Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

Top Dog wrote: »
    Wouldn't have been me - never went more than 3 miles from home yesterday, and I'm in Cork ;)

Ah right, I seen an imported one yesterday with the same dark wheels. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's the number plate thing ?

Presume he means using the brackets on the passenger side and possibly fitting a square yellow German plate or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I kinda got a vibe that CAB are sticky on pricing. There was a Spirit Blue focus ST there when I was buying my ST that I was chatting to the dealer about. He said it was regd not long before Ford Ireland dropped the price of the FoST so it was for sale second hand around the same money as a brand new one. I asked him if they'd take an offer on it but he said there was no room to manoeuvre on it. It was there for months and months after that and never had the price reduction. Not sure where it ever wound up though. That black RS was the one that the boss man was driving for a few months iirc, I saw it around Douglas a bunch if times back when they landed here

I dont know, I'd say there would be some wiggle room, the Focus is being replaced soon and I'd say if they got a reasonable offer on the 2nd hand RS, theyed sell it. I drove it one back in the summer of 2016, just as they were about to advertise it and fell in love with it, I didnt like the the options or lack thereof though and herself wanted to save for more practical things like a mortgage so ddint end up buying it but its only come down by about €1k in those 18 months or so. The have a new black un-registered RS in the showroom thats far better equipped but good luck trying to get much off that. :o
    hooch-85 wrote: »
    No way he'll get 40k for that green RS. Better off exporting it back and getting the VRT rebate. There was a lovely original Irish mk2 RS on done deal the other day, only 53kms or something on it for 27k. That's a bit more realistic pricing.

It was only imported in October or November I'm sure, I'm not positive but if he has bought it in to flip it, I think hes priced it seriously high and will have to wait some time for the right buyer, not taking anything away from the car, its a brillaint example but personally, I'd go to the UK and source my own one if I was going down the Mk 2 RS route.

I'd say the Irish one is serious value so, theyre still fetching 20-25k in England for similar mileage but a lot of them have had Mountune, Revo or CP power upgrades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Presume he means using the brackets on the passenger side and possibly fitting a square yellow German plate or something

I saw a hearse yesterday with a German font plate, looked pure tack and utterly out of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I saw a hearse yesterday with a German font plate, looked pure tack and utterly out of place.

I wouldn't be seen dead in that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Maybe it was the last wish of the Person in the back ? They wanted their last car journey in a hearse with German plates and a straight pipe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

tossy wrote: »
    Maybe it was the last wish of the Person in the back ? They wanted their last car journey in a hearse with German plates and a straight pipe.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My last wish is that the hearse is driven fast and doesn't hold up traffic. Feck people walking behind the hearse....everyone in their car and let them keep up :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Saw a motorbike with a coffin in the side car a week ago. Driving the van, so no pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

My last wish is that the hearse is driven fast and doesn't hold up traffic. Feck people walking behind the hearse....everyone in their car and let them keep up :D

One in the UK was caught doing 130mph in a Jag one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

New tip of the nose. ;)

441607.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Are you the only Corolla Club Polska member in Ireland? :P

What is that logo jou? Same one you had on the previous 'rolla?

What is that logo jou? Same one you had on the previous 'rolla?

TTE? Toyota Team Europe, think they are just an emblem.

bear1 wrote: »
    TTE? Toyota Team Europe, think they are just an emblem.

No, I meant what he replaced the Toyota logo with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,865 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

No, I meant what he replaced the Toyota logo with.

Run x grille methinks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

The logo exactly like that is on JDM Corollas since '00 (unsure if on all of them, but definately on many). And yes, I had identical one on previous 'rolla. :)

By the way, older JDM corollas had their own logos as well -

AE111:

e11.jpg

AE100, even 2 different versions:

e10.jpg
    e10-2.jpg

=============

I am not the only Corolla Club Polska member in Ireland (there are 3 more), but the last still owning one. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

My parents had a diesel corolla jap import in late 90's with a different logo on the front. I think it was the last one above but it had a Toyota one on the back same as my current AE111, Toyota on the back and different on the front.

Is it true that Toyota don't sell the Corolla in the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

wonski wrote: »
    Bought this 1.8 s40 with a write-off mileage (285k km:eek:) for €900.

NCT 03/18, heated leather seats in fair condition, xenons, air con, electric seats with memory, cruise control etc.

Only thing missing is a sunroof and a bit of paint at rear wheel arch as someone reversed it into a pillar or something. Not very visible and there is a stamped book with 20k services done every year (unusual).

Not perfect, but hoping to get a year or two from it. Lot of a car for the money I paid for it:

Wish me luck :)

We all love bangeromics success stories, don't we?

441622.jpg

So I wasn't expecting to do such a high mileage tbh.

I normally do 10-12k a year.

Just serviced it again (at that mileage I would rather do it now, just in case). Will need to change front discs and pads soon as the steering wheel starts shaking a bit when braking (warped discs I guess).

Another thing is engine mounts - cabin got noisy lately and that's what the mechanic recons should fix it.

Other than that a reliable car for last 8 months.

NCT due in few weeks, we will see how it goes:)

Seriously? Why is that? So I wonder if the British come over and export corollas over :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The British just don't like small saloons.

The only small saloon I can think of that sells in any numbers in the UK is the A3 saloon or CLA and that’s cos they’re just miniaturized exec saloons.

I just did some googling and yeah people seem a bit pissed off that they don't get it there.
    Astra saloons and fluences are not sold there at all.
    Quite surprising to think that the small saloon market here seems to be bigger than the UK.

Edit: took a gander at fiat UK and as well the saloon tipo isn't available.

• Advertisement

Hatchbacks were always far more popular in the uk. Even when they did sell the saloon corolla over there it was a very rare sight to see one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

The Bond fleet in the snow/hail.

Xs9e5Oy.jpg

Qw4Rbus.jpg

1w6kwo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Your E36 looks lovely, and, best of all, it has correct number of cylinders, too:).

• Advertisement

Your E36 looks lovely, and, best of all, it has correct number of cylinders, too:).

Thanks a million. We aren't talking at the moment, however. Had her out for the NCT and she failed as the tester couldn't get the bonnet to reclose. Also the brake lines need doing and it is a messy enough job involving dropping the rear subframe I believe. Hopefully not too many hours labour, thank God I have access to parts. Other than that, the tester said it was a shame to fail it as it is in great nick altogether.

Did you get lovely fail dangerous sticker?

Happened to me once with a dodgy bonnet lock.

Took the mechanic 3 minutes to fix (not a beemer).

wonski wrote: »
    Did you get lovely fail dangerous sticker?

Happened to me once with a dodgy bonnet lock.

Took the mechanic 3 minutes to fix (not a beemer).

I did indeed. Fell off though....

It's dangerous enough a dodgy bonnet as I was driving along one time and my bonnet flew up and busted the windscreen, scared the living bejayus out of me. In them few seconds until realizing what happened a lot of scenarios crossed my mind as to what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

. In them few seconds until realizing what happened a lot of scenarios crossed my mind as to what happened.

Bet you said "whats going on"...

I'll get me coat :)

It's dangerous enough a dodgy bonnet as I was driving along one time and my bonnet flew up and busted the windscreen, scared the living bejayus out of me. In them few seconds until realizing what happened a lot of scenarios crossed my mind as to what happened.

It is, mine however could be closed with a bit of practice and after a quick chat to the tester I was let go. He did ensure the sticker was attached with very little force ;)

Wailin wrote: »
    Bet you said "whats going on"...

I'll get me coat :)

No that's not what i was thinking at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Thanks a million. We aren't talking at the moment, however. Had her out for the NCT and she failed as the tester couldn't get the bonnet to reclose. Also the brake lines need doing and it is a messy enough job involving dropping the rear subframe I believe. Hopefully not too many hours labour, thank God I have access to parts. Other than that, the tester said it was a shame to fail it as it is in great nick altogether.

Ah yeah that's fairly typical with BMWs, when it comes to things going wrong, it never rains, it always pours. But once you've it sorted you'll be able to enjoy six cylinder petrol and rear wheel drive loveliness once more!

Saftey catch was still holding it. I was travelling the childers road, in Limerick at rush hour so I didn't go over 20kmph. I mean the recovery truck didn't go over 20kmph.

Ah yeah that's fairly typical with BMWs, when it comes to things going wrong, it never rains, it always pours. But once you've it sorted you'll be able to enjoy six cylinder petrol and rear wheel drive loveliness once more!

No pinteens or takeaways for lent so I can hopefully save a few bob to get it done. As it is my weekend toy, everything comes out of my own pocket money after all other stuff is paid so it will have to wait a while but as you say it will be all good. I plan to give the cooling system a total overhaul too and have the parts already so I think I'll gather parts over the next few months and then hand it to the mechanic with a long list of stuff to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

First full clean of the year (and a shameless plug that she's up for sale :)).

Going to miss her but need to get a family(ish) machine.

KNS wrote: »
    First full clean of the year (and a shameless plug that she's up for sale :)).

Going to miss her but need to get a family(ish) machine.

Lovely car, that makes two nice TTS's up for sale at the moment, I have it's stable mate an S3 be hard to let it go. Would you look at S3 sprotbacks etc as a family car option or does it have to be sensible?

Lovely car, that makes two nice TTS's up for sale at the moment, I have it's stable mate an S3 be hard to let it go. Would you look at S3 sprotbacks etc as a family car option or does it have to be sensible?

Seriously going to miss her. Even driving at the weekend the power in them is seriously underrated. Took about 6-12 months of waiting at the time for one to come up in Ireland.

The S3 Sportsback was on my list but we'd have two hatchbacks for carting around buggies etc for two smallies for trips home.

Don't know what to go for. Plan is to sell the TTS first and then hopefully be in a better position with cash. Looking around heading up north might be the best option. The 3 series touring 330 xdrive was on the list for a while.

KNS wrote: »
    Seriously going to miss her. Even driving at the weekend the power in them is seriously underrated. Took about 6-12 months of waiting at the time for one to come up in Ireland.

The S3 Sportsback was on my list but we'd have two hatchbacks for carting around buggies etc for two smallies for trips home.

Don't know what to go for. Plan is to sell the TTS first and then hopefully be in a better position with cash. Looking around heading up north might be the best option. The 3 series touring 330 xdrive was on the list for a while.

Not a bad family wagon at all, a 2.0T or 3.0TDI audi avant of some sort would be nice too.

Not a bad family wagon at all, a 2.0T or 3.0TDI audi avant of some sort would be nice too.

Was a beautiful 3.0 A6 Avant in Audi Cork that's since been sold. Just wasn't in a position to go for it.

I've a feeling there's what I'd like and what I end up will be miles apart :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Got some Bilt Hamber stuff delivered yesterday so just did a wash there while the rain stayed away.

Auto-Wheel seems better than Iron X.

130_A7_C34-264_F-4998-_AFB3-_C68052_A90_E00.png

Gave the bonnet a test run of their Double Speed Wax too, nice and shiny.

68_A7920_A-1_FB1-4_A93-_A8_F4-07173_C94665_B.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Skoda meet, you'll notice two rare orange ones in the background.

IMG_20180218_185705_694.jpg

Great to see the old and new models side by side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jimbis

Speaking of orange.... This has been my A to B car for the past few years. Up for sale now though

442113.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The orange Skoda has a sunroof ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement