Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Here's my igloo, I mean car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

ongarite wrote: »
    Love the alloys, great design and colour.
    Matches the front lip spoiler well

When black wheels started coming into fashion recently I was dead against it but I have to say it works very well with strong colours like dark blues, reds etc as in the M3 above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Dirty face Saturday:

2ih5pj6.jpg

Have to say, for a near on 250 horsepower, 4 wheel drive, 2 tonne tank it's actually doing quite well fuel wise - computer is about 0.2l too optimistic (brim to brim is averaging just under 7.1l)

24fd9mp.jpg

And finally gave it a clean after all the crap weather.. tis seriously a tiring car to clean manually - clean ass Saturday:

2cor6yo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Has it been remapped? That's the 2.4 5 cylinder diesel with 210 hp yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

A rare dry day.

dJLxrFB.jpg

• Advertisement

Wailin wrote: »
    Has it been remapped? That's the 2.4 5 cylinder diesel with 210 hp yes?

Yep and yep :) wasn't easy to find with the q4 but I had great fun in the snow last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,283 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I got to drive 1600 miles in this over a 10 day period around California and Arizona. I have to admit that it was a nightmare to drive and not something that I shall rush to repeat in such a vehicle.
    27610244339_2e8cc54c6d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭homik

20141102_142928.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Met with two of my buddies today, one with his stunning M5, the want is getting higher and higher each time :(

S9M2VJSh.jpg

CqXplwch.jpg

rkzCgNvh.jpg

UuwTutCh.jpg

KjTAzpSh.jpg

atS7r6Th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

You have a good eye for alloys FN. Your old set looked amazing on your old e39 and that new set go really well with you current car. Your current set look better than those on the M5 imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

My celica today.. 190 bhp for sale

My celica today.. 190 bhp for sale

For sale? Didn't you only just buy it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Lifting a wheel.

39366930152_f06d5abb7d_c.jpg

25526952548_f448489d50_c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Not it's natural habitat..

4c7999b9-c35d-45a6-91e3-d3d1b3a80946.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Spin across the Wicklow Gap today.

IMG_20180101_162109.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Trying to be all artsy!

27601136759_efd28a32ee_c.jpg
    by Ah here! Do not talk bull!, on Flickr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

job seeker wrote: »
    Trying to be all artsy!

by Ah here! Do not talk bull!, on Flickr

Reg is wrong for that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

rizzodun wrote: »
    Reg is wrong for that. :pac:

I know well! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Spotless. Had to use the green side of a pot scrubber to clean it.

20171228_110535.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Spotless. Had to use the green side of a pot scrubber to clean it.

White side by the time you are finished :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 mi16

Clio 182 trophy

This is actually my second one of these, having owned #174/500 a few years ago. Original is best when it comes to these so it's pretty much stock with the Sachs front dampers, Recaros, and other nice trophy bits still intact.

w7Mi9h6.jpg?1

x6wTlIg.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Stunning motor. Well jealous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Cracking car mi16

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

One of the best cars I have seen on this forum.

Absolutely stunning. In my top 5 cars I’d like to own. :)

In years to come, those will be looked upon with the same fondness and the 5 turbo's are now.

Would love one, hate French cars generally, but they do hot hatches really well.

Nice car mi16 but you parked awful close to the kerb in the second pic.

rizzodun wrote: »
    In years to come, those will be looked upon with the same fondness and the 5 turbo's are now.

Would love one, hate French cars generally, but they do hot hatches really well.

appreciate the nice comments folks! French car can be testing but there is something special about their hot hatch recipe. I've had a 205 gti previously and their DNA is is very similar.

Let me dig out a pic of the 205

205 Gti 1.6

definitely one of those "I should never have sold it" cars but after 3 brilliant years I fancied something else and sold it for the first 182 trophy I had. I think I paid 2.2k for it back in 2011:eek:

7WYP7K2.jpg?1

Uqwa0Ah.jpg?2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

mi16 wrote: »
    205 Gti 1.6

definitely one of those "I should never have sold it" cars but after 3 brilliant years I fancied something else and sold it for the first 182 trophy I had. I think I paid 2.2k for it back in 2011:eek:

Ever own anything with an mi16 engine? Just wondering because of your username. :) I recently acquired a Miami blue 205 gti with a mi16 in it, I must get a photo up soon after I do a few bits to it.

• Advertisement

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Ever own anything with an mi16 engine? Just wondering because of your username. :) I recently acquired a Miami blue 205 gti with a mi16 in it, I must get a photo up soon after I do a few bits to it.

Afraid not! This had just a standard 1.6 but my plan was to drop a gti-6 or mi16 into it if the original ever went bang. it never went bang!!

Your car sounds class. I presume it's the irish reg one which was for sale in Wexford recently? I was tempted myself if I had the storage space. Best of luck with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Afraid not! This had just a standard 1.6 but my plan was to drop a gti-6 or mi16 into it if the original ever went bang. it never went bang!!

Your car sounds class. I presume it's the irish reg one which was for sale in Wexford recently? I was tempted myself if I had the storage space. Best of luck with it

That’s the one, lot of jobs to be done to it like timing belt and passenger door lock but we’re hoping to have it on the rood by March. Have another red 1.6 gti that we have stripped to the bare shell ready for painting, and I have a 106 gti as my daily.

appreciate the nice comments folks! French car can be testing but there is something special about their hot hatch recipe. I've had a 205 gti previously and their DNA is is very similar.

Let me dig out a pic of the 205

Ahem. Ever in Sligo? I'd like to take you out for a few drinks. Of course, you'll be doing the drinking, we'll have to use your car because mine is... Err... Parked up, or some such. Don't worry, I'll drive home, eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AF81310_B-_FBE1-4_BC1-_A5_B0-6_F0_C72144782.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Last cars are literally gold dust and I want all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

Clio 182 trophy

This is actually my second one of these, having owned #174/500 a few years ago. Original is best when it comes to these so it's pretty much stock with the Sachs front dampers, Recaros, and other nice trophy bits still intact.

Stunning car. My first car was a little Clio le sport. Nothing as special as this but fond memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

This yoke just rolled over 300000km. :pac:
    Apologies for the close up of the dust!

437792.JPG

437794.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

The misses just stuck a deposit on this.

1.2 Lounge spec (Blue and Me, Sat Nav, half leather, pana roof etc).

Quirky little cool car with some nice features that reminds me of my old Grande Punto :)

257qhyp.jpg

They are a really funky car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I suggested one for my wife - she ruled it out because she thought the front looked too similar to a late 90's Corolla :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Love that car. The wheels with the white hubcaps make it look even better/retro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

1st proper clean of the year, 2 years old this week. Wash, detar, wash, dry and wax = sore arms. Really needs a going over with a DA though, will get it to a pro when the weather improves for the spring

hooch-85 wrote: »
    1st proper clean of the year, 2 years old this week. Wash, detar, wash, dry and wax = sore arms. Really needs a going over with a DA though, will get it to a pro when the weather improves for the spring

Looks immaculate hooch.
    These STs are really growing on me. Would love a belt in one sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Looks immaculate hooch.
    These STs are really growing on me. Would love a belt in one sometime!

Thanks, it looks great in pics but needs a professional detail if I'm honest from the ****ty country roads I drive on. They really are a great car, fast, handle great and pretty frugal to run. 38mpg is my long term average. 280 a year tax and insurance isn't bad either. The ride is a little harsh but it's a compromise you can live with. They are also highly tunable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Bought this for 600 quid today, no Nct and been parked up over a year, very straight car though with 120,000 miles. Quite happy with it, brakes need work also clear coat has faded especially bonnet and roof. May fix it up or break for parts. Not sure yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Very nice, what spec? A 3 door e12 would be very popular with younger drivers I should think, would be a shame to break it!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Very nice, what spec? A 3 door e12 would be very popular with younger drivers I should think, would be a shame to break it!

It’s a T3, boot spoiler, side skirts, rear corner spats and nice blue and black interior (slightly mouldy at present). It has a 1.6 engine though so tax would probably put a lot of people off and that engine also fits into Avensis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

weekaizer wrote: »
    [...] clear coat has faded especially bonnet and roof. [...]
    Famous "Toyota Flaking Red" colour. Nothing unusual. ;)
    [...] A 3 door e12 would be very popular with younger drivers I should think, would be a shame to break it!

True. Especially it's a 1.6 and a facelift, so more than likely not affected by oil burning issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

joujoujou wrote: »

True. Especially it's a 1.6 and a facelift, so more than likely not affected by oil burning issue.

My mother had a 1.6 e12 hatch from new (2004-2013), I struggled to get €2500 for it with less than 40k miles on the clock!

It was auto, but I think the engine size was against it. Most people want either the 1.4 or diesel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] Most people want either the 1.4 or diesel

MOST people, that's right. However younger drivers would be happy with stronger engine instead. I know a few who deliberately looked for 1.6. 95 bhp from 1.4 in 1.3 tonne car is miserable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

95bhp from a n/a 1.4 was pretty good for the day. Imagine how all those 1.4 Golf and Focus owners must have felt with only 75/80bhp.

Also majority of young people may not get a reasonable insurance quote on a 1.6 Corolla compared to a 1.4.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement