Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

@vintagevrs Nice to see an unmolested e46.

I've a set of 20mm wheel spacers there you're welcome to them, they'd be a fantastic addition to your rear wheels.

Thanks for the offer, I'll get in touch if I take you up on it. Still trying to sort other little bits and pieces on the car. This car was bought so id spend less time working out in the garage and fiddling with ****. Plan isn't working so far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

@ vintagevrs - I'd say if you weren't tinkering with it you would probably just get bored of it quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer, I'll get in touch if I take you up on it. Still trying to sort other little bits and pieces on the car. This car was bought so id spend less time working out in the garage and fiddling with ****. Plan isn't working so far :)

You're not gonna have much fun with that engine tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

AH here....6 cylinder BMW is a grand engine. I have had plenty of fun in far less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ah now, he just got the thing, don't shít on his parade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Had plenty of fun with my 6 cyl 3er, even if it was the smallest available. You are still going to be quicker than 90% of road users I would imagine.

Ah now, he just got the thing, don't shít on his parade.

Let me clarify! I didn't mean fun as I'm turning crossroads black... the one I had had vanos trouble as well as a bunch of other things, it was never on the road. My buddy who bought one at the same time still has his and it hasn't moved in over a year, vanos problems again.

When they're good they're good though! Well wear it's a cracking looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Hopefully i have better luck with this one. It's just for cruising to work in a little bit of comfort, doubt there's enough power in it to have any crossroads or cones worrying :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Let me clarify! I didn't mean fun as I'm turning crossroads black... the one I had had vanos trouble as well as a bunch of other things, it was never on the road. My buddy who bought one at the same time still has his and it hasn't moved in over a year, vanos problems again.

When they're good they're good though! Well wear it's a cracking looking car.

Jesus thats an even worse comment, you pissed on his chips and followed up with a big turd on them there.

Jesus thats an even worse comment, you pissed on his chips and followed up with a big turd on them there.

I can't win.

Let me try again.

Great cars, definitely won't have any problems. 1000%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

In her new home:

40096385065_48a10f92ef_c.jpg

40947884552_cf8e00e4d7_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got a wash for the first time in ages!
    2mpa0qd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

The wife went for an upgrade
    IMAG13040_zpsdfwrevog.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

m17 wrote: »
    The wife went for an upgrade

Did they give you scrappage on her!!??:D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

300px-Bahdumtish2.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Popped up to the Cork Car Show today with work, found a very similar engine in a not so similar car :D

gjgZQx1h.jpg

utdCn2Nh.jpg

8sFljNwh.jpg

Jj4QPxhh.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Just before dusk, always the best light.

Rub7VWy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,292 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Very very nice voodoo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

Fresh coat of wax.

640%20253180-L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,838 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

What are you using to get that shine markN
    It’s like a mirror

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭MarkN

OmegaGene wrote: »
    What are you using to get that shine markN
    It’s like a mirror

50 Cal Pentawax and elbow grease with a Microfibre Madness buffing cloth. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

MarkN wrote: »
    50 Cal Pentawax and elbow grease with a Microfibre Madness buffing cloth. :)

Or a Photoshop :)

Just kidding, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

After foxhole sorted it out a few days ago.

IMG_20180323_213048.jpg

IMG_20180323_213118.jpg

Did they give you scrappage on her!!??:D;)

I got scrappage on both left in the ten year old skoda
    IMAG12048_zps2qpsgflv.jpeg

Popped up to the Cork Car Show today with work, found a very similar engine in a not so similar car :D...........

A chap named Kieran's truck?
    I worked with him years ago, he had a superchipped Orion Ghia at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,374 ✭✭✭✭endacl

MarkN wrote: »
    Fresh coat of wax.
    Cars that shiny attract pigeons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Augeo wrote: »
    A chap named Kieran's truck?
    I worked with him years ago, he had a superchipped Orion Ghia at the time.

Think that might be him alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Trying on the new shoes with a reverse stagger. I won't mount them properly until I sort the last few pieces on the car first, but should be a great summer ahead :)

Byorsl7.jpg

LgCIUQ5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I can smell the rubbing from here :P :)

In fairness tho, she looks well. Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I can smell the rubbing from here :P :)

In fairness tho, she looks well. Best of luck!

Haha, it doesn't rub at driving height although how that front splitter has survived this long is beyond me! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Haha, it doesn't rub at driving height although how that front splitter has survived this long is beyond me! :o

Is that a skoda splitter Paddy?

vectra wrote: »
    Is that a skoda splitter Paddy?

It's not, it's a single piece carbon fibre splitter I sourced from the US which we integrated brake ducting into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,616 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    It's not, it's a single piece carbon fibre splitter I sourced from the US which we integrated brake ducting into.

Very nice.
    Sets off the front of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Locked my own keys in the ignition over the weekend, got rescued by this gallant soul this morning.
    80€ just to pick open the door which stings a little

Just give her a nice wax and polish looking like new again
    IMAG12044_zps3lzlolr9.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

davycc wrote: »
    Locked my own keys in the ignition over the weekend, got rescued by this gallant soul this morning.
    80€ just to pick open the door which stings a little

Lock doctor are not afraid to charge.

Brother wanted 2 keys for his e39 and door opened and was told 320, it would be 250 but you arent in the city.

He didn't get the job :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Brother wanted 2 keys for his e39 and door opened and was told 320, it would be 250 but you arent in the city.

I lost the key of a friend's fiat a few years ago. 350 they charged and I was on the cusp of getting the keys of my new house the same week. They told me they would look after me for lock changes and opening a padlocked shed whivh I had no key. The bastardos were there 10 mins and never charged me labour, just the call out fee of 70 euro. So kind of them! Grrrrrr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw a Punto being opened in Tesco coonagh before Christmas, yer wan rang the locksmith company, they opened it for her, then she said she didn’t have any cash or bank card with her, nobody would be able to pay on her behalf, and she’d pay him back. He quite rightly relocked the car with the key in it and fooked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Saw a Punto being opened in Tesco coonagh before Christmas, yer wan rang the locksmith company, they opened it for her, then she said she didn’t have any cash or bank card with her, nobody would be able to pay on her behalf, and she’d pay him back. He quite rightly relocked the car with the key in it and fooked off.

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,843 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Cheeky cow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Brass neck alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Locked myself out of the house on Thursday morning. 50 for a call out by a lock Smith and locks picked .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Mate locked his keys in the boot of his car a few months back. Had it covered on the insurance, so yer man came out and had it opened in about 30 seconds..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I lost my keys about 10 years ago down in Galway docks late at night so I put a brick through the rear quarter panel as I had a spare hidden in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Her's on the left, mine on the right.

A newly acquired Ibiza FR and my Fiesta ST, i have two cars to clean at the weekends now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

She should have gotten the awesome red colour. :P

Not a bad driveway collection to have though! :)

dar83 wrote: »
    She should have gotten the awesome red colour. :P

Not a bad driveway collection to have though! :)

Thanks, getting itchy feet myself so might trade up myself in 2019.

I quite like the white, and there was a massive wait list to spec one in ourselves. This one was on order by the dealer and we done a deal during the 6 day sale event back in February, 2k scrappage for her old TDi with a knackered engine, 1.9% APR and 3 years free servicing, it was a good deal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

I lost the key of a friend's fiat a few years ago. 350 they charged and I was on the cusp of getting the keys of my new house the same week. They told me they would look after me for lock changes and opening a padlocked shed whivh I had no key. The bastardos were there 10 mins and never charged me labour, just the call out fee of 70 euro. So kind of them! Grrrrrr.

When I was overseas some years back a guy I knew could pop central locking using a tennis ball, he made a small hole in it and with a very quick squish in through the key hole it used to pop up the locks, he could do it first time 80% of the time, I couldn't do it once, :(
    Don't ask me how or why it worked, and I wouldn't believe till I seen it,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

hooch-85 wrote: »
    Her's on the left, mine on the right.

A newly acquired Ibiza FR and my Fiesta ST, i have two cars to clean at the weekends now!

What engine did you go for? Mrs Crokers (16 Ibiza) is due for replacement next February so looking at the 115 or 150bhp as it's mainly my car these days

What engine did you go for? Mrs Crokers (16 Ibiza) is due for replacement next February so looking at the 115 or 150bhp as it's mainly my car these days

Its only the 1.0 TSi 95ps manual. It won't win any drag races but its perfectly adequate for every day driving. In comparison to the old 1.4 TDi she had its a massive step up. The 115 was the one i wanted but it was a long wait (up up 8 months we were told). I drove a 150 too but only around the city, i'd like to get one on a longer spin. It seems to be doing around 5.9/100kms on her commute, 48 mpg, hoping it will get better as the engine breaks in.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement