Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

M17 you must have been selling those pictures you took of the motorway being built. :pac: :P :cool:

Nice car all the same. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

a4_09mar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

This looked a lot cooler in real life but I'm posting it now anyhow!

20180310_174006.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Badger2009

40037323264_826023f8da_z.jpg

Quick wash today. (Yes, I know the 500 needs a wheel cap!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Just give the two cars a bathIMAG11005_zpsv4u356q8.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

It's nice to see cars coming back into style which are a color other than black, white, grey or silver.

Fantastic way of finding my VW in the lot. "Where's the blue car in these three rows...?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

The 47 year old bit of fun and the 20 year old daily :-D

xarlp0.jpg

You'd never think they have the same heart :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is the Triumph running a Toyota engine?

• Advertisement

Correct, a reliable Toyota heart! :-)

Cool! Is it a 1331cc EFI like a last gen starlet or a 129-whatever cc from before that?

It's a 1331.

There's an excellent build thread if you have half a day going spare https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197258 .

Damn you photobucket.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

SpitfireIV wrote: »
    The 47 year old bit of fun and the 20 year old daily :-D
    Both looking great. Your 20 year old daily looks in great nick.

I suppose, for a nice change I should contribute to the thread. From a couple of months back, my 20 year old daily.

445320.jpg
    Quick phone snap, that oddly worked out. Given these have a B-Series engine I thought the "B" on the pillars worked. The daft old thing is still going anyway.

Sadly don't have any 47 year old bit of fun. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Is that a DC2 Type R? How come it has a low rise spoiler?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The high rise spoiler sat right in the middle of the rearview mirror hidden Garda zone. :D Plus it didn't have a third brake light in the rear screen(option delete. Other than the A/C it was fully option delete. No ABS, airbags, radio, clock, parcel shelf). And was a little too pimp my ride and noticeable to the less salubrious members of society at the time. Aero wise it was only noticeable above 80 odd MPH anyway. The low spoiler does the job at normal speeds. I still have the high rise wing though.

Funny enough over the years I have seen a couple of DC2 and especially DB8 Tegs that came from the Japanese dealers with the lower spoiler. EG:

Seems it was a dealer option for those who wanted it. I have a couple of Honda Access brochures from the time and the joke is the low spoiler is dearer than the high wing. IIRC 60,000 Yen compared to 40,000. Makes sense as it has the LED brake light. It's also better made(and lighter). The R spoiler is glass fibre and a bit "homemade" under the paint. At least the early ones were.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

My rental for a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

mloc123 wrote: »
    My rental for a week.

I got one today as well. Absolute weapon. Delighted with it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Guessing a Mustang

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Guessing a Mustang

Correct. I feel like a child at christmas with it :pac:

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    The high rise spoiler sat right in the middle of the rearview mirror hidden Garda zone.

I prefer the high rise spoiler myself but I would be biased as all my old cars and current car have and had them. Mirage Asti Rx Version R, Impreza WRX and current Levin BZ-R. You get used to the spoiler blocking a small bit of the rear view mirror.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

rearview mirror hidden Garda zone.

Crouching Integra Hidden Garda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Was time for a new daily. S2000 can come back out for summer.

Said I'd never buy a diesel but these things happen. F30 320d Sport in mineral white with M Performance styling.

EaiftMx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

More than likely the last long drive I'll have in the S40. Have it sold to a guy who's picking it up this weekend.

Have done 130k km in it over the past 4 years with almost no issues beyond general maintenance. I'll really miss it to be honest. Not even selling it for the money as I'm not getting very much given it's mileage, I just have nowhere to keep it.

Here she is about an hour ago on the M4. Passed less than 10 cars on the road from Tuam to the M50.

So, I sold the S40 last week and picked this up over the weekend in the UK.

E300 BlueTEC Hybrid. 201bhp Diesel + 27bhp electric motor, and 500NM of torque make it an effortless drive. The 7 speed auto is lovely and smooth for the most part, but the change from electric pull away to diesel start can give a bit of a rumble though the cabin.

High-ish mileage but it genuinely appears to have sat on the motorway all it's life and has a pretty complete MB main dealer service history. Kind of hoping that anything big that can go wrong has gone wrong at this stage, and it's wear and tear from here on in.

445388.jpg

I prefer the high rise spoiler myself but I would be biased as all my old cars and current car have and had them.
    True and it looks much cooler with the wing. Though I found it rattles a fair bit and given those yokes are a noise, vibration and harshness(NVH) demonstrator on wheels as it is... If I ever raced it I'd look for sponsorship from a hearing aid maker or a spine physio. :D Though like I say I have the original wing. I've actually three wings. And three wheel sets: JDM Civic 15's for snow, JDM 16's and the daily EDM 15's). Spare body panels too. Cos I'm a bit mad like. :o And they came up for next to nothing down the years.

earlier today digging around by chance I found the original Japanese auction pic.

445406.jpeg

And the auction report.

445408.jpg

From back in 04/05. Even got the Honda stamped service sheets and all that with it. I'm the second owner

Said I'd never buy a diesel but these things happen. F30 320d Sport in mineral white with M Perfromance styling.
    That's a fantastic looking beast. Well may you wear IS. Bloody Love the wheels. And an S2000 for summer? Niiiice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

That's a fantastic looking beast. Well may you wear IS. Bloody Love the wheels. And an S2000 for summer? Niiiice. :)

Thanks :D Wheels are 19's but still rides like a sofa compared to the S. S is at 185k miles now so didn't want to daily her anymore! Get to look forward to driving it even more now tho! :pac:

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Cool! Is it a 1331cc EFI like a last gen starlet or a 129-whatever cc from before that?

1332 4EFE from a 96 EP91 Starlet, its mated to the Triumph 4 speed box with overdrive. As well as the Toyota engine I used the ECU, complete wiring harness front to back, radiator, fuel pump.....and tires!! :P

It's a 1331.

There's an excellent build thread if you have half a day going spare https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057197258 .
    Damn you photobucket.

Sorry guys, bit of a pain, I used to link the images directly from Facebook and for whatever reason after a few months they'd disapear! :(

I have a few vids on Youtube from later in the project though if you click HERE.

Both looking great. Your 20 year old daily looks in great nick.

I suppose, for a nice change I should contribute to the thread. From a couple of months back, my 20 year old daily.

Sadly don't have any 47 year old bit of fun. :D

Cheers! :) Yours looks great too and is holding up pretty damn good style wise I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Better pic of my rental... Fun to drive, power feels a little lazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Alloys are pretty cheap looking if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Chris st the facelift has done the Mustang no favours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

mloc123 wrote: »
    Better pic of my rental... Fun to drive, power feels a little lazy

Sure it's not much faster than your superb. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Brought here out for a test drive OMG totally awesome
    IMAG12008_zpsukatnxzb.jpg
    IMAG12010_zpsztq8jzrw.jpg
    IMAG12011_zps4noohil1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Hmmm the interior is very Tan.....

Truckermal wrote: »

Good thing the car isn't black.

I'll get my coat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Truckermal wrote: »

Jesus, looks like Dale Winston vomitted on David Dickinson.

It’s actually class in the flesh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This looked a lot cooler in real life but I'm posting it now anyhow!
    More like....?

20180310_174006_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

A different type of snow...

39899434845_dc835c4a7f_c.jpg
    39899434645_7e40756deb_c.jpg
    39899435145_80982300b9_c.jpg
    39899434385_226eefa39b_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭KNS

Chalk and cheese to the TTS but needed something practical. Sense had to win over.

She’s fairly well spec’d (in my eyes). Highline 2 liter, full leather, parking sensors, all the auto stuff that’s standard now, xenon lights etc. Although it’s not the latest model it felt more comfortable to drive. Plesently surprised at the power but i think a better set of tyres will go a long way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭kirving

KNS wrote: »
    Chalk and cheese to the TTS but needed something practical. Sense had to win over.

She’s fairly well spec’d (in my eyes). Highline 2 liter, full leather, parking sensors, all the auto stuff that’s standard now, xenon lights etc. Although it’s not the latest model it felt more comfortable to drive. Plesently surprised at the power but i think a better set of tyres will go a long way.

Definitely a nice spec alright, the lights in particular always make a car so much sharper. Drove a new Passat recently and while I loved the car, the seats let it down hugely for me - no surprise you felt yours is more comfortable to drive. Well wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭morritty

Most recent upgrade
    1533031_D-_E8_B4-4599-9_AED-_DE055_C9310_A8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭steveshort

I got the car painted and polished , happy with the results

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Wailin wrote: »
    A different type of snow...

That's gorgeous! 535d by the looks of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

That's gorgeous! 535d by the looks of it?

Yeah 535d, have it 5 months now and enjoying it. Had a 525d f11 before it and big difference in power and refinement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

This is my future car :D (still concept at the moment...)

01-hyundai-le-fil-rouge-geneva-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,240 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is that the new Accent?

For a second I thought it was a revised version of the civic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Asmooh

445921.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Quick pic of the new arrival. A6 S-Line black edition.

39075018960_ece871da8b_c.jpg

Jesus that A6 has some great anti theft features. It can turn invisible.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement