315579057_n.jpg?oh=4a54b3bea43cd8241ae7a0dd42ba3795&oe=5ACF265D
    25299217_1732245010143086_1548457745872438561_n.jpg?oh=d731abb98589a593aacc7aa94ee340da&oe=5A8DB02A
    25353620_1732245296809724_5256463897657542685_n.jpg?oh=fcc941d11e88cdf10eb1ab7c56b6cb93&oe=5AC00391

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hopefully a new personality.

WcRV60U.jpg
    Threw this in to an Amazon orer to get free postage. Thought it fit here quite well the ways it has been of late.:cool::cool::P:P

Hopefully a new personality.

Got a good laugh at that one fair play :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

436313.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

What a difference a wash makes :)

Tidy looking example, really like the FL ST's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Pre NCT once over.... Blasted the wheels and arches with the power hose. Checked fluids and lights. Removed wheel caps.

IMG_20171216_115134.jpg

Passed with no advisories.

In the spirt of Christmas....

Yippee-ki-yay, mother****ers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

She's not a BMW - but she is German - so hopefully it's allowed :D

436444.jpg

Isn't it a Belgian?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Nice car, Top Dog. Looks like Blackpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭bear1

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn't it a Belgian?

Yep genk plant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Some quick on the road home shots via phone.
    EOzaXpX.jpgl9kw4kP.jpgGO50OnF.jpg

Also, would be super if someone just came over and bought my 335d thats up for sale. Its cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,472 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Good luck with it. Lovely machine.
    You must have persuaded insurers to cover it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,834 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Well done! I bet the drive home will be fun.
    I think you will need better pictures of that 335 and also put it on donedeal

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement