Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Would not have been my first choice initially but 530ds are thin on the ground here especially in that spec, so you can't have it all your own way when buying used. Interestly enough even in the UK most of the 530ds for sale seem to be carbon black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Me: I'm getting an m sport 5 series
    Wife: what's wrong with the focus
    Me : its shyte
    Wife: how much?
    Me : only about .......
    Wife: sniggers, no way
    Me: You don't understand
    Wife : OK , get it and you take my car
    Me :
    Wife :see?nothing wrong with the focus
    Me:

:pac:

Lovey cars lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Well wear bazz, stunning car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I took this old girl for an NCT in February and she didn't want to play ball and decided to stick the bonnet latches open meaning I got a fail dangerous along with corroded rear brake hoses. The tester said was a shame as it was in excellent condition otherwise. Tried fixing the latch and got nowhere so stuck her back in the garage and didn't even bother throwing the covers back over her. A fit of guilt got to me this week so I pulled her out again and she started first time without hesitation. I have ramps ordered to be collected in the morning, new axle stands and new bumper shocks to fix the slightly sagging front bumper. Currently trying to accumulate the bits to give the cooling system a refresh along with some braided rear brake hoses and with a small bit of luck she will see the road again in July. I have 4 BBS alloys waiting for new tyres which would be a nice addition but they are not essential. A quick spin around the estate and I was reminded why I just love this car.:o:cool::cool:

2018-04-04-_PHOTO-00001068_copy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

That 530d is absolutely gorgeous bazz, and looks like a serious amount of spec in it as well. Very jealous right now! Plus, it's got the most important thing of all - six cylinders.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    My new arrival today:..........

jayo26 wrote: »
    After 10 years without a Beemer I finally convinced the wife..

Two lovely cars, both look top class, happy motoring chaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 PetroleumJello

Congrats on the F10's lads. I had 520d M-Sport and l absolutely loved it. I still miss those seats, incredibly comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,321 ✭✭✭m17

Just give the brothers car a nice wax and polish looking like new again IMAG3188_zpspdxit7ru.jpg
    IMAG3189_zpsrkvlmfak.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

at least you only had to remove the soot from half the exhaust tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Burn-Meme-2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

jayo26 wrote: »
    After 10 years without a Beemer I finally convinced the wife..

Love it so far had a good drive in it this evening its my first auto car thought it would take some getting used to but not a bother on it love it.
    Good luck with the new arrival!
    Did you get it in enniscorthy? I have old friends near the giant petits super value..
    Never owned an auto yet but I would say it makes driving in traffic daily a lot more relaxed you can break out the pipe and slippers and take the stress out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

davycc wrote: »
    Good luck with the new arrival!
    Did you get it in enniscorthy? I have old friends near the giant petits super value..
    Never owned an auto yet but I would say it makes driving in traffic daily a lot more relaxed you can break out the pipe and slippers and take the stress out

Thanks mate.

No not enniscorthy but the car was owned by a well known person around county wexford and was serviced regularly in donoghues so was a no brainer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Me: I'm getting an m sport 5 series
    Wife: what's wrong with the focus
    Me : its shyte
    Wife: how much?
    Me : only about .......
    Wife: sniggers, no way
    Me: You don't understand
    Wife : OK , get it and you take my car
    Me :
    Wife :see?nothing wrong with the focus
    Me:

:pac:

Lovey cars lads.

Do what I do...
    I turned up in my f10 one day at the house and the missus was like " I thought you were only looking at one"
    "yep but I loved it so took it"...she doesn't drive yet so doesn't get a say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

at least you only had to remove the soot from half the exhaust tips.

Miaow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

Nice evening for it

P1020769.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Have the A4 almost 3 months overall loving it so far. The dark hides the dirt well :pac:

447613.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Turns it upside down too.

Turns it upside down too.

It’s showing fine for me right way up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Aus import for me too. Looks well all the same..

Aus import for me too. Looks well all the same..

Went in on my laptop showing upside down but if you click attachment its right way up not sure how to fix that :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

latest?cb=20110106024559

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Bazz's 5-series and mine both seem to have taken the exact same color combination outside, inside, and wood.

So, I rented this over the weekend. (It was my vehicle, I just didn't own it.)

2b3HSdU.jpg

hS6ITE2.jpg

Looks snazzy. Rides very well, surprisingly well, actually. (Motor Trend rated it as a better handling car than the BMW M3). No way in hell I'd buy it.

First problem. Look at those back side windows. I have never driven anything with such horrendous vision before. One would need to purchase the blind-spot-monitor option and have cameras everywhere. Pulling into the fast lane is almost a case of gambling. Speaking of, the rear view camera was badly aligned to the computer generated path.

Secondly, the boot is atrocious. It's actually very large, plenty of room for my full-sized suitcase and backpacks.
    iy61KPx.jpg

The catch is getting the suitcase into the thing in the first place. You have to drop it down from above, stand it on end, then try to angle it, and push, hoping to hell that the suitcase isn't too long to make the curve. Reminded me of getting a couch around the hallway and into the sitting room door.

Interior wasn't anything to shout about either.
    ZVCTiVh.jpg

I mean, I can't complain. It's a third the price of our 5-series, so one wouldn't expect it to be luxury, but it's just... bland.

Fortunately, wife prefers the Challenger. Once we sort out getting rid of the other two cars, of course (Passat and SL).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

CIP4 wrote: »
    Have the A4 almost 3 months overall loving it so far. The dark hides the dirt well :pac:

I didn't realise it was quattro :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭bear1

So here is my temporary American import 2.0 160bhp Ford thirsty as **** Focus.
    Airbag light on: check
    aircon broken: check
    Tire sensor issue: check
    vibration at 100kph: check
    broken windshield washer: check

But.. i do like the surprising turn of pace it has. Kick down is quite addictive but you pay for that with horrible consumption.
    Radio sucks...
    The mirror is as in it is split in 2 on both sides but on the drivers side the main mirror is massively magnified so spaces between the cars looks incredibly tight and the small mirror is the normal mirror which would show the normal distance.

447760.jpg

447759.jpg

447758.jpg

Don't understand why on the laptop it shows as sideways but on my phone they are upright..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

bear1 wrote: »
    Don't understand why on the laptop it shows as sideways but on my phone they are upright..

CIP4 syndrome! You will be getting a rattle shortly..:P

Picked this up in January, manual, non performance pack version, good fun. gxIemRp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

That's lovely man. Have to say VW have really upped their game with the Golfs these days. They're lovely cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I like the way the red accent on the grill flows into the headlights, very nice, and the lower bumper strakes flow into the wheels.... class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

I like the way the red accent on the grill flows into the headlights, very nice, and the lower bumper strakes flow into the wheels.... class.

+1, it looks fantastic. Few cars would tempt me out of BMW ownership (despite the high cost of keeping them on the road), but that one just might!

+1, it looks fantastic. Few cars would tempt me out of BMW ownership (despite the high cost of keeping them on the road), but that one just might!

I've come from a couple of BMW's (F10, E90) myself, you'll love the standard kit but miss the material quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

That's a lovely GTI, they really do look great in white with the red strip. A nicer styling too than the R imo.

Appreciate the kind words on the car. The colour is called White-Silver, its quite strange in person (often looks nearly a light blue, Mazda have a similar colour). Interested to see peoples opinion of the interior colours, from the non car people I usually spend my time around it's like marmite, people either love the tartan or absolutely hate it. I've just moved away from having a couple of cars with leather, I'm not a fan, would love alcantara some day. 9xSIinX.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'd prefer the leather tbh. The Alcantara and fabric is just too hard to keep clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Again, think it looks just as good on the inside as the outside. Love the tartan. Adds a bit of character to vintage character to the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

So, I rented this over the weekend. (It was my vehicle, I just didn't own it.

Looks snazzy. Rides very well, surprisingly well, actually. (Motor Trend rated it as a better handling car than the BMW M3). No way in hell I'd buy it.

First problem. Look at those back side windows. I have never driven anything with such horrendous vision before. One would need to purchase the blind-spot-monitor option and have cameras everywhere. Pulling into the fast lane is almost a case of gambling. Speaking of, the rear view camera was badly aligned to the computer generated path.

Secondly, the boot is atrocious. It's actually very large, plenty of room for my full-sized suitcase and backpacks.

The catch is getting the suitcase into the thing in the first place. You have to drop it down from above, stand it on end, then try to angle it, and push, hoping to hell that the suitcase isn't too long to make the curve. Reminded me of getting a couch around the hallway and into the sitting room door.

Interior wasn't anything to shout about either.

I mean, I can't complain. It's a third the price of our 5-series, so one wouldn't expect it to be luxury, but it's just... bland.

Fortunately, wife prefers the Challenger. Once we sort out getting rid of the other two cars, of course (Passat and SL).

The biggest problem right there is that you weren't given the 6.2Litre V8 "SS" version ;)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104467482&postcount=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

OSI wrote: »
    10 minutes with a fabric sealer and they become wipe clean for a good year. Plus, VW leather is pretty poor. I think the half Alcantara is the best option of the bunch on the GTI.

Isn't leather in VWs also abhorrently expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The wife turned fifty and wanted a big old beast of a muscle car for her birthday.  So I got her a Dodge Charger.  That thing is bigger than my Jeep Commander.  I made sure it had all-wheel drive for the winter conditions here so it wouldn’t be just a fair weather drive.  I took it for a spin the other day.  Looked down and discovered I was doing 85mph in a 45mph speed zone.  That thing is scary fast and handles really well for its large size.  

http://carphotos4.cardomain.com/images/0015/31/43/15971334_large.jpg

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭duffman3833

^^^^^
    im living in the wrong country

Pff, give me a 1.6 TDI any day over that, jaysus the consumption must be horrific :D

• Advertisement

^^^^^
    im living in the wrong country

Well if you are a car enthusiast , yeah, you pretty much are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

I like the way you've colour coordinated your usb cable too, nice touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

bear1 wrote: »
    Pff, give me a 1.6 TDI any day over that, jaysus the consumption must be horrific :D
    The gas consumption on that thing is better than my other rides... which isn't saying much.  :D

The locals slow down when they see it because it's the exact same car as our police department's unmarked chase vehicle.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

How is it so many have such nice cars, motorbikes and huge homes....

Would absolutely love to have them things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

lots of hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Love the alcantara, have half and half in my Golf, looks lovely when it's vacuumed and clean, but they're tough to keep clean... Mine badly need a shampoo.

Bank loans! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

BHP wrote: »
    Have this a few weeks. Over 3,000km on it now.

What a stunner of a car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

lots of hard work.

Get out of it all I see is guys on YouTube talking rubbish but have all sorts of deadly things...

Dam I'm totally in the wrong country.

OSI wrote: »
    Don't buy into the YouTube bull****. A lot of it is either sponsored content or leased to the max for the sake of appearance

He's bang on ^. Some of the Youtube guys have videos/podcasts about how much time they put into buying a car in order to not get caught out in the end. Many keep the cars less than a year and limit themselves heavily on milage in order to ensure they don't lose a heap of value on the other end.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement