Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Quick pic of the new arrival. A6 S-Line black edition.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/793/39075018960_ece871da8b_c.jpg

That's a class car will wear that black edition with those 20 inch alloys are the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’d change my reply if I were you ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Lovely.

Had her over the weekend didn't want to give her back
    IMAG12020_zpskdrvz95d.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

a4_19mar.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

My nippy ould Skoda just hit 150k been a reliable work house

Jpg ness

Left in my 10 year old Toyota avensis for its 19th service next service 300,000kms
    IMAG3142_zpszprdvbmx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

davycc wrote: »
    Octavia

Not to jynx you or anything but theres a chap very near myself breaking one if you find yourself in need of anything! You might have seen it around, red one?

Yeah I need a second hand red passenger side door mashed my own reversing into garden one night recently pm on the way thanks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Jesus... I'm impressed with M17. My Audi's about at 130,000 miles, and I'm to the point that I worry about taking it on a long road trip. (Granted, around here, that's 500 miles+ each way).

The S4s of 2005 or so had a habit of having the timing chain wear through the guides somewhere at 125,000. Fixing it requires pulling the engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

In miles it's 177k which is quite ok for those Toyotas.
    I had a 98 avensis once and I got it over a quarter of a million miles before moving it on.
    It blew the head gasket which was then rad welded :D 90e later and never again an issue with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

The S4s of 2005 or so had a habit of having the timing chain wear through the guides somewhere at 125,000. Fixing it requires pulling the engine.

There is no such thing as an Audi S car that's going to pass 150k without emptying your pockets :(:D If you are lucky it will just slowly bleed you dry rather than just announce at once it's leaving and taking half of everything you own.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

Looking through some old photos and came across this. I had the car 6/7 months and spent a weekend correcting the swirls inflected by the dealer.
    (I can still remember the pain in my arms and back from using the DA:()

IMG_1716.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Looking through some old photos and came across this. I had the car 6/7 months and spent a weekend correcting the swirls inflected by the dealer.

IMG_1716.jpg

Polishing cars is a young man's game - hence why I don't do it commercially any more :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

Polishing cars is a young man's game - hence why I don't do it commercially any more :pac:

Out of interest, Can I ask what you changed your career to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭rizzee

job seeker wrote: »

Apt username :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭job seeker

rizzee wrote: »
    Apt username :pac:

:D

I'm hoping he'll put in a good word for me.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

IMG_1716.jpg

Do you still have that car?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

bear1 wrote: »
    In miles it's 177k which is quite ok for those Toyotas.
    I had a 98 avensis once and I got it over a quarter of a million miles before moving it on.
    It blew the head gasket which was then rad welded :D 90e later and never again an issue with it.

177k is only warming up for a Toyota, I know someone with a 2000 VVTi Corolla that's on nearly 255,000 miles, while my parents have a 2005 1.8 VVTi on over 200,000 miles and a 2010 D-4D with about 198,000 miles. They all have a thirst for oil (like every VVTi engined Toyota), but other than there's fear of them.

That old 1.6 is impossible to kill really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

177k is only warming up for a Toyota, I know someone with a 2000 VVTi Corolla that's on nearly 255,000 miles, while my parents have a 2005 1.8 VVTi on over 200,000 miles and a 2010 D-4D with about 198,000 miles. They all have a thirst for oil (like every inappropriately serviced VVTi engined Toyota), but other than there's fear of them.

That old 1.6 is impossible to kill really.

Fixed that for you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

job seeker wrote: »

Master butcher clearly.

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Do you still have that car?

I do indeed. PCP term is set to expire end of the year so will need to make a decision on whether to keep it or move it on.

Ah cool, just the way I read the original post, it looked liked you only had kept the car 6/7 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

joujoujou wrote: »
    Fixed that for you. :)

Ours are serviced religiously every 15,000 km as per the guidelines, and we've had them from brand new so I know they've been looked after but they still like some! The older VVTis just love oil full stop (apart from the ones Toyota recalled and replaced the short block on, of course).

• Advertisement
    Unregistered Users

^^ That's the point. ^^ My two VVTIs are serviced every 8000 km with proper grade of oil and not even a drop of oil is missing between services full stop.

If you go manufacturer's 20 years old guidelines, they will take oil. If you follow careful owner's experience - they won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

joujoujou wrote: »
    ^^ That's the point. ^^ My two VVTIs are serviced every 8000 km with proper grade of oil and not even a drop of oil is missing between services full stop.

If you go manufacturer's 20 years old guidelines, they will take oil. If you follow careful owner's experience - they won't.

Ah they burn it anyway even with proper servicing, the older ones that is. The revised vtti from late 2005 don't burn oil, or at least I haven't seen it happen on any or experienced it with my e12.

My e11's burned a drop though but not much, this was despite one of them having a full toyota service history and being in immaculate condition and extremely well cared for.

Unregistered Users

That's not true they all burn, but I've no time nor will to convince anyone. I don't care.

Let's not get into the oil burning debate again folks. Leave it there.

Just leaving in my work horse in for a wash and polish IMAG3156_zpsvushuacq.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

446289.jpeg

446290.jpeg

I tried to embed the pics but failed again, back to school for me I think

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

OmegaGene wrote: »

Nice, what speed auto box is in that? I've driven the 9 speed a few times in the E220, is the C220 a 7 speed?

Nice, what speed auto box is in that? I've driven the 9 speed a few times in the E220, is the C220 a 7 speed?

Yeah 7 speed, I’ve have it 6 weeks now and I’m enjoying it, it’s my first merc
    Sports + is great fun

OmegaGene wrote: »
    446289.jpeg

446290.jpeg

Supervalu....

Well ware, with the new motor.

Supervalu....

Well ware, with the new motor.

It’s a great spot for pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Well wear with that beautiful Merc :)

It’s nice to see another Merc around too many BMW’s around ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

Autosport wrote: »
    It’s nice to see another Merc around too many BMW’s around ;):D

Well, since you reminded me :pac:

40941728721_712ed1bf00_b.jpg
    40941728921_a8cd33093e_b.jpg
    40233205134_b642596f9f_b.jpg
    40233205424_ee78dd14a7_b.jpg

Brought here for a run this morning epic the only down fall that she is left hand drive
    IMAG12335_zpsxgpvc3tc.jpeginside the cabin
    IMAG12334_zpsiqlur44k.jpeg

Wailin wrote: »

That looks sooo good!!!

That looks sooo good!!!

Thanks MM. Had it ceramic coated back in January, makes washing a breeze and really brings it to life. Dark colours need plenty of tlc or they just look dull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Does it piss you off that you paid your good money to have the twin exhausts and its a nod to the enthuast that you got the proper engine, but now every g30 has twins even if there is a rat on a wheel smoking a cigar, under the bonnet....Nice motor BTW, nice to see such a clean car this time of year.

Does it piss you off that you paid your good money to have the twin exhausts and its a nod to the enthuast that you got the proper engine, but now every g30 has twins even if there is a rat on a wheel smoking a cigar, under the bonnet....Nice motor BTW, nice to see such a clean car this time of year.

No I actually couldn't care less fitz! I was looking at some nice 530d's as well but the spec of that particular 535 was better than anything else, has a few extras beyond the usual m sport plus package and sat nav pro.

Probably in the minority here but I don't actually like what BMW have done with the G30. Interior is better than f10 but exterior does nothing for me. Basically just a bigger version of the 3 series.

Those twin exhausts on the g30 m sport look ridiculous btw when you can see the 'real' pipes behind the 'fake' ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

The have created a new kind of model envy in the G30 though, round exhaust for SE and letter box for M sport. It's the middle rear headrest of 2018 :D

That looks sooo good!!!

That's a cracking bmw 535 with 313 bhp well waer

IMG_20180324_170843.jpg
    IMG_20180324_170918.jpg
    videotogif_2018.03.24_17.56.15.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Well gave her the first clean of the summer and my first go at a proper home detailing. I still thinking I'm doing the waxing wrong but as a first go ill take it

446423.jpg

446424.jpg

446425.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

No I actually couldn't care less fitz! I was looking at some nice 530d's as well but the spec of that particular 535 was better than anything else, has a few extras beyond the usual m sport plus package and sat nav pro.

Probably in the minority here but I don't actually like what BMW have done with the G30. Interior is better than f10 but exterior does nothing for me. Basically just a bigger version of the 3 series.

Those twin exhausts on the g30 m sport look ridiculous btw when you can see the 'real' pipes behind the 'fake' ones.

Seem you got to caring by the end of that post ;) Yeah I dont think much of the g30. The f10 was a big improvement over the e60 but the g30 is very non-descript. Spy shots of the new 3 series are not filling me with enthusiasm either. The new 8 series...now thats a thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

@vintagevrs Nice to see an unmolested e46.

I've a set of 20mm wheel spacers there you're welcome to them, they'd be a fantastic addition to your rear wheels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,479 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Love that colour on the Focus

• Advertisement

Seem you got to caring by the end of that post ;) Yeah I dont think much of the g30. The f10 was a big improvement over the e60 but the g30 is very non-descript. Spy shots of the new 3 series are not filling me with enthusiasm either. The new 8 series...now thats a thing.

Haha no, one passed me the other day and couldn't believe it when I saw the wide exhausts are fake and just part of the bumper. Never knew that. They basically just copied mercedes.

Saw the new M5 in Quinns last week...now that looked just glorious.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement