Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Blooming hell lads...the puns are terrible ::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Blooming hell lads...the puns are terrible��

Words of wisdom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

;)
    everlast75 wrote: »
    People give out about a dentist spending money on that car.

He has to work hard to get to be his own floss.

Me - I'm the molar opposite.

I appreciate he worked hard to be able to put that plaque on the office wall.

I'd be sick to my back teeth of comments like that.

I'm sure he has had his filling of them.

Oh no, if I knew this was coming I would've posted anonymously...!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Just a bit of levity lads. It ain't a crime.

Anyway, fantastic car OS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Great cars FG, MS and Mr Oral. You've reignited my urge to change. How you're getting 16MPG in the M5 i'll never know, couldn't get my 7 over 14MPG when I got it!

Best of luck with those lovely machines.

Great cars FG, MS and Mr Oral. You've reignited my urge to change. How you're getting 16MPG in the M5 i'll never know, couldn't get my 7 over 14MPG when I got it!

Best of luck with those lovely machines.

The 16mpg was in my first day of tipping around town (driving a 3 day old baby around)....

I’ve no doubt it’ll drop as I drive it on....!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The 16mpg was in my first day of tipping around town (driving a 3 day old baby around)....

I’ve no doubt it’ll drop as I drive it on....!!

You've an M5 and a three day old baby? Fair fux to you, there's not many of us woud buy an M5 to do the baby carrying duties!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭JimmyMcGill

You've an M5 and a three day old baby? Fair fux to you, there's not many of us woud by an M5 to do the baby carrying duties!

If I had the price of one itd be the only time I'd buy one. Missus in the labour ward none the wiser...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Is the M5 an original Irish car? If so, how did the value compare to the UK?

If not, was the VRT on par with that the calculator said it would be?

• Advertisement

Is the M5 an original Irish car? If so, how did the value compare to the UK?

If not, was the VRT on par with that the calculator said it would be?

I priced up getting one in the uk but the uncertainty of VRT calculation, hassle of sorting my trade in or private sale and lack of time to go look at cars in the uk put me off.

I asked a main Bmw garage in Dublin to source one for me in the uk, gave the sales guy the spec I was after, what I was willing to spend, followed up with email but they never called me back (a month ago now)....

This one was for sale in Dublin for a few months now, had a price drop recently and got an OKish deal on my M3 so went with it. It was not a main Bmw dealer but it had a 5 year service pack and full Bmw service history, four oem new tyres, new pads all round, new discs up front. The only downside from a main dealer is the lack of premium select warranty but I priced up a bmw warranty at just over a grand/year for everything (engine drivetrain, gearbox, electrics) excess of €335...
    Even with getting my own warranty I’d say it worked out better than getting a Bmw premium selection car or bringing in a car from the uk and getting hit with 36% VRT....

You've an M5 and a three day old baby? Fair fux to you, there's not many of us woud buy an M5 to do the baby carrying duties!

And the rest!! That’s my fourth (and final) child!!

Thinking of getting a 4 seat multimac to ferry them all in the m5!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Congrats, two new babies in a week so! Fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That’s my fourth (and final) child!!

Good one. :D

I know a guy who got the snip after 5 kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭McCrack

Oral surgeon I think you mentioned you sold an e93 m3 recently...how long did it take to shift and where did you advertise? Did you have many genuine enquiries?

Ive an e92 m3 on carzone over two weeks. Its priced well yet not one enquiry. I appreciate the time of year perhaps is bad however im concerned its going to take months to shift.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Good one. :D

I know a guy who got the snip after 5 kids.

Was it not too late then? I got it done after 2.

• Advertisement

McCrack wrote: »
    Oral surgeon I think you mentioned you sold an e93 m3 recently...how long did it take to shift and where did you advertise? Did you have many genuine enquiries?

Ive an e92 m3 on carzone over two weeks. Its priced well yet not one enquiry. I appreciate the time of year perhaps is bad however im concerned its going to take months to shift.

Hi McCrack, I traded mine against the M5. I could’ve got more doing a private sale but I don’t think I could handle youngfellas coming to my house to joyride my car.
    They’re a niche purchase. You could have the right buyer ready to go at that price tomorrow or in 6 months. You either hold out for that price or start dropping the price to bring it into more people’s range....
    Have you another car, would you trade it in for another car??

Thanks - im not trading it for another - I have another car so I can wait as long as it takes but sooner rather than later. Hopefully in the New Year.

Best luck with yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Thanks - im not trading it for another - I have another car so I can wait as long as it takes but sooner rather than later. Hopefully in the New Year.

Best luck with yours.

I saw yours on carzone. Given the mileage and the fact that there's another black one with 24,600 miles for about 8k more, yours mightn't be as keenly priced as you think.

With that said I don't know whether yours or his is on the CC or CO2 tax system so that's possibly making a difference.

Yes I know the other one - he is near me. Mine is on the old CC rate.

We will see anyway - thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got the flywheel and clutch done last week. Lovely bills coming up to Christmas :(

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year folks :)

25ipz0p.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

New fuel filter a few weeks ago has fixed an issue where she went into limp mode on ‘hard’ acceleration, feels like new again (Thanks Valdas).

Left it with my mother for 2 weeks while we’re away for Christmas and she cleaned it (it was bloody manky for the last few weeks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Yes I know the other one - he is near me. Mine is on the old CC rate.

We will see anyway - thanks

Yours is cracking car though. If I could afford the tax on top of a mortgage I'd be in the market for one. They're the last of the best V8's available at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Don't need a v8 for 15 mpg

Remapped Vrs Octavia stuck in traffic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Really curious to know what your insurance is on a 4.4 litre petrol engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

OS,

We used to have a 5 series, and with kids were looking at a multimac. Just be aware of insurance implications as you are effectively changing your car from a 5 to 6 seater. It could be completely fine but something to make sure is above board before making the purchase.

Wailin wrote: »
    Really curious to know what your insurance is on a 4.4 litre petrol engine?

The convertible m3 was €1115 fully comp and I’ve now changed half way through the policy to the m5 at a cost of €150.
    So that should be €1415 for the year on renewal (but it won’t be!!!!)

vintagevrs wrote: »
    OS,

We used to have a 5 series, and with kids were looking at a multimac. Just be aware of insurance implications as you are effectively changing your car from a 5 to 6 seater. It could be completely fine but something to make sure is above board before making the purchase.

Interesting, so they’d class that as a modification when they ask if there’s any modifications to the car whatsoever???
    It was only an idea, we use my wife’s car to ferry the kids...
    I’ll look into that some more,
    Thanks,
    Os

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I remember just that getting one fitted wasn't the same as fitting a car seat. It had to be certified. Depending on the insurance company they might get sticky about it. Last thing you'd want then is to give them an excuse not to cover you if you ever needed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

25660251_1741257279241859_3591070267510829632_n.jpg?oh=577817c34f5d737496a71c88d2ee4e4c&oe=5AB7A406

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Traditional Christmas wash today:

ok57O.jpg

Was caked in that grit from the roads in recent weeks, a quick snow foam and wash and it turned out well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Long overdue wash

436931.jpg

Peatys wrote: »
    Long overdue wash

1 month overdue Tax ;-)

1 month overdue Tax ;-)

Insurance is out too, I've really good eyesight.....:D

1 month overdue Tax ;-)

It's in the post!! :D

Insurance is out too, I've really good eyesight.....:D
    That's in the post too. Jays this not looking good.. we were down the country for a couple of months with work. Wife's car was parked up..

That's in the post too. Jays this not looking good.. we were down the country for a couple of months with work. Wife's car was parked up..

I was only joking.... I can't read that!! At least the NCT is ok....

I was only joking.... I can't read that!! At least the NCT is ok....

On that, car will be 10yr old in Feb.. brought it for an early nct thinking as it's less than 10 yr old I'd get the last 2yr nct.. no such luck, due feb19.

Tut.

It's in the post!! :D

The checkpoints will be out in force over the next few weeks so let’s hope the postmen don’t go on strike anytime soon!!

The checkpoints will be out in force over the next few weeks so let’s hope the postmen don’t go on strike anytime soon!!

When I say in the post, I mean the two disks are in about three months of post in the kitchen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Quick guide how to piss off your missus day before Christmas /in 4 steps/:D /all discs are up to date/

oMMuxVQ.jpg

mJO3KMm.jpg

OhWzL54.jpg

jhIEvOs.jpg

Mark V GTI still looks really well. Just shows the Golf hasn't really evolved that much from the V to the VII.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Traditional Christmas wash today:

Was caked in that grit from the roads in recent weeks, a quick snow foam and wash and it turned out well.

Spotless Bazz! Do you have a protective coat on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Carpentry

Mark V GTI still looks really well. Just shows the Golf hasn't really evolved that much from the V to the VII.

I think GTI is more about driving rather than looking good, but feck it, love her anyway.

Carpentry wrote: »
    I think GTI is more about driving rather than looking good, but feck it, love her anyway.

No it's a great motor...plus it looks good ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It's more that they have a formula that works, and they don't have to keep reinventing it.

Look at the likes of the Megane for example, no evolution between generations.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    It's more that they have a formula that works, and they don't have to keep reinventing it.

Look at the likes of the Megane for example, no evolution between generations.

No I agree. I like the Golf, wife drives a MK VII and in the past I had the MK IV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That's evolution though. They're adding more technology and refinement while still making a car that's clearly a Golf.

Manky with the dirt :D

39245849171_f75e50f3bb_b.jpg

Spotless Bazz! Do you have a protective coat on it?

Nope, just the snow foam lance using Bilthamber Autofoam, leave it soak in for 5 mins, rinse it off and then a hand wash with Turtle Wax Zipwax shampoo.

Manky with the dirt :D

Bit of a sleeper.

Looks like a 520d, only the tail pipes and big brake discs give it away to a trained eye.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement