Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

That E30 is class Vintage. Love how original it is.

The C6 is also stunning. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

CorkMan_ wrote: »
    1st wash of 2018 today, last washed 26th December and have almost 4k kms done since. Longest I've ever gone without washing a car!

Now that is one nice car! Saw one in Blackrock, Dublin yesterday around lunch time, in that exact colour funnily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Whats visible from yesterdays work - twin exhaust. Yay! :cool:

Fuel economy took a bit of a hit today though as I kept getting the urge to give it some welly for a listen. :o Not much louder, but definitely a better note.

440671.jpg

Need to get a mount welded onto the drivers side as there's none there so the box is currently slightly lower than it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

27336908_1788956684471918_2174574092511503658_n.jpg?oh=c3718bfc658e7cc90713d58b6f38ee21&oe=5B212445

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

166man wrote: »
    That E30 is class Vintage. Love how original it is.

The C6 is also stunning. :cool:

Thank you sir, although I'd say the car is more like Trigger's brush than anything right now. Not sure what was there when it left the factory.

Do you own both SG? :eek::cool:

Top Dog wrote: »
    Do you own both SG? :eek::cool:

Lord no the Charger isn't mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Good day out SG ? Happy with the focus ?

I love that Mondeo great colour combo with the wheels.

Lord no the Charger isn't mine
    Would be nice though biggrin.png
    tossy wrote: »
    They could do with a refurb to be honest. I'm guessing they were only rattle-canned. But I'll get there eventually ... or I'll get a set of 19's off the later Titanium X Sport :eek:

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    Good day out SG ? Happy with the focus ?

Was a fun day out.

Focus had some rich running issues and on the one run it did only managed 268bhp and 330ft/lb as it was in protection mode and ecu pulled timing

Focus had some rich running issues and on the one run it did only managed 268bhp and 330ft/lb as it was in protection mode and ecu pulled timing
    Mapping day or just power runs?

Mapping day or just power runs?

Just a dyno day from Backroads.ie forum.

Alot of 250-300bhp stuff and then a C6 RS6 that blew everything away with 581bhp :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

They could do with a refurb to be honest. I'm guessing they were only rattle-canned. But I'll get there eventually ... or I'll get a set of 19's off the later Titanium X Sport :eek:

Nearly all alloys on the mk3 Mondeos go to **** after a while but the STs were more prone to it.

Nearly all alloys on the mk3 Mondeos go to **** after a while but the STs were more prone to it.
    Yeah, the diamond polishing went to s**t with the slightest curbing. The split-rim style Ronal's were a little more durable, but I've a slight hankering for something different. 19" Titanium X Sport alloys seem to be like hens teeth second-hand ... so of course I now want them :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

39446555344_867b309018_c.jpg2018-02-08_10-30-59 by Gavin Delaney, on Flickr

Meant to post this the other week, the ST was in for its 2nd service and was parked next to the RS when I was collecting it. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

While everyone seems to posting STs...

My new pride and joy, fresh off the ferry. Better pics to come!

20180209_020917.jpg

20180209_020946.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

That's tasty. These are great value at the minute. Any tweaks done to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Gorgeous gorgeous ST - well wear!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Love the colour. Well wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

At the last trackdays.ie event

6CUkmmw.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Thanks lads. No modifications at all, completely standard. Really enjoyed the drive back. The noise it makes under heavy throttle brings a smile every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

After 7 months of A3 after A3 after A3, I got a different motor yesterday.

441153.jpg

Pic from inside the compound rather than me being in prison :D

Quite impressed with in the short time I've had it - much larger than I thought on the inside and has the touch screen Nav as standard with BMW Connected services - electric tailgate as well. Just a shame it's FWD, Manual and Cloth interior - at least it's a 2 litre 150ps engine so much better than the 1.6Tdi 116ps in the last few A3's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Well wear with the new car.

It’s hardly going to make much of a difference if it was RWD realistically!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Pic from inside the compound rather than me being in prison :D

Quite impressed with in the short time I've had it - much larger than I thought on the inside and has the touch screen Nav as standard with BMW Connected services - electric tailgate as well. Just a shame it's FWD, Manual and Cloth interior - at least it's a 2 litre 150ps engine so much better than the 1.6Tdi 116ps in the last few A3's[/quote]

Have you looked or been in the new x3 yet? Talk of one coming into the family at the moment but no test drive yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

^ oh your dad would have never made that mistake.

pippip wrote: »
    ^ oh your dad would have never made that mistake.

Uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Uncle.

Not what I was talking about.....check thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Uncle.

The pic quote dude!

pippip wrote: »
    Not what I was talking about.....check thread title.

Whoooops!!!!! Thanks buddy!!

Have you looked or been in the new x3 yet? Talk of one coming into the family at the moment but no test drive yet.

Followed one in to a BMW dealer a few weeks ago but that's as close as I've been to one so far. Looks good from the outside and should have all the new interior from the rest of the range so that will be nice.

If it isn't ordered already then you'll be waiting a while as there's a backlog on orders - being quoted about 5 months for delivery on fresh orders..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

GavRedKing wrote: »
    [/url], on Flickr

Meant to post this the other week, the ST was in for its 2nd service and was parked next to the RS when I was collecting it. :o

That focus RS is on Donedeal for €40,000, no offers!

R.O.R wrote: »
    Followed one in to a BMW dealer a few weeks ago but that's as close as I've been to one so far. Looks good from the outside and should have all the new interior from the rest of the range so that will be nice.

If it isn't ordered already then you'll be waiting a while as there's a backlog on orders - being quoted about 5 months for delivery on fresh orders..

Not sure what she is doing. Might break away from BMW yet. Have you any opinion on the GLC or an Evoque?

Not sure what she is doing. Might break away from BMW yet. Have you any opinion on the GLC or an Evoque?

Supplied a GLC late last year and got a call earlier this year to say she hates it and how much to change..

Evoque is getting on a bit now. XC60 is the one to go for in that segment but there's supply issue with that and pretty much everything in that sector. Only reasonable delivery times are on JLR products and I'll still wait for an XC60 for 182 delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

bladebrew wrote: »
    That focus RS is on Donedeal for €40,000, no offers!

I know where he got it and what he paid for it in England but I think at that price point, he might be keeping it for awhile.

CAB, where I got my ST and where that picture was taken, have a black MK3 161 RS priced at about 44/45k but its been there about 14-18months at this stage, its an ex-demo model, if you offered them 40k, I'd say theyed tear your hand off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I know where he got it and what he paid for it in England but I think at that price point, he might be keeping it for awhile.

CAB, where I got my ST and where that picture was taken, have a black MK3 161 RS priced at about 44/45k but its been there about 14-18months at this stage, its an ex-demo model, if you offered them 40k, I'd say theyed tear your hand off.

I kinda got a vibe that CAB are sticky on pricing. There was a Spirit Blue focus ST there when I was buying my ST that I was chatting to the dealer about. He said it was regd not long before Ford Ireland dropped the price of the FoST so it was for sale second hand around the same money as a brand new one. I asked him if they'd take an offer on it but he said there was no room to manoeuvre on it. It was there for months and months after that and never had the price reduction. Not sure where it ever wound up though. That black RS was the one that the boss man was driving for a few months iirc, I saw it around Douglas a bunch if times back when they landed here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

No way he'll get 40k for that green RS. Better off exporting it back and getting the VRT rebate. There was a lovely original Irish mk2 RS on done deal the other day, only 53kms or something on it for 27k. That's a bit more realistic pricing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Winter strikes back!

441310.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

ux1Yp69.jpg
    At least the snow hides some of the dirt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

That is class!

• Advertisement

Snowy Sunday :D

441380.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

This is my e39 530d. I thought it looked well.

Number place to be fitted during the week.

And need to take off the roof rack..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

So that's where the phrase 'cold enough to freeze the bumper off a Ford Focus' comes from!

Always wondered about that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

endacl wrote: »
    So that's where the phrase 'cold enough to freeze the bumper off a Ford Focus' comes from!

Always wondered about that...
    You might want to refocus there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

vintagevrs wrote: »

Lay off him it's close to Mondayeo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Lay off him it's close to Mondayeo.
    :o:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

This is my e39 530d. I thought it looked well.

Number place to be fitted during the week.

And need to take off the roof rack..

Well wear, looks lovely, and of course E39s are just superb cars, even today they still look the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Ursummupet

Great car, just don't do the number plate thing..
    :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Did I see your ST in Charlestown yesterday ?

Did I see your ST in Charlestown yesterday ?
    Wouldn't have been me - never went more than 3 miles from home yesterday, and I'm in Cork ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Ursummupet wrote: »
    Great car, just don't do the number plate thing..
    :-(

What's the number plate thing ?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement